Next phone

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
There have been rumors in the last week or so of a new Moto X, so it's possible that there will be a Droid with similar specs. I believe the rumors suggest a camera with OIS, a 3280 mah battery, 5.2 display.

It sounds almost too good to be true - it solves all of the Moto X problems (small battery, mediocre camera).

But, I guess we'll see when we see....

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I was gonna start a thread on this exact question! You beat me too it!

I love the turbo, but gave it to my daughter and i got a note4. I seem to bpunce back and forth between the two lol.

I hope they come up w something great because im a big fan of motorola and the turbo is awesome.. still miss it sometimes lol

If the new motox is going to have a bigger battery than i hope the deoid at least stays w the 3900mah battery, the droid phones ( either turbo or maxx) have always outshined on battery life. My note 4 is the only major brand phone that comes close while being stock.

My biggest complaint of the turbo was no simultaneous voice and data, and when the upgrade fixed it, you had to have hd calling enabled (which to means still sounds worse if your not calling a phone w hd) for it to work, i disnt realize how often i used it until i couldnt.

Im anxious to see if motorola/lenovo will come up with something great this year.. because other than the one fault (to me) i mentioned, the turbo was a hit

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, a replacement phone isn't on my radar until 6 months from before the end of 2 my year contract (from Oct 2014), so who knows what my options will be. I didn't even know the Turbo existed until Sony foiled my plans to get an xperia z3 by instead offering their lame-o Z3v for VZW. I was quite unhappy about that, but then the Turbo came out of left field, and I have few regrets (the Z3 is still quite a looker and water proof). Perhaps there will be a Z5 option when my upgrade opportunity rolls around; who knows? Maybe a well-speced G5 by then will be an option as well.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Turbo is barely 8 months old! Give it time to grow up at least. Personally, I'm with Dungoyle and won't be looking to upgrade til mid 2016, at the earliest. So, not too concerned with the heir to the Droid phone at this point. If the typical Moto pattern continues, there will probably be a slight upgrade device released 4th qtr of this year, then a completely redone model in 2016.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Not to put too much pressure on Motorola, but I consider the Turbo a modest upgrade from the Maxx so I think there's room for a significant upgrade this fall.

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not to put too much pressure on Motorola, but I consider the Turbo a modest upgrade from the Maxx so I think there's room for a significant upgrade this fall.

At this point, major advances and upgrades won't be yearly. Small advances and redesigns should be considered 'new models' IMO.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've read somewhere there is a nexus 6 variant with a 4000 mah battery and lollipop out of the box. Supposedly released as a Verizon exclusive and 3rd quarter. Who knows if its true.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What's coming up to replace the Turbo or something like it?

unfortunately I haven't seen much as far as flagships with larger battery. moto x latest rumor is 3280 mAh and s6 active 3500 ... I'm not getting my hopes up, the G4 was also rumored to be 3500.

I refuse to buy a phone with less than 3300 mAh or thereabouts depending on display. I wish the minimum was 3500 and 1080p the max

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87