Motorola ... something ... at the FCC

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have an idea what this is? Wifi only?

motorola-fcc-label.PNG

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...ame=N&application_id=645624&fcc_id='IHDT6MM1'

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
This is my first shot at interpreting these reports, so I hope my speculation isn't too far off.

The test report shows that the device plugs into a 12v car power outlet and communicate both with a mobile phone (the Milestone was used in the test) and with a Bluetooth base station. I'm guessing that the Bluetooth base station was just something used for testing purposes and not involved with the final product, just like the system simulator that is also shown in the testing configuration.

The test report shows that it transmits and receives in the 802.11b/g wifi range (2.4 GHz). It also mentions Bluetooth EDR antennas capable of up to 3 Mbps, which is the theoretical max rate of Bluetooth v2+EDR. With Bluetooth v3, Bluetooth is used to establish the link between devices and wifi is used for the bulk of the data transfer to provide higher overall speeds. Both of those elements are present here.

Note that the item name is "T225". Motorola has a couple of current Bluetooth in-car speakerphones with model numbers of T215 and T325. Perhaps this falls into the same category.

To me, that diagram looks like the underside of something that will fit into a docking station or mount of some sort.

So, what sort of device is designed to be mount in a car dock and can establish a high speed data connection with a smartphone? Perhaps a mobile A/V system to stream movies or music while cruising down the highway? Or maybe an in-car gaming system where the smartphone becomes the console and controller and this device displays the video? Just guesses, but it's a possibility.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
This is my first shot at interpreting these reports, so I hope my speculation isn't too far off.

The test report shows that the device plugs into a 12v car power outlet and communicate both with a mobile phone (the Milestone was used in the test) and with a Bluetooth base station. I'm guessing that the Bluetooth base station was just something used for testing purposes and not involved with the final product, just like the system simulator that is also shown in the testing configuration.

The test report shows that it transmits and receives in the 802.11b/g wifi range (2.4 GHz). It also mentions Bluetooth EDR antennas capable of up to 3 Mbps, which is the theoretical max rate of Bluetooth v2+EDR. With Bluetooth v3, Bluetooth is used to establish the link between devices and wifi is used for the bulk of the data transfer to provide higher overall speeds. Both of those elements are present here.

Note that the item name is "T225". Motorola has a couple of current Bluetooth in-car speakerphones with model numbers of T215 and T325. Perhaps this falls into the same category.

To me, that diagram looks like the underside of something that will fit into a docking station or mount of some sort.

So, what sort of device is designed to be mount in a car dock and can establish a high speed data connection with a smartphone? Perhaps a mobile A/V system to stream movies or music while cruising down the highway? Or maybe an in-car gaming system where the smartphone becomes the console and controller and this device displays the video? Just guesses, but it's a possibility.

YES! You are absolutely correct. This is a new Moto speaker dock. Check out the pictures of the T215; it looks like a predecessor to the one pictured above.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech