Moto Droid X2, Droid 3, codename Targa

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
heartbroken.

The D3 is exactly the form-factor I wanted, and aesthetically appealing to me. And those stock rumours are kinda nice.

But no LTE. I can barely bleepin believe it. :'(

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The D3 is exactly the form-factor I wanted, and aesthetically appealing to me. And those stock rumours are kinda nice.

But no LTE. I can barely bleepin believe it. :'(
As far as them not having LTE goes... nothing is in stone.
I'll believe it when I see it.

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Verizon probably doesn't want 7 lte phones before the network is fully upup
and how do the bionic x2 and targa

And this is early rumor should be 2.3 by release

Mkiller82

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll take the Tagra (or any new moto phone) only if the boot loader is dev friendly. Been using a DI bought used more and more instead of my DX just because of all the fun roms I can flash.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
the D3 is exactly what im in love with! 4" screen is perfect, love the form factor and it might have stock? if it has stock, im getting it as soon as released! and camera specs on the D3?

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
What i meant to say earlier is how will the droid X2 the targa and droid bionic work there would have to be something to differentiate them

dw astor

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Bionic seems to be aimed at the high end business market with some fun (media, qHD, LTE, Tegra2, dual core, games, possible webtop - though the 512mb RAM don't add up to webtop)

'daytona' (X2) for those that like to keep it light and thin and those that don't want to pay for 4G (no LTE). Price will possibly be lower than the other 3. Seems like a refresh of the X, just like how the D2/R2D2/D2G was a D1 refresh.

D3 for regular business types/enterprise and ppl that need a physical qwerty and not media focused (no LTE, 4"?), though I am sure the Pro will most likely get a refresh as well later in the year.

'targa', if real, will most likely be DROID branded as well, with a new moniker. That one will be aimed at new adopters that wants the monster phone of the moment. (LTE, 4.3"?, The same group that bought the X last year, and the D1 the year before. I'd say that would be the last one to come out, right before the DROID Pro refresh.)

And if it is coming out at the end of the year, I really wonder whether it'd have a similar quad core processor that the NGP (which would most likely launch in November as well) is slated to have. From TI of course. OMAP5?

Last edited: