Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Samsung Galaxy Prevail on Boost Mobile

i read in howard forums that boost mobile is supposed to launch a new android device in april called the Samsung Prevail. anyone have any info??

Default i heard that too

my buddy works for boost mobile and he was telling me that the phone (samsung galaxy prevail, he called it) is supposed to be out in april. he said it'll be better than every phone they have, and probably better than every virgin mobile phone too (both boost and virgin are owned by sprint and his store sells both), including the LG optimus v, which is super popular right now. he couldn't give many specifics about it though, so i was looking around on the internet to try to learn more. he said it might sell for $250, but i think that was a total guess.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by realpisces View Post
    my buddy works for boost mobile and he was telling me that the phone (samsung galaxy prevail, he called it) is supposed to be out in april. he said it'll be better than every phone they have, and probably better than every virgin mobile phone too (both boost and virgin are owned by sprint and his store sells both), including the LG optimus v, which is super popular right now. he couldn't give many specifics about it though, so i was looking around on the internet to try to learn more. he said it might sell for $250, but i think that was a total guess.
    wow thanks for tellin me that info. boost and samsung is very mum about the whole thing. i think its good pr to blow virgin mobile out of the water with a very good galaxy phone.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

this confirms my suspicions:

Boost Mobile & Samsung Conference April 5th:
    Boost Mobile and Samsung holding event next month, likely Android-related | PhoneDog

[i also tipped AC]

ROM
    stock

Yes- confirmed.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Froyo
    3.2MP camera
    SD card up to 32 GB

And that's all I can remember from the slide...
    Thanked by:
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Yes- confirmed.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Froyo
    3.2MP camera
    SD card up to 32 GB

Nice!

And, yes, we'll be there at the event in NYC. Had actual news to cover and never got around to doing a post saying so.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock =(

While it will blow Virgin Mobiles "current" phones "out of the water" VMUSA has it's own rumored EVO Like device coming. 5 MP Camera, 1.3 MP FFC, 1Ghz Processor, 4" Display. I'm guessing the vagueness in the specs is due to the fact that it could be a Samsung or an HTC phone but this rumor came from the VM Customer Pulse Survey.

Nick
    Thanked by:

I wonder if there will be a front facing camera?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by nicholasdaa View Post
    While it will blow Virgin Mobiles "current" phones "out of the water" VMUSA has it's own rumored EVO Like device coming. 5 MP Camera, 1.3 MP FFC, 1Ghz Processor, 4" Display. I'm guessing the vagueness in the specs is due to the fact that it could be a Samsung or an HTC phone but this rumor came from the VM Customer Pulse Survey.

Nick
    i heard this rumor as well...
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Exclamation pic

Quote Originally Posted by iBowToAndroid View Post
    Yes- confirmed.

Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Froyo
    3.2MP camera
    SD card up to 32 GB

i found this article too:
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail for Boost Mobile Revealed (Image) [Update]

this is what its supposed to look like
    Thanked by:

I hope that has a slide out keyboard.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Exclamation UPDATE: Boost Flyer Pics & Few Specs

i have been lazy and have known about this for a few days, but here are some pics from howard forums about the phone. these are the only specs to date; plus its CDMA. (no PPT here!)

(sorry if the pics are humungous!)

forum link:
    Any new phones for Boost?
    Thanked by:

Default no flash?

I am seeing reviews on the Samsung Galaxy for Boost and they seem to indicate there is no Flash player and the "hardware" won't allow one?

Can this really be true?

What good is a multimedia phone that won't be able to do Flash on the internet?

I have the Samsung Galaxy Prevail, and it is nice. It does how ever get a little sluggish and yes it does slow down some on games like angrybirds. It also has that maps always running issue. Response is nice and smooth. Flash is not supported but flash videos do work with the paid app called Skyfire. Youtube is built in and plays awesome in HD. Non HD does not look that good. 3G is great. It plays pandora, iheartradio, radio.com, GPS, youtube and other streaming programs nicely through 3G.

It's a great phone, but if VM does come out with an EVO like phone on the $60 unlimited plan I will be switching.