where are the sprint super phones?

krod31

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
sprint is pissing me off any rumors running around of sprint getting something like the incredible s??

anything in the pipeline for sprint in q1 q2?

htc flyer what carriers is this gonna land on?

im so close to heading to verizon....

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I can see why people are getting a little worried.

Last year at this time atleast we knew about the EVO and all of its leaked specs.

This year we have nothing at all.

mycrownvic02#WN

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I wouldnt consider the incredible s a super phone.. Infact, its a step below the evo overall imo. Im thinking we have a good shot at getting one of lgs super phones.. At this point it seems htc has no desire putting dual cores in any phones. With that said, I will not carry an htc device if nothing is announced with good specs. The base line optimus phones are built well, so I have no problems making the switch of brands if htc doesnt step up. Anyways hopefully I hear something good from corporate soon about devices.

dances1000

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you guys. The problem is that as an EVO owner the phone is sooo good that other companies are still releasing phones that are not better! I have been barking up almost everyone of these companies for a little slip of info and I have NOTHING! I asked LG about superphones...NOTHING! As a stock holder I asked Nvidia if their chip would be in a Sprint carried phone....NOTHING! I personally feel they will get the upgraded Samsung tab and an Optimus Super. Unless LG has something exclusive with another carrier we will be ok. Seems that they would be smart enough to stay out of no-competition clauses! The echo is ******ed being released with single core. And it comes with a dual battery charger! sigh! I think they had to release this because the Zio lost so much money to the optimus s when Sprint tried to push ID. By any means it's gonna take a lot to get me to trade up the EVO 4g.

tyrelian

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
me too, im keeping my evo until their is a true upgrade phone, like it will have to have LTE, and atleast dual/quad processor

thedavon

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased an Epic because of the lack of any substantial new 'Super' phones, and I was gonna wait til the summer, but my Blackberry Curve could not hold up... RIM is making awful phones as of late, but that's beside the point. So, I figure by this time next year, Sprint will have something worth screaming about, until then, I'll enjoy my Epic, haha

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It's better here than elsewhere, but has anyone noticed that it seems like we have almost forgotten what a phone is? I mean, geez, dual-core processing and phones with a quad-core processor coming soon? From what I'm seeing, it looks like phone technology is advancing so fast, that it may actually pass computer technology soon! Yeah, we have super computers and stuff, but there are still Macbooks at our school that use dual-core processors running @ 2ghz. This is totally insane.

Oh, to be back on topic. To be honest and clearly in my opinion, I really think the EVO has been destroyed by quite a few phones lately. I have an EVO and I really want Sprint to announce something better soon because I feel that Sprint is falling behind in the race by a mile. That Kyocera phone was either a really smart decision or a really stupid one. Somehow, I don't think a company could be stupid enough to announce a phone like that and call it the best (which they didn't). What if this was a move to make an industry first and to throw other companies off track? What if Sprint is actually creating something so different and so powerful, that we can't even imagine what they are going to announce...or they just don't know how to please their "Super" customers ;)

vaelyan

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Well I was on the phone with Sprint today and the woman i was talking to said next month they are releasing a dual-core version of the kyocera Echo. However I do find it kind of strange she had no idea about what was coming tomorrow.

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Im pretty sure a lott of people have said this before but I will say it again. CTIA IS COMING END OF NEXT MONTH hold your horses. Sprint has something big to announce and yes it will be just like the atrix but with Sprint and not using motoblur=CRAP.HTC will make the EVO 2 and the LTE/WiMax deal I used to work for Clear which they sell WiMax Internet and they suck REALLLLY bad. I would actually be glad that Sprint switched to LTE and Im thinking that will be the plan. If you wait a little longer buy April Samsung will announce a new line of galaxy phones if you haven't seen the Galaxy S 2 well that gives you a little of a taste up Samsung sleeve so look out Epic we might be looking at a better Epic. Sprint is not stupid they know what they are doing they have been around A LOT longer then t mobile,us cellular,verizon. I also use to work for Sprint and I own a Evo I love it to death.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I do believe Sprint will announce a bunch of new Android phones at CTIA. They will have a big presence there this year.

Hopefully we will start getting some leaks and info as we get closer to CTIA.

1BadHEMI

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint first needs to figure out what 4G platform they will continue to use. If they are going to ditch WiMax, why release another 4G phone based on the older towers with no way for the new phones to work with the new LTE towers? Make sense....

We know another super phone will be coming, but let them get the network in check first.

Look at all the new Atrix users on AT&T's joke of a HSPA+ 4G network. When they launch LTE later this year, those phones are stuck on the crappy old HSPA+ towers with no way of upgrading to LTE without a new phone purchase...

As of now, I know some of the newer games are starting to tax the EVO, but it still holds it own, and its taking the other manufacturer's all this time just to catch them.

Just my thought....

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Even if Sprint switches to LTE I don't think it will be by this year. They will probably start rolling it out beginning of next. And from what is being said by sprint execs they will use both wimax and Lte at the same time for a while.

So I think we will see some more 4g phones this year. On a business point it would not be good for sprint to wait another 6-12 months before releasing another powerful smartphone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21