Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

OK I'm thinking the Droid 3 will be the vanilla android dual core LTE phone that BlackManX is talking about.

from January talks about the Dinc2, X2, and D3 coming out this year, one of which was rumored to be vanilla/stock android.

from February speaks of an insider leak about a 4 inch qHD Droid3 with a slide out keyboard.

BlackManX/Panda teased about a be-keyboarded stock dual core 4" qHD phone in his and its meta tags. We know some of those specs (probably megapixels and maybe processor speed) were exaggerated for April fools, but he mentions the keyboard in the tags, a dead giveaway for the D3, and mentions in a comment on his own post that he'd soon release some info about the D3 and other phones, and also says in the tags "not the real device... but close".

And in the he teased that a dual core stock android phone () was coming out "several weeks" after the Thunderbolt and that we should wait and not commit to two years on the Thunderbolt.

And now from a few days ago shows the X2 in Verizon's internal system as a 3G phone like the Dinc2.

So of the three updates to the original droid line mentioned in January, one of which was rumored to be stock android, we can rule out the Dinc2, a phone . And we can rule out the X2, because while it may be , it's a phone, and BlackmanX has said the mystery stock phone is 4G LTE. That leaves only the D3, which matches up with his poem meta tag that mentions a keyboard.

The possible problems with this theory are:

1. If the X2 is in the Verizon internal system already but the D3 is not, at least not in those leaked screenshots, yet BlackmanX said to wait "several weeks" from the launch of the Thunderbolt for the stock dual core wonder, how can the D3 be coming out any time soon? Maybe "several" means something different to him, or else whoever found those internal Verizon pages didn't find the D3 page.

2. In the of the new phones in the Verizon internal system, the X2 is the only one that doesn't have the VCast store in it. Could that be an indicator of no bloatware? And maybe therefore that it is the stock phone? But but but, the stock is supposed to be LTE.

3. If the D3 were coming out in the initial slew of 4G phones, why wouldn't Verizon have announced it with the others at CES? It ain't coming out anytime soon, and can't be the "wait several weeks phone".

4. I had another thing but now I'm too sleepy to remember.

I wonder if Blackman may be putting clues to multiple phones in the same poem, which we mistakenly think area bout the same phone. Like maybe the Charge was the wait several weeks phone, despite not being stock or dual core. Bah, I quit. I think I'm finally sold on the Thunderbolt, "hypebeast" or not. Don't want a slidey keyboard, don't want 3G. Don't want to wait months or quarters for some mystery or the Targa. Nothing but the Bionic is on the near term horizon that would possibly be better based on my preferences.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Astrodroid View Post
    OK I'm thinking the Droid 3 will be the vanilla android dual core LTE phone that BlackManX is talking about.

from January talks about the Dinc2, X2, and D3 coming out this year, one of which was rumored to be vanilla/stock android.

from February speaks of an insider leak about a 4 inch qHD Droid3 with a slide out keyboard.

BlackManX/Panda teased about a be-keyboarded stock dual core 4" qHD phone in his and its meta tags. We know some of those specs (probably megapixels and maybe processor speed) were exaggerated for April fools, but he mentions the keyboard in the tags, a dead giveaway for the D3, and mentions in a comment on his own post that he'd soon release some info about the D3 and other phones, and also says in the tags "not the real device... but close".

And in the he teased that a dual core stock android phone () was coming out "several weeks" after the Thunderbolt and that we should wait and not commit to two years on the Thunderbolt.

And now from a few days ago shows the X2 in Verizon's internal system as a 3G phone like the Dinc2.

So of the three updates to the original droid line mentioned in January, one of which was rumored to be stock android, we can rule out the Dinc2, a phone . And we can rule out the X2, because while it may be , it's a phone, and BlackmanX has said the mystery stock phone is 4G LTE. That leaves only the D3, which matches up with his poem meta tag that mentions a keyboard.

The possible problems with this theory are:

1. If the X2 is in the Verizon internal system already but the D3 is not, at least not in those leaked screenshots, yet BlackmanX said to wait "several weeks" from the launch of the Thunderbolt for the stock dual core wonder, how can the D3 be coming out any time soon? Maybe "several" means something different to him, or else whoever found those internal Verizon pages didn't find the D3 page.

2. In the of the new phones in the Verizon internal system, the X2 is the only one that doesn't have the VCast store in it. Could that be an indicator of no bloatware? And maybe therefore that it is the stock phone? But but but, the stock is supposed to be LTE.

3. If the D3 were coming out in the initial slew of 4G phones, why wouldn't Verizon have announced it with the others at CES? It ain't coming out anytime soon, and can't be the "wait several weeks phone".

4. I had another thing but now I'm too sleepy to remember.

I wonder if Blackman may be putting clues to multiple phones in the same poem, which we mistakenly think area bout the same phone. Like maybe the Charge was the wait several weeks phone, despite not being stock or dual core. Bah, I quit. I think I'm finally sold on the Thunderbolt, "hypebeast" or not. Don't want a slidey keyboard, don't want 3G. Don't want to wait months or quarters for some mystery or the Targa. Nothing but the Bionic is on the near term horizon that would possibly be better based on my preferences.
    Yes, I think he is. The other phone of reference, I believe, is the Bionic (see references to "Steve Austin" aka Bionic Man, "in a BLUR", etc.). References to stock are for the stock phone, not the Bionic.
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

I was actually speaking about a couple of units, one 3g and one running LTE. Both have been delayed and may end up skinned like the rest. I would actually advise anyone looking to get a device to go one year on a charge or thunderbolt. The Sony play is about stock but specs are rather lacking for a long two year commitment.

Apparently the thought is that stock isn't something Verizon customers want.. Course the same thoughts say they don't want one year contracts or Ne2... etc.

I am posting a quick blog to clarify..
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x
    Thanked by 7:

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    I was actually speaking about a couple of units, one 3g and one running LTE. Both have been delayed and may end up skinned like the rest. I would actually advise anyone looking to get a device to go one year on a charge or thunderbolt. The Sony play is about stock but specs are rather lacking for a long two year commitment.

Apparently the thought is that stock isn't something Verizon customers want.. Course the same thoughts say they don't want one year contracts or Ne2... etc.

Ugh!! Say it isn't so! I've been waiting on the Bionic and thoroughly appreciate your recommendations. I will have to greatly consider the Charge or Thunderbolt, or even the Inc. 2 on a 1-yr now. Of course, if you say to consider the Charge on a 1-yr, I assume that'll be out before the 17th.

I'll be on the look out for the new blog. Giving up Twitter for Lent is killing me, but I do admire and appreciate your sacrifice.

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

I would actually advise anyone looking to get a device to go one year on a charge or thunderbolt.

That is exactly what I did

Suck that verizon feels that way

Thanks BMX! I was hoping for the DINC2 on a 1 year, but since it doesn't look like that will be out before they get rid of 1 year contracts, I might just have to head to VZW on Thursday to compare the Thunderbolt to the Charge.

Eh, I'd probably pay full retail for a Droid 3 with LTE (and global) even if they did skin it..
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  
    god of thunder.

ROM
    Latest CyanogenMod

well that sucks. Guess I'm back to waiting for a Bionic then? Dont think we'll ever see a Verizon equivalent to the htc sensation / evo 3d

Ew... sounds bad for the Bionic. That is frustrating because I have been holding my update since November 1st and I was sure that the Bionic was going to be mine since I saw it at CES. It kinda sucks that all the other carriers are getting the high spec phones and there is absolutely no news about the only one that compares for Verizon.

How long do you expect the delay to be for the first dual-core phone? I am sort of in the industry and really want one pretty bad.

Thank you for all that you do... I think I speak for everyone when I say we miss you on twitter.
    Thanked by:
    joeln 

I echo everybody's thanks, Panda. Nobody owes us early insider info, so it's a luxury to get a scrap here and there. It really does help us make better and smarter purchasing decisions. This stuff ain't cheap, not when you add up the full 2 year cost of ownership.
    Thanked by 2:

Ditto Panda ... thanks.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Yes, I for one have to agree, thank you so much for the info, O Great Panda! I'm just hoping that the current rumors going around that the Bionic may be delayed aren't true.....I have to get a phone on a 2-Year anyway and want what will hold up the longest! Any info on it would be appreciated.....thanks again so much Panda!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

Global Posts
    371 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdearth53 View Post
    Yes, I for one have to agree, thank you so much for the info, O Great Panda! I'm just hoping that the current rumors going around that the Bionic may be delayed aren't true.....I have to get a phone on a 2-Year anyway and want what will hold up the longest! Any info on it would be appreciated.....thanks again so much Panda!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Not an issue.. as far as build quality.. I would say that the Bionic is great. hardware is quite solid and tech is future proof through 2012
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Not an issue.. as far as build quality.. I would say that the Bionic is great. hardware is quite solid and tech is future proof through 2012

Wow, thanks so much. I really do have to thank you for this, because you spend all this time helping others for no other reason than that you want to! It sure is shaping up to be a heck of a device!
    Thanked by:

Wait are you refering to your April fools poem, and not your "Bionic poem" from March 15th?

I hope its the April poem, cause i dont want the Bionic to get delayed.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    ROM
    Powerwash v1.3

Quote Originally Posted by kmulliger View Post
    The Motorola Targa will be the stock vanilla android or Google phone. It is said that it packs a quad core processor, LTE, a 12 megapixel rear camera, front facing camera and power VR graphics and have the "with Google " branding. It is supposed to be launched by Christmas.
    Sounds a like dang notebook...

Quote Originally Posted by muckdawg24 View Post
    Sounds a like dang notebook...
    Sounds like a dream phone - which makes it too good to be true. As we have recently heard, BMX has backed off his claim that VZW will have another stock Andy phone.

A stock Google experience device….

yep.. no Motoblur, no Sense Ui, no Touch wiz… just as naked as the day Google made it.

But here is why Verizon customers will NEVER see a device like this…
    At this point, I would consider switching to a different carrier for a stock Andy phone, except I have a family plan with my wife and her father and we get too sweet of a deal that would go away if I left. Argh.

Will be interesting to see who get's the next Android OS Flagship Phone.

ROM
    ICS

how trure do u think the rumors are with the droid 3 being stock once again?

According to blackmanX, the stock phone he had been teasing about will now very likely get skinned after all,whatever it was. So that takes the droid3 out of the equation by default since we had only heard rumors of one stock device to start with. We heard the targa would be stock, So it prob wasn't going to be the d3 anyway.

ROM
    ICS

So Xperia play is actually stock! I've been begging for another stock on Verizon but i don't want the slide out to be a game controller. Will Verizon release anorher stock Xperia with maybe a kb or a touch screen?

Default April fools?

ha ha ha ha ha.. Verizon with a non-neutered phone.... hahhaaaa hah ha

ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by shamefulzero View Post
    So Xperia play is actually stock! I've been begging for another stock on Verizon but i don't want the slide out to be a game controller. Will Verizon release anorher stock Xperia with maybe a kb or a touch screen?
    I was surprised when I saw that the Xperia Play is stock, too. Every picture I had ever seen of it showed a custom UI. Still, the "PlayStation Phone" doesn't really appeal to me. I use my PC for gaming, I haven't been able to get into mobile gaming. So hopefully Verizon will carry the next Nexus phone. If they do I would buy it in a heartbeat and my Droid Incredible will go into instant retirement. If they don't then I will gladly leave Verizon and go wherever the next Nexus phone is.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I plan on leaving V for a Nexus. I'm out of contact now, so I could get a Nexus S, I would just have to sell it once the ICS Nexus ships. Running an Incredible right now. Can't bring myself to drop the cash just yet, though.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12