Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid X 2?

Hey look my Droid X 2 just got benchmarked...

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    Carrier
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

I cannot make anything out in those pictures. Also... they appear mirrored.

Hopefully we will c this phone sooner than later!

Global Posts
    4,623 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Worst blurry cam ever....

the x1 was great this one should be awesome

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

lies

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Don't know whether the original poster pics are true, but here are some actual pics:

Apparently the X2 will have multiple docks too and judging how close the mini Hdmi out and mini Usb ports are.......they fit perfectly with the Atrix docks....particularly the Laptop Dock.

Sadly the X2 will not be LTE.
    Journeyman

Carrier
    A

Ugh no FFC!? I would consider this over the TB if it did.

Global Posts
    4,145 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Hmm, if this is a DX2, in terms of design, this has almost zero changes (if any) from the original DX.

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Hmm, if this is a DX2, in terms of design, this has almost zero changes (if any) from the original DX.
    The rumor is that the only thing they have changed is the redesign of the physical camera button, or its removal. No pics of that yet.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,825 Global Posts
    Carrier
    mean

From what I've heard their all internal think bionic without lte

there were pictures someone posted on twitter, basically looks identical to DX but no camera button

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brown View Post
    Don't know whether the original poster pics are true, but here are some actual pics:

Apparently the X2 will have multiple docks too and judging how close the mini Hdmi out and mini Usb ports are.......they fit perfectly with the Atrix docks....particularly the Laptop Dock.

Sadly the X2 will not be LTE.
    Kinda want it for the specs, but the design needs to be refreshed. They could have at least changed the color scheme. Seems so lazy of them. Guess thats why it's coming months early.

Global Posts
    4,145 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

It looks like Motorola is just going for the "refresh" path for the Droid X rather than a Droid X 2...much like RIM does with it's Bold/Curve line of phones. Not so sure how much I like that, but then again a lot of people loved the X, so I guess the philosophy is why mess with something that worked?

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Well they could have at least gotten rid of the hump, which I don't mind, but I know many hate it. Also, get rid of the bottom bezel where the Verizon branding is at to make the phone a little smaller.

wish they would have takin away camera bump, and excess bezel around the phone, make it little smaller in size. or if they kept same size they should have atleast added bigger screen !!

I have the original X and see no use to upgrade to this. Its a very similar update path to what we saw from the Droid to the Droid 2. I think I will wait and see what the X3 looks like.

I wonder if the battery life will be better with the new processor?

Global Posts
    4,145 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Dual-Core in theory is better on battery life/power consumption, unfortunately, Android doesn't take it's full potential until Honeycomb.

I still do not regret getting my DX beginning of Jan. I love my phone and the DX2 does not impress me. Just like when I had the S1, I had no reason to go to the S2 except it was buy one get one free BB and my girl wanted a BB we split the difference, plus I had $100 credit for VZW and discount. Ended up paying $80 for two blackberries and accessories.

So is there or isn't there a DX2 coming out? Or is just the bionic coming out? I am getting a little frustrated as I want 2 get one of the three.....I thought we would have seen or heard a little more about the DX2 at the MWC???

The Droid X 2 is not for Droid X owners. Its for those who haven't upgraded in the last year. Unless you go to the Bionic or Thunderbolt, you will be disappointed if you are a Droid X owner.

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    The Droid X 2 is not for Droid X owners. Its for those who haven't upgraded in the last year. Unless you go to the Bionic or Thunderbolt, you will be disappointed if you are a Droid X owner.
    It sure would be nice if they would give us a better idea of when!! And also if it will cost more to have a 4g phone! I live in an area that won't have 4g for a couple years but I like the specs on the Bionic. I mean if it will cost more for 4g and the X2 won't come till this summer than I think I would get the X right now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    I would see this as a good thing, no having to buy new cases, docks etc etc.