Quad-Core Processors by next year, your thoughts?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Nvidia Tegra 3 Will Bring Quad Core Processors by Q1 Next Year - BriefMobile

There have been several reports over the past few days, and it's mind boggling stuff. Just 2 months ago, single core processors were all the craze and people were swearing we didn't need dual core. By this time next year you can expect to hear about Tablets and smartphones featuring Quad-Core Tegra 3.

You may not need quad-cores for movement throughout the UI, but you have to seriously look at where mobile tech is headed. The smartphone and tablets will become your mobile computer, probably getting more time than your actual laptop or PC. There are becoming all-in-one devices that can do high caliber gaming comparable to actual consoles. I'm very excited about where mobile tech is headed.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Ya I agree with you as its total waste but they should develop it and let the developer catch up on software level to take advantage on for general usage. As for now are you aware of any apps or current AOSP fully utilizing even dual standard? No way in hell the general public need quad core in even 2011 much less 2012. Good luck carrying 2-3 batteries or extended power packs. I ran servers and I hit my own limit with dual core then later upgrade to quad core and now that I moved on as it works as it should I moved to mobile world.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Ya I agree with you as its total waste but they should develop it and let the developer catch up on software level to take advantage on for general usage. As for now are you aware of any apps or current AOSP fully utilizing even dual standard? No way in hell the general public need quad core in even 2011 much less 2012. Good luck carrying 2-3 batteries or extended power packs. I ran servers and I hit my own limit with dual core then later upgrade to quad core and now that I moved on as it works as it should I moved to mobile world.
Obviously no one can utilize dual cores yet because there aren't any on the market. Applications will still perform better even if they aren't written directly for dual cores.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
all those waiting for dual core will realize that quad core is only months away an put off current phones to wait another year for quad core

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
LOL if you think like that you will never be able to upgrade period. As current life span for Cell is around 5-6months as they are always updated. You better have alot of money if you want to be living on the High Tech curve as you always upgrading over and over.

Apps will preform as is but will not have access to dual stack proc threads. Just keep in mind 1ghz dual core does not mean 2ghz all it means is it can run 2 thread's at 1ghz each same times. Also the 32bit/64bit does not play here as for the compiling env platform for SDK thats all based on JAVA and C++.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
LOL if you think like that you will never be able to upgrade period. As current life span for Cell is around 5-6months as they are always updated. You better have alot of money if you want to be living on the High Tech curve as you always upgrading over and over.

Apps will preform as is but will not have access to dual stack proc threads. Just keep in mind 1ghz dual core does not mean 2ghz all it means is it can run 2 thread's at 1ghz each same times. Also the 32bit/64bit does not play here as for the compiling env platform for SDK thats all based on JAVA and C++.

Apps WILL perform better with the added processing power. Android doesn't operate the same way Windows does. Google has confirmed this several times.

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Apps WILL perform better with the added processing power. Android doesn't operate the same way Windows does. Google has confirmed this several times.

Windows? Who said anything about Windows? I been using Unix/Linux for over 10+ years and AOSP is using linux kernel as its linux variant.

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I wonder when we'll see the first phone with psp2 level specs? If Sony found a way to put that on a phone/tablet, that would make them relevant in the mobile space again. I have a feeling Samsung will also be using the sgx543 for the GS2 phones

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You do realize that one of the benefits of having multiple cores in a processor means it saves more power?

You obviously missed the whole point of the post. You think the reason of getting dual core is to save power? LOL now that is funny. I was more talking about how proc thread works itself. If thread is accessing CPU0 as designed for task at 1ghz it will use that only and won't use CPU1. Dual core means running 2 proc threads each at 1ghz so it does not mean 2ghz. Now depending on how OS handles it it can be using same core thus not effectively using it as program does not have access to it fully. Normally they actually designed 2years ahead as seen in real OS. But they can just simply add it so makes no difference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar