Any VzW world-capable phones at CES?

Balthazar B

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I've tried reading all the news and releases from CES, but didn't find this mentioned anywhere: are any of the phones announced by Verizon (or its suppliers) capable of roaming in Europe?

I hate to say it, but if not (and given VzW's new policies on phone upgrades under contract), AT&T may have won me back. :eek:

Reactions: ravenlore

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
The biggest push at CES is for LTE devices. LTE being the standard that the majoraty of the world is going to switching to for "4G" service. As far as LTE/GSM devices, there hasn't been anything that I've seen.

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm very much wondering this myself...all I want is a Moto Droid (slider-qwerty ff) that's LTE+gobal. I'd buy that puppy on release day. :cool:

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've tried reading all the news and releases from CES, but didn't find this mentioned anywhere: are any of the phones announced by Verizon (or its suppliers) capable of roaming in Europe?

I hate to say it, but if not (and given VzW's new policies on phone upgrades under contract), AT&T may have won me back. :eek:

I don't know about LTE's, give CES it's time to run and see what is announced, but there is the Droid Global which is a World phone and 3g. Other than that, not sure about global droid on VZW

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about LTE's, give CES it's time to run and see what is announced, but there is the Droid Global which is a World phone and 3g. Other than that, not sure about global droid on VZW

If I weren't in an LTE launch city, I'd already have a Droid2 Global. That's exactly what I want wrt features and form factor. Now I'm just waiting for an LTE radio in there ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star