Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by shamefulzero View Post
    MOTO is also retracted they're stance on bootloaders. They could not release it with MOTO blur. I still have hope.
    One has nothing to do with the other. The bootloader thing only effects a small percentage of their customers who choose to do custom roms on their phones and most others don't even know what a bootloader is let alone that it is locked..

Motoblur is their brand. It is how they distinguish themselves from LG, HTC, and Samsung. ALL Moto smartphones (with a very few exceptions) -- Android Windows Mobile and yes probably Windows Phone 7 -- have some variation on Motoblur on them to give them a unified look and feel. The only reason we got the Moto Droid 1 as stock was as I said Verizon and Google wanted a phone to showcase Android 2.0. Now Google has the Nexus series phones for that and unless the next Nexus is from Motorola it is unlikely we will see a stock phone from Moto.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    Its just really hard for me to let go that the Droid 3 will lack LTE.
    I'm just anxious for news if it can later be upgraded to LTE like their Xoom (surprising there's still no ETA on that yet), or if an LTE version will come out shortly afterwards.

I guess right now, its too much to ask for a 4G slider on VZW...
    The reason that the Xoom is upgradeable is because it was given a slot for an LTE SIM and space was left inside for an LTE radio. Very unlikely it will be possible with the D3 for space reasons as stated above and if it has a SIM slot in it, odds are it will be for Global (GSM) capabilities like that D2G.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Question 2 sim cards?

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    The reason that the Xoom is upgradeable is because it was given a slot for an LTE SIM and space was left inside for an LTE radio. Very unlikely it will be possible with the D3 for space reasons as stated above and if it has a SIM slot in it, odds are it will be for Global (GSM) capabilities like that D2G.
    If the Droid '4G' (the '4G' doing double duty) does come out next summer as a 4G Global phone. How will the sim card work? The D2G sim card is for GSM use out of the US and the HTC TB 4G sim card is related to the LTE system. If the 'D4G' has both, will it need to have 2 sim cards?
    Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting for Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."
    [http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html ]

Perspective instantiates reality.

~

I want a light removable Motoblur, unlocked bootloader, z4 rootable, Ti OMAP and LTE! With global radios plz

Default At last! Time to close this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shamefulzero View Post
    phonedog.com is saying Droid3 in june? what i said in a prevous post somewhere, i hope more info leaks about it. espeacially if it will be stock 2.3 or blurred up!
    AC scoop -- D3 on vzw site

It's OFFICIAL! We need a Droid 3 thread on the Motorola Android devices page now!

This makes me feel like it really could be out by the Fourth. Such a great phone, it's gonna be hard (but not impossible) to wait for the Droid 4...

But, then, who knows, maybe HTC will have an LTE 4G slide sooner -- and with an unlocked loader, to boot!

PS -- Should the D4 be expected to have 2 sim cards? (See Qn above --> 05-25-2011 07:02 AM.)
    Last edited by TC_Mits; 06-01-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: need anew thread
    Learning Android root on a Droid X while waiting for Godot (or the Droid "4G" -- whichever comes first...)

The Borg has assimilated US: Supreme Court Blocks Ban on Corporate Political Spending ~ "Resistance is futile."
    [http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/22/us/politics/22scotus.html ]

Perspective instantiates reality.

~
    Thanked by:
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by TC_Mits View Post
    AC scoop -- D3 on vzw site

It's OFFICIAL! We need a Droid 3 thread on the Motorola Android devices page now!

This makes me feel like it really could be out by the Fourth. Such a great phone, it's gonna be hard (but not impossible) to wait for the Droid 4...

But, then, who knows, maybe HTC will have an LTE 4G slide sooner -- and with an unlocked loader, to boot!

PS -- Should the D4 be expected to have 2 sim cards? (See Qn above --> 05-25-2011 07:02 AM.)
    Yes I would say release by July 4 should be a safe bet at this point.

It's possible a D4 would have 2 sim slots (1 for Global GSM, 1 for 4G LTE) but by that time it is possible they would find a way to combine the two or decide to make two different versions of the phone. Who knows! Apple is lobbying for a new industry standard SIM card the size of a MicroUSB card too so that is possible as well. It's a year away so all we can do really is speculate.

Thanked by:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456