Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26  

    Default

    4.3 is perfect screen size. People who complain about the size probably don't have a 4.3'', it's really not that big.

    I hope this pans out, i've been feeling left out cause every other carrier is getting new android phones....

    Can someone explain the sprint upgrade change? I hear they have changed it from 12 months to 22? Does that effect those who are premier customers, I've been w/ them for 8 or 9 years.

    *update: just checked online, I got a PalmPre in November 09, it says i can upgrade my phone now with the (150 discount) so i guess it's not affecting me?
    Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4g > HTC Evo 3d> Galaxy S2> Sprint Galaxy S3> Tmobile Galaxy S3> Tmoble HTC One & Asus Transformer Pad Infiniti
  2. #27  

    Default

    4.3 is perfect, can't go any smaller.

    Evo-lution
    love my evo.
  3. #28  
    PSYCHOTRON_CB's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    4"-4.3" seems to be the sweetspot imo.
  4. #29  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 05 TypeS DC5 View Post
    Can someone explain the sprint upgrade change? I hear they have changed it from 12 months to 22? Does that effect those who are premier customers, I've been w/ them for 8 or 9 years.

    *update: just checked online, I got a PalmPre in November 09, it says i can upgrade my phone now with the (150 discount) so i guess it's not affecting me?
    It's not affecting you yet. I think the change goes into effect soon though, so you might want to call Sprint and ask them about it. I did, and luckily I've been with them for 11 years and will retain all of my S|P benefits as a "gold" member. But under 10 years, you drop to "silver" with a longer upgrade window (unless you meet some other requirements).
  5. #30  
    reagan247's Avatar

    Posts
    248 Posts
    Global Posts
    405 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I'd like to see the Evo3D be at least 4.3"-4.5" honestly, but I'm also a big guy - so it'd fit me more. Plus, the 3D doesn't even hold any sway with me. I don't see the point as it's not gonna make my texts/emails/phone calls work any better. That said, I sure would show it off to my iPhone toting friends.

    I would like to see a huge jump in specs from my Evo though, Snapdragon 2 plus a ton of internal memory and at very least x2-x3 the RAM we have now. If this is going to be Sprint's next flagship phone, they need to come out with the guns a blazin'!
    Just a tweeting away... or doing art. Also, using my Dropbox to add files to my HTC Evo and Motorola Xoom!
  6. #31  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    801 Posts
    Global Posts
    847 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    If this "Evo" is in fact HTC, and the specs are even comparable to the "TunderDOLT", I'll be more than happy to take my five lines to Sprint for a piece of that action! Apple really knows how to do two things well. Sell phones and corrupt companies that sell their phones...
    "In valor, there is hope."
  7. #32  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pitmasterme View Post
    ....my ideal phone would have a 4.3" screen
    Quote Originally Posted by 05 TypeS DC5 View Post
    4.3 is perfect screen size. People who complain about the size probably don't have a 4.3'', it's really not that big.
    ?
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    4.3 is perfect, can't go any smaller.
    Evo-lution
    Quote Originally Posted by PSYCHOTRON View Post
    4"-4.3" seems to be the sweetspot imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by reagan247 View Post
    I'd like to see the Evo3D be at least 4.3"-4.5" honestly, but I'm also a big guy - so it'd fit me more.
    4.3" is too big. had an evo fo 29 days and sent it back. 4" is much better

    of course for the right phone i would get used to it (as long as they up the resolution)
  8. #33  
    intheb0x's Avatar

    Posts
    783 Posts
    Global Posts
    951 Global Posts
    ROM
    Only Jelly Bean or ICS!

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    4.3" is too big. had an evo fo 29 days and sent it back. 4" is much better

    of course for the right phone i would get used to it (as long as they up the resolution)
    I'd love to see the Dell streak size screen to be honest with you.

    It DOES make a difference.
    Google evo and streak side by side to see what i mean.



    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    If you think i helped you, please click the Thanks button on the right
  9. #34  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    evo=htc
    Not necessarily. Evo=Sprint. That's the only assurance we have at this point.
  10. #35  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbzilla View Post
    Not necessarily. Evo=Sprint. That's the only assurance we have at this point.
    Exactly. I thought "Droid" meant Motorola until the Incredible came out.


    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  11. #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkorver View Post
    If this "Evo" is in fact HTC, and the specs are even comparable to the "TunderDOLT", I'll be more than happy to take my five lines to Sprint for a piece of that action! Apple really knows how to do two things well. Sell phones and corrupt companies that sell their phones...
    That's why I'm glad all that icrap is not on Sprint. Keep all that poison away from my network.
  12. #37  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    4.3" is too big. had an evo fo 29 days and sent it back. 4" is much better

    of course for the right phone i would get used to it (as long as they up the resolution)
    Umm 4.3 is perfect. I can't even think about getting a phone with a smaller screen. And the EVO is just the right phone for me.
  13. #38  

    Default

    is anyone worried that if the Evo 3D is HTC that it will NOT be dual core. I mean all the rumours I heard is that HTC is waiting for qualcom to release dual core products. Shlt even the HTC Flayer that has been anounced just recently and a tablet is NOT dual core.
  14. #39  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    is anyone worried that if the Evo 3D is HTC that it will NOT be dual core. I mean all the rumours I heard is that HTC is waiting for qualcom to release dual core products. Shlt even the HTC Flayer that has been anounced just recently and a tablet is NOT dual core.

    I am a little.

    But can you even do 3D with single core? That is the question.
  15. #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spridell View Post
    I am a little.

    But can you even do 3D with single core? That is the question.
    ya why not, why are people bashing single core snap draggon, Its a fast mofo.
  16. #41  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    The only 3d capable Snapdragon is the new dual core version, which is why I think that 3d is a great sign of this new Evo having a dual core cpu.
  17. #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbzilla View Post
    Not necessarily. Evo=Sprint. That's the only assurance we have at this point.
    are you sure about that?

    i don't think this is true. all evo phones have htc in the official trademark.

    htc evo 4g
    htc evo shift 4g
    htc evo view 4g

    if it was owned by sprint it would be the sprint evo 4g by htc imho.

    you could be right but i don't think it has been confirmed either way.

    http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/08/h...-wimax-capabl/
    Last edited by lafester; 03-10-2011 at 07:38 PM.
  18. #43  
    PSYCHOTRON_CB's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Good point Lafester. 10 more days now? bah im beginning to become impatient lol.
  19. #44  

    Default

    Saying all this and that... I'm kinda disappointed about the decision Sprint made on pushing back upgrades for "primary lines" from 12mths - 22mths beginning in April.

    I hope the phones come out later on down, so by the time I get it it won't be a year old.
  20. #45  
    PSYCHOTRON_CB's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    Yea they did mess that up huh.
  21. #46  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    The only 3d capable Snapdragon is the new dual core version, which is why I think that 3d is a great sign of this new Evo having a dual core cpu.
    I don't know where you got your info, but either way, you're wrong.
  22. #47  
    PSYCHOTRON_CB's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default

    There is a single core CPU able to handle 3D dkotoric?
  23. #48  
    EMT J's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rushrl View Post
    Saying all this and that... I'm kinda disappointed about the decision Sprint made on pushing back upgrades for "primary lines" from 12mths - 22mths beginning in April.

    I hope the phones come out later on down, so by the time I get it it won't be a year old.
    It also depends on how long you've been a customer and how much your base plan is. If you've been with Sprint 10yrs+, have a single plan of $89.99 or more, or a family plan of $149.99 or more you're unaffected by the change. You'll still be a premier gold customer and eligible for a yearly upgrade with $150 off.
    Sent from my EVO 3D
  24. #49  
    MannyZ28's Avatar

    Posts
    2,560 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,491 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
    I don't know where you got your info, but either way, you're wrong.
    That's nice, how about you enlighten all of us what other snapdragon can do 3d? Got a link?
  25. #50  
    TenshiNo's Avatar

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (Rooted) Jelly Bean

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreytz View Post
    I'm in the 4.3 camp myself. Really I want it to be exactly like my Evo 4G, but with dual core, more ram, and a dedicated camera button. I'm running Sense 2.0 on my Evo now (thanks to Myn's Warm Z rom) and its awesome, just need some dual-core goodness
    It *looks* like you're getting your wish! I can definitely see a "2D/3D" camera switch on the side with what looks like a dedicated camera button. And we definitely know the thing is sporting a 1.2Ghz dual-core snapdragon CPU and 1Gig of RAM.

    Looks like the EVO might be the "geek-dream" phone *again* this year. Sprint FTW! Granted, we'll have to see some real-world testing/benchmarks before we can determine if the CPU is really faster than the Tegra 2, but it looks very promising.

    I'm super pumped about the announcement this afternoon at CITA. Bring on the EVO 3D!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B