Manufacturer's new model release calendar?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I am in the market for my first smartphone, and am trying to 'get it right the first time". I'm on Verizon and am out of contract, so time is not an issue (other than my patience). To afford it, I do need to buy it subsidized though.
If I had to pick a phone today, it'd probably be the LG G4, based on screen size/quality, SD card/ removeable battery, and camera.

So far, the only new phone to really compare it to right now is the Samsung S6, but I really like the design of the LG better (and of course the SD card/ removable battery).

I've read a lot of positive comments about the Nexus', and some Motorolas, but don't know how long before they're released and get picked up by U.S. carriers. I know Apple usually releases new iPhones (don't want one) in September, but what about Motorola? Lot of rumors swirling about who's going to make the next Nexus phones. When do they usually come out?

I was hoping to just pick up a G4 and be done with it, especially so I could use it on vacation at the end of July. However, it would be nice to know just how long the wait would be for a couple other phones to compare the LG to.

Does anyone have a rough idea of which month the various manufacturers release their new models? Is it usually the same every year?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I am in the market for my first smartphone, and am trying to 'get it right the first time". I'm on Verizon and am out of contract, so time is not an issue (other than my patience). To afford it, I do need to buy it subsidized though.
If I had to pick a phone today, it'd probably be the LG G4, based on screen size/quality, SD card/ removeable battery, and camera.

So far, the only new phone to really compare it to right now is the Samsung S6, but I really like the design of the LG better (and of course the SD card/ removable battery).

I've read a lot of positive comments about the Nexus', and some Motorolas, but don't know how long before they're released and get picked up by U.S. carriers. I know Apple usually releases new iPhones (don't want one) in September, but what about Motorola? Lot of rumors swirling about who's going to make the next Nexus phones. When do they usually come out?

I was hoping to just pick up a G4 and be done with it, especially so I could use it on vacation at the end of July. However, it would be nice to know just how long the wait would be for a couple other phones to compare the LG to.

Does anyone have a rough idea of which month the various manufacturers release their new models? Is it usually the same every year?

nexus: mid October release, but it'll be difficult to get right away due to nightmare stock issues every year. Moto X is September. Note 5 around same time.

seems to me the G4 is perfect for you, and if you're looking to compare anything, try the S6 and HTC M9.

personally, I'm waiting for the Moto X and Nexus. stock/near stock and battery life are most important to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
nexus: mid October release, but it'll be difficult to get right away due to nightmare stock issues every year. Moto X is September. Note 5 around same time.

seems to me the G4 is perfect for you, and if you're looking to compare anything, try the S6 and HTC M9.

personally, I'm waiting for the Moto X and Nexus. stock/near stock and battery life are most important to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

I really like the curved back of the G4 over the S6 flat slab, no removable battery, $100 to bump memory to 128GB, iPhone wannabe design.... It sounds like Samsung's camera does better in Auto than the G4 though, and just wish the G4 camera software would get an update to help with some of the issues I've read about. I think the overall package the G4 presents is probably what I'll go with. I like the buttons on the back too (I seem to accidentally press my Samsung's side buttons way to easily) I'm sure the Moto X will get the camera right this time, but obviously we won't know how good and what the rest of the phone will be like for a couple more months. Not sure I want to wait till then though...no way I'm waiting for the Nexus if October/November is how long it'll be.

Ed YANG

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I am looking forward to SIEMEN's release with GIGASET branded smartphone which is slated to be announce in coming September, and probably pushed into market in November. There wasn't much news on the OS decision around... but i guess for this old maker to make a comeback... most likely could be the open source Android.