Any dual core VANILLA android phones announced?

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Currently own an X, and I'm just tired of software over android. I would love a dual core vanilla phone, but I haven't heard anything yet. Anyone know something I don't?

dave9851

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, manufacturer software over android just ruins the phone IMO. I understand android is "open", but as least close that BS lol. I've never seen any phone benefit from manufacturer software over it. Give me vanilla!!

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The 4" range is perfect for me. I don't think I could go back to a screen that was less than 4, but I'd settle for 4.3" as long as it wasn't too bulky.

foxpacific

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Would be a good place for Nokia to step in...

With all the talk about Nokia slowly dying and possibly partnering with Windows, I got to thinking.... what if they made some solid hardware that just ran vanilla Android. No extra development cost, first to update... it would be a smart move for them.

pixelslave

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
With all the talk about Nokia slowly dying and possibly partnering with Windows, I got to thinking.... what if they made some solid hardware that just ran vanilla Android. No extra development cost, first to update... it would be a smart move for them.
First of all, are there enough people thinking like you an me. You know, I've been thinking about this for a while. If there are enough of us, wouldn't it be possible to create an open source project to build an ultimate Android phone (both hardware and software)? On the software side, we know for sure that it wouldn't be a problem (we have way too many great ROM programmers out there.) On the hardware side, I am pretty sure there are some Android fans who are also great engineers. If our community can pull this off and collect enough users, we can then commission an OEM to build the phone for us.

IceDree

= I C E D R E E = ?
Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

Nokia's hardware only good\Solid on papers , but in real life\daily usage Nokia phones is toooo sensitive & can't take the minim amount of abuse (a regular fall might severely damage your phone [I know my 6260 & my friend's N97 , N900 & 5800 did])

Plus their build quality is bad (or at least not like it used to be) (the only thing that holds the battery in my E75 is the cover , its was like this since the day i got it & I've returned one for a malfunctioned Camera)

Im sorry , but im done with Nokia . I won't get one even if Android 2.4+ was exclusive to them only

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'll be right beside you. I guess the hang has always been with CDMA. Just put two stinkin' radios in it. <Gob voice>C'mon!</>
It's not CDMA that's a problem. It's the carrier that keeps tight control of devices on their network. ATT wouldn't have a Nexus One either except for the fact that I can stick my ATT sim in any unlocked phone with the right bands.

foxpacific

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
First of all, are there enough people thinking like you an me. You know, I've been thinking about this for a while. If there are enough of us, wouldn't it be possible to create an open source project to build an ultimate Android phone (both hardware and software)? On the software side, we know for sure that it wouldn't be a problem (we have way too many great ROM programmers out there.) On the hardware side, I am pretty sure there are some Android fans who are also great engineers. If our community can pull this off and collect enough users, we can then commission an OEM to build the phone for us.

I smell a kickstarter project in the works...

foxpacific

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Nokia's hardware only good\Solid on papers , but in real life\daily usage Nokia phones is toooo sensitive & can't take the minim amount of abuse (a regular fall might severely damage your phone [I know my 6260 & my friend's N97 , N900 & 5800 did])

Plus their build quality is bad (or at least not like it used to be) (the only thing that holds the battery in my E75 is the cover , its was like this since the day i got it & I've returned one for a malfunctioned Camera)

Im sorry , but im done with Nokia . I won't get one even if Android 2.4+ was exclusive to them only

I can understand, once bitten and all, however, with a new head guy in place who seems to want to shake things up and turn it around I'd hope they pay real good attention to many details ensuring they don't get another miss... It may be their last.

TaurenSnake

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Considering that Google has been on a annual cycle with nexus devices I certainly hope it will be an LTE device on the 700 mhz band and then maybe compatible with both At&t and Verizon for LTE. Hopefully also using Tegra 3. Now that wouldn't be a true successor. If done by Motorola then maybe some decently priced laptop docks with chrome OS as well.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
If true, I hope this isn't Moto's answer to their locked bootloader policy. Have one developer phone and all the rest be locked down. I certainly wouldn't complain though if its released for verizon AND is Lte. I'd be the first to order!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles