Possible HTC phone with AMOLED display coming this year.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hehui to supply HTC with AMOLED panels for handsets released in 2H15

China-based AMOLED display maker Hehui Optoelectroics has been proactive in seeking out new deals with handset vendors and is expected to supply HTC with the technology used in new handsets released in the second half of 2015.

With this announcement that HTC has possibly found an AMOLED panel supplier and will be using it on a device being released later this year, I wonder if the One devices will be first to debut with these displays or will the Desire lineup get the first iteration of AMOLED displays. I also wonder what the quality of these displays would be like.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Hehui Optoelectroics, aka EverDisplay Optronics, is a very young company. Founded around 2012, they've effectively just started producing amoled panels in "late" 2014. While they may be able to crank out a servicable display given that kind of time frame, I doubt that their panels are going to be any match for the kinds of displays that Samsung and LG are currently shipping out on their flagships. And if this "hero" device is meant to take on the big guns, those will be the displays to go up against.

I loved my One M8. If those ********s at HTC had released an M-class phone with a 5.5" or better display this year, I'd still be a happy HTC customer. But they didn't, so I've found love and acceptance with a new Nexus 6. And it's gonna take a whole lot of phone to woo me away from the N6. I don't need another "hero" with a 5.2" display.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I loved my One M8. If those ********s at HTC had released an M-class phone with a 5.5" or better display this year, I'd still be a happy HTC customer. But they didn't, so I've found love and acceptance with a new Nexus 6. And it's gonna take a whole lot of phone to woo me away from the N6. I don't need another "hero" with a 5.2" display.

I wouldn't put too much weight into this 'hero' device for 2nd half of this year. I don't think there's too much time for them to come up with some amazing new phone. I think we should expect a significant change in the M10 next year though. IMO the biggest issue with HTC phones over the last three years was the camera.

You could almost get away with the average camera in 2013/14, but in 2015 with Samsung and LG doing really amazing things with their camera, it's just not good enough for HTC to have a substandard one. If they can fix that and get a really kickass camera in the M10, I'd be happy to go back to HTC.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't put too much weight into this 'hero' device for 2nd half of this year. I don't think there's too much time for them to come up with some amazing new phone. I think we should expect a significant change in the M10 next year though. IMO the biggest issue with HTC phones over the last three years was the camera.

You could almost get away with the average camera in 2013/14, but in 2015 with Samsung and LG doing really amazing things with their camera, it's just not good enough for HTC to have a substandard one. If they can fix that and get a really kickass camera in the M10, I'd be happy to go back to HTC.

camera and get rid of the black bar. i think it's obvious consumers would prefer the screen real estate to "boomsound"

they need something to distinguish the M10 from other flagships IMO. if they want to make a name for themselves, I'd throw in a 3500+ mAh battery

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(7808135)

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Well this is interesting! All I have to say is that they better figure something out soon because it's only getting worse sadly! The M9 wasn't a major upgrade over the M8 so that is what hurt them plus the crappy camera. At this point, they need to go all out with the M10 plus have mind blowing features in the device or they aren't getting anywhere soon. I want to see HTC succeed in every aspect but I don't see it happening until the end of 2015 or next year.

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I've ditched the Evo 3D, I've been waiting for a reason to switch back to HTC. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae