Motorola Bounce, Motorola Force

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
https://twitter.com/upleaks/status/638322226815590400
Motorola Bounce: 5.43" QHD, MSM8994, 32or64GB/3GB, 21MP/5MP, 3760mAh, Shatterproof, December.

Wonder if it will make it to the US at all? Will it be unlocked/all-carrier like the MXPE? Or will it be the international version of the Turbo 2 (i.e. not available in the US off verizon)?

A phone in the hand is worth two in the bush (at least for me right now), but anyone going to wait 3 more months to see if this materializes?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Moto phone coming in December?

interesting. I have a feeling in the US this will be the turbo 2. if not, I'd prefer the larger battery to the pure ... unfortunately for us in the US, after VZ gets their paws on these nice moto phones, they're not even remotely close to the same thing. take away it being unlocked and bloat free, then add carrier branding and it's just not the same.

if I'm wrong though, I'd be interested. little late in the year to sign up for an 810 though. 2015 has been frustrating. so many great phones ruined by either a chip or small battery .... unfortunately with 4K I don't see things getting much better next year.

slidesJ

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site

Rumor is the Droid Turbo 2 was to be 'shatterproof' with a POLED screen, maybe this is it as an international version?

Bigger battery and better processor (although debatable with 810) would fit the Droid lineup

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Wonder if it will make it to the US at all? Will it be unlocked/all-carrier like the MXPE? Or will it be the international version of the Turbo 2 (i.e. not available in the US off verizon)?

A phone in the hand is worth two in the bush (at least for me right now), but anyone going to wait 3 more months to see if this materializes?

@CLOCKS ... I'm shocked this thread didn't get more buzz today. It's gigantic news and worthy of discussion. are u a mod? if so can u give it it's own section? if not I'll send AC an email. I did that for the G4 Pro and M10 and they got it up in a day.

also, are u in the US? I'm pretty much 100% convinced this is the Turbo 2. After the 2700 battery news in the LG Nexus, I might actually consider it. updates aren't as important to me as they once were, and that battery is just too small. I'll have to weigh battery, carrier branding/bloat, and stock, cause unfortunately stock and battery life on an unlocked, non carrier branded phone just doesn't exist.

what sucks is I'm so not picky. I can compromise on so much. I can care less about aesthetics, and I'm flexible on camera, display, size, processor, RAM, fingerprint sensor, NFC, SD slots, wireless charging, removable batteries, USB-C, rear buttons, and everything else.

two things, stock and a big battery, that's really all I care about. I prefer front facing speakers and quick charge, but even that's negotiable. very frustrating to say the least.

anyway, you always have good things to say and offer a fair perspective, what are your thoughts on the bounce?

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

If this is the Turbo 2 it doesn't seem like that big of a step up... slightly bigger screen (5.4 vs. 5.2, but both QHD), slightly smaller battery (3760 vs. 3900), slightly (?) faster processor (810 vs 805), same RAM, same rear camera MP (maybe a different camera tho), same wireless charging. Not enough of an improvement that I can see to tempt me out of my OG Turbo...UNLESS it's offered with Motomaker.

Posted via Moto Turbo

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

If this is the Turbo 2 it doesn't seem like that big of a step up... slightly bigger screen (5.4 vs. 5.2, but both QHD), slightly smaller battery (3760 vs. 3900), slightly (?) faster processor (810 vs 805), same RAM, same rear camera MP (maybe a different camera tho), same wireless charging. Not enough of an improvement that I can see to tempt me out of my OG Turbo...UNLESS it's offered with Motomaker.

Posted via Moto Turbo

it seems there catering to people coming up on 2 years ... the annual improvements have plateaued somewhat and similar to iPhone, android seems to be doing similar upgrades. there's only so much that can be done in a year, but I agree, if I had a turbo this wouldn't be worthy of an upgrade.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Moto force

of course right when we finally get a release date for the Style/Pure, Moto leaks the "Force" phone, with a huge 3760 battery and shatterproof 5.5' display ... i suspect it'll be rebranded as the Turbo in the US (lucky us) but obviously don't know for sure. the only other downside would be the rumored 810 processor. kinda tough to commit to that chip so late in the year, with the 820 right around the corner.

what do you guys think? is it enough for you to hold out on ordering the Pure/Style? or is December to far out, and you've waited long enough?

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition: US Preorder 9/2 (3PM ET, 2PM CT, 12PM PT)

Style all the way. Looks lush and ticks all the boxes for me.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I was planning on Moto X Style or Nexus 5/6 (2015) but X-Force seems intriguing. However if the Style or Nexus phones don't meet my batter life needs then I will wait. Though a 5.5 inch screen with 3600 plus battery seem to me may be phone little to thick for me.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: New Surprise from Motorola

Looks great but keep in mind that it's undoubtedly going to be slightly more expensive than the Style.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Re: New Surprise from Motorola

I was glad to see this yesterday. Kind of combined where the Style fell short on battery and the Play fell short on processing power

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11