Any new Samsung Note Tablets possible in the future?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I was at BB today and talking with a Samsung Guy there. After returning a Surface Pro 3 and then a SP4 with a stronger processor, it was a Real disappointment to find out they (BB and Samsung as far as Tablets) discontinued the Note line there and that as far as he has heard, Samsung hasn't mentioned any new Note tablets to come out. He showed me the Tab A and I already knew about that and pathetic specs on it. What bothers me more Is I even tried the IPad pro, which although it's nice with the pencil, I think way overpriced as most apple stuff. I was impressed with it's ability, but can't justify that purchase.

I draw and sketch, so really trying to find something like the Original Note 10.1, which I have and is running great, but will not last forever. So looking for a replacement when it does finally die. I hated the Note 10.1 (2014) and even though I can get a Note Pro 12.2 for a pretty decent price, it's old hardware and the Samsung Guy couldn't even tell me if it would get Marshmallow. I learned that lesson from the first Note 10.1 tablet I have. Have it rooted and Gnabo Rom so got past the update thing. Samsung is really the only alternative I see right now and I've read some problems with the Note Pro. Would much rather wait on this years lineup from Samsung and hopefully they don't make more decisions I don't like. They seem to abandon devices easily which makes it hard to stick with them, but lack of a good alternative leaves me stuck with them.

Should I get the Note Pro 12.2 or wait on the fall and see if any new Note tablets? Interested to know how many others out there are waiting on the same. Thanks.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm also an artist looking for a digital sketching option. What reasons did you have for returning the surface products? I was looking into them and they looked great since they can run actual photoshop and stuff but they do seem a bit pricey.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Mostly didn't like them because of the heating up issue. I first downloaded the trial version of Artrage, which I have the full version of on my Mac from when I purchased an intuos pen and touch tablet. It's a great program, but just the trial version on both the SP3 and SP4 with a better processor had force closes and losing drawings. Very frustrating. A guy on the surface forums told me to trip Clip Studio, which I watched a guy use on Youtube, amazing program. I had no problems with the trial of that, but too complicated for me to learn. I used Sketchbook on both and was alright on there, but not what I wanted.

So on the recommendation of the same guy, he told me to try the full desktop version of Artrage. I remembered having it on my mac and checked to see if I could download to another platform and was able to. I was happy then, but even though It worked without force closing on the tablet, it would heat up on the SP4 with i5 processor. To the point too hot to hold for me. The fan was louder also on that model also. The heating up was within minutes of starting to draw.

I then tried to use the program Bluestacks on recommendation of the Microsoft Store Manager, because Windows doesn't even offer Draw Something game on their limited app store, but I could play any android apps through Bluestacks. It did work on the SP4, but once again the heating up was bad within minutes of starting that program. Also even though I played the game, the onscreen keyboard wouldn't work when using and the sound was delayed about 5-10 seconds after I clicked on something, which was irritating. So really for what I was expecting it didn't do the job. There really aren't any art apps that I could find, but once again you can use full desktop version. I really wanted to like it and it was good at being a pc and certain things, but I think I wanted it to be a tablet, the extra hardware to make it a PC didn't matter to me. l didn't like the problems associated with it for being the PC part. The heating up, lag, and to be honest, couldn't justify spending on the i7 for maybe getting past these points. It is a great tablet, the pen on the SP4 is much nicer than on the 3, but really didn't meet my needs. I wasn't looking for a laptop, the combo seemed nice to have, but didn't meet my expectations for what I can do on an older Samsung Tablet. It's that simple. I've been looking at some reviews of different tablets, SP3 being one of them and even the Wacom Cintique companions are said to get hot. I need something portable that I can draw on and not have the disconnect from the screen and desktop when drawing and even though SP3 and 4 can do that, I don't want it to be too hot to hold if I'm on long drawing sessions. I'm no professional, I'm a guy who draws as a hobby and it's my way of relaxing. The Samsung Note 10.1 original met those expectations and plenty of nice "Apps" out there for drawing or painting. I can use Sketchbook Pro, Artflow, and numerous other apps in the store, so more choice for me.

As said, I like the Ipad Pro and was up late last night watching different youtube videos on Artists using it. It's not a 100% there yet product and like I said, too overpriced in my opinion. A lot of pluses though if you ask me. Lots of Apps in the app store,but procreate being the best one everyone recommends. The problem is it's limited by being a tablet, if you need more. Pluses being that you can shade using the side of the stylus, just like a pencil and also palm rejection, which is not perfect. I use a drawing glove. Nice bigger size to draw on. From the reviews I read, it doesn't get hot like the Wacom and SP's. I thought the 12" of the note pro would be awkward when it first came out, but it was not bad with the SP3&4. There are some cons from what I watched like Apple not including an eraser on the Pencil, plugging it in the port on the bottom of the IPad Pro and possibly breaking the charging tip off, no way to attach to a smart cover or magnet to hold up to the IPad Pro itself. It's also $100, which to me is ludicrous, since that should be included when it's something they're pushing as the plus on the unit. So even though that seems like my choice right now. I'm waiting awhile. Even People who pre-ordered the IPad Pro don't have the Pencils yet, they are all backordered and out of stock, unless on amazon you pay like $70 more. Plus out of stock on the units theirselves. So not a good launch for Apple.

Even if it does well, I'm waiting for a few more months to see if anymore bugs come out and hopefully maybe in the not too distant future, there could be a sale on them. Come on Samsung, come out with another option. It's sad really, because they brought the stylus back into use and would love to see the big Note Tablets do well, because drawing on my Note 4 was a joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38