Don't Kill Wireless Charging!

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Allegedly, the Nexus 5X and 6P won't have wireless charging. Everything is going wireless; Internet, television, networks, why not phone charging? Some may not use it, but those of us who do, regard it highly.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
There are a number of phones that support wireless charging. My note 5 even supports quick wireless charging.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I email Samsung & complained that they took the removable battery from us.
Them they took the SD card from us. 2 of their trademarks. Now in the note 5 I hear they took the IR from us.
Who in heck do they have making their decisions.
Please run them off. They have no clue what they are doing.
A lot of us want IR.

Samsung reviled answer thanked me for taking the time to email them.
If it did any good, who knows.

mimran

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I got a Nexus 5 two years ago and expected to see it's wireless charging capability in other phones going forward. But only a few have seen this and the S6 seems to be the first top tier "flagship" to have it built in. The famous example is the 1+2 simply getting rid of it. Is wireless charging a dying fad or a future norm for phones? I personally love the ease it provides for me to simply set my phone down on various pads throughout the house and have it charge.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I got a Nexus 5 two years ago and expected to see it's wireless charging capability in other phones going forward. But only a few have seen this and the S6 seems to be the first top tier "flagship" to have it built in. The famous example is the 1+2 simply getting rid of it. Is wireless charging a dying fad or a future norm for phones? I personally love the ease it provides for me to simply set my phone down on various pads throughout the house and have it charge.
I use the wireless charging everyday.
I like it.

Lnin0

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Wireless charging is so amazing. I would guess, since manufacturers rarely if ever include a charging pad, that a lot of people haven't tried it. Unfortunately, that probably means a lot of people don't know what they were missing. If they did, then the chance of a manufacturing releasing a phone without wireless charging will be as welcome as a PC manufacturer releasing a laptop without WiFi.

The absence of wireless charging is the main thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the N5x.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Because I was one of the 1st people to buy a samsung galaxy S6 they gave me a wireless charger.
Put my phone on it everytime I lay it down

Prophet1111

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Oh yeah - wireless charging is the best!
I'm surprised that so few producers include this in their products - it's a great marketing feature and it's extremely useful!

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Had a phone that could wireless charge, bought the and and barely used it. I like to put my phone on the charger and still use it. Tried it out a few more times to give it a chance but never found the right moment to use it. Maybe if I worked in a office setting, it could of turned out different.

Nexus 6P

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charging is the best and will be my number one criterion for a new phone for as long as it's available. I hope it doesn't disappear. I even have a wireless cradle in my car. I never worry about being out of power.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't charge wirelessly through metal. I'm sure that's why the Nexus 6P doesn't have it.

Posted via the Android Central App

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Convenient, but SO slow! Had it on another phone, bought a G4 (without), then a Qi sticker for it. That was a couple months ago, and the sticker is still here in the envelope on my desk...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hauwei doesn't have it. It won't charge through metal.

Until they have 3A wireless chargers, I'll stick to my cable.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You can't charge wirelessly through metal. I'm sure that's why the Nexus 6P doesn't have it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hauwei doesn't have it. It won't charge through metal.

Until they have 3A wireless chargers, I'll stick to my cable.

Actually they can. The technology to do it is not out in the wild yet, but it is possible.

https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...mpany-enable-wireless-charging-mobile-devices

Honestly wireless charging is one of the features that I miss the most from my old N5. It was amazingly convenient to just set the phone down and it charges. The convenience factor that most people miss about wireless charging is that it's a one hand operation, where plugging in a cable pretty much always requires two. That doesn't sound like a huge deal but in practice it makes it much easier to constantly keep your phone topped off, compared to having to constantly plug and unplug it. Plus who cares if it takes longer to charge if you are dropping it on the charger at night or just constantly keeping it topped off during the day. When you do need to charge quickly you can still plug it in to get a high current fast charge. Wired and wireless charging aren't mutually exclusive technologies.

That's just my 2¢. But I would love to see wireless charging make a comeback.

k3u

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think wireless charging will go away, I think the Nexus line up didn't carry it to save cost. Wireless charging is only beginning to get popular!

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is the best thing they have come out with in a while. I wish they still had some of the other things they have moved away from such as the external storage. If they don't want to use external storage then give us a choice up to 256 gb for the same price as buying the same amount of external storage. 16gb - 32gb or even 64gb just not enough. I feel 64 gb plus external storage is where the starting point should be. 64 gb on board plus external up to 200 gb or more would be the perfect phone for me oh yes I want wireless charging as well. Not to fussy about the rest except the sound. the sound should be at least as good as the ipad pro 12.3 i own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital