1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default VZW Dual-Core w/Physical Keyboard

Looked around the forum but I didn't really find anything that satisfied my question. I am going to be upgrading at the end of march and was wondering if there was going to be anything coming out with a physical keyboard a dual-core. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There was a lot of talk about the HTC Merge a while back coming to Verizon, which had a slideout keyboard (although no word on it having Dual Core), but all Merge talk has basically stalled. As of now, I don't see anything coming that will have both a physical keyboard and dual core...I'm sure we'll see it eventually.

New York Giants | New Jersey Devils | Colorado Avalanche | New York Knicks

Sounds like the Merge is going to AllTell.
    Banned

I Really dont think they will be making those for a while, possibly the droid 3 when that comes out, but other than that most phones are all touch.
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

there is nothing coming with dual core and a physical keyboard coming anytime soon.. expect at least Q3...
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x

Global Posts
    707 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Quote Originally Posted by makav3ll1 View Post
    ...possibly the droid 3 when that comes out...
    ^This. There really aren't that many full keyboard Androids on VZW (Droid/2, LG Ally, Motorola Devour, did I miss anything?), let alone show stoppers. Droid 3 will probably have dual core and LTE, that is if VZW offers any faith to the phone that got them started with Android.

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

I plan on upgrading end of March as well. I'm interested in seeing what will be in store for me by then ! Or if I should be waiting longer for something better !

I have to say I have the LG Ally and love the physical keyboard to death, but yesterday at a Superbowl party someone had the Samsung Fascinate & since it was family and close friends of friends, people were trusting enough that phones were being passed around for others to check out and out of all the phones in the room (25 people and everyone had a phone - the only duplicates were the 4 fanboys that had the iPhone 4) the Fascinate has the most responsive, easy-to-use Virtual QWERTY using Swype. I was very impressed!

And yes 19 phones were Android OS :P, one was WebOS (Palm Pre Plus) and 4 iPhones.

I am looking forward to seeing the LG Revolution and am curious about the iPhone 5 coming out this summer.
    Last edited by intrimazz; 02-07-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo

The HTC Merge looked like a cool phone wonder if verizon will ever get it
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I was looking and saw the rumors of the Droid 3 possibly being announced at MWC I would wait for it if the specs are good. If not I would just like a phone with a physical keyboard and the ability to run custom roms.

Quote Originally Posted by Comineeyeaha View Post
    ^This. There really aren't that many full keyboard Androids on VZW (Droid/2, LG Ally, Motorola Devour, did I miss anything?), let alone show stoppers. Droid 3 will probably have dual core and LTE, that is if VZW offers any faith to the phone that got them started with Android.
    I haven't looked that closely, but isn't the Droid Pro a full keyboard? Just in a portrait format?

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj View Post
    I haven't looked that closely, but isn't the Droid Pro a full keyboard? Just in a portrait format?
    Yep, it's just like a BlackBerry in terms of how it's styled (I think slightly taller than most, though).

Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I'm in the same boat here. I currently have the original Droid running 2.2 and most of the time, the phone runs well enough except when I need it most. Sometimes, it just seems sluggish to get up and go. As such, I'm looking for a new phone with a physical keyboard. It doesn't have to be dual-core. Someone had mentioned the HTC Merge and I saw Phil's hands-on review which got me excited about that phone but it has been quiet.
    Verizon has been very good to me and their service has been very reliable where I live, so I would like to stay with them. Although, If they aren't getting any decent qwerty-slide-out phones than I might jump to T-mobile for the HTC G2.

Quote Originally Posted by Swavek View Post
    I'm in the same boat here. I currently have the original Droid running 2.2 and most of the time, the phone runs well enough except when I need it most. Sometimes, it just seems sluggish to get up and go. As such, I'm looking for a new phone with a physical keyboard. It doesn't have to be dual-core. Someone had mentioned the HTC Merge and I saw Phil's hands-on review which got me excited about that phone but it has been quiet.
    Verizon has been very good to me and their service has been very reliable where I live, so I would like to stay with them. Although, If they aren't getting any decent qwerty-slide-out phones than I might jump to T-mobile for the HTC G2.
    First off if you're not afraid of running a custom rom I would load Peter Alfonsos stock Gingerbread rom.
    Gingerbread runs much better on the droid than Froyo as far as I'm concerned. You may have to tweak it a bit though as I have done. Second the Droid 3 should be coming out in Q2 or Q3 and it's supposed to have a dual core chipset. There's also been rumors of an HTC slider but I haven't heard anything about it for awhile, hope it comes out soon though! Anyway hope that helps.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gambit07 View Post
    First off if you're not afraid of running a custom rom I would load Peter Alfonsos stock Gingerbread rom.
    There's also been rumors of an HTC slider but I haven't heard anything about it for awhile, hope it comes out soon though! Anyway hope that helps.
    Isn't this the merge?

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Yeah that's the mysterious Merge.

ROM
    Stocked out! Whoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Yeah that's the mysterious Merge.
    Mysterious? I'd say more like flaky.

Every time you think it's going to get announced, something else comes up. It even has all the regular leaks coming out, just a reminder that it is still interested in hanging out. Reminds me of one of my roommates.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

I would say wait for the DROID 3 if the dx 2 gets tegra2 I don't see why the d3 wouldn't
    Rooted for life