Verizon Stock Android LTE phone

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
BMX has made references to it twice now and its got me wondering... what could it be? Nexus S with LTE? The Moto Nexus Phil has heard rumors of? Droid Bionic with an option to disable blur?

blackmannx said:
When Beer flows in the color of envy and the rainbows are all but empty and you bask in the Thunder so bold?

But if it?s another device you seek to reach your Peak, then you may yet have several weeks.

For in the LiTE a new device shall shine, and perhaps that is fine if dual cores you don?t mind?

For Stevie Austin moves like a blur, Unless it stock style you prefer?

But its calmness we shall seek,

And shy away from the Hype-beast

So those signing two year choices,

don?t blame panda forces,

But the unknown sources that raise your hopes so high?.

Cause at the end of the tweet a Sneaky Panda speaks and he says?

YOU MAY WANT TO WAIT TO BUY?​

blackmannx said:
?when the color green is all you see and they speak of pots of gold, perhaps in the lingering cold you may yet, hear the thunder roll,?

Lot of hard work by a lot of good people?. commerical handset release!

And right on schedule?

Now what else shall we share?

perhaps i will wait Another 1000 twitter followers till I share the NEXT devices release date? hmmm what would you all like to see? Bionic? Stealth or perhaps something that hasn?t leaked? Stock android lte?? Hmmm

?There is another?

This had been talked about both in the bionic forum and TB forum but I didnt see a thread here so I made one.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
There isn't any tangible evidence a device such as that exists to my knowledge. I'd love it if they made a CDMA/LTE Nexus S (or whatever the next Nexus phone will be), but keep in mind that Verizon only has one Vanilla Android phone in it's entire rather large Android lineup (Motorola Droid).

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Could the stock android phone he is talking about possibly be the htc merge? I mean htc did do the g2 for t-mobile and it was running stock android.

kmulliger

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Targa will be the stock vanilla android or Google phone. It is said that it packs a quad core processor, LTE, a 12 megapixel rear camera, front facing camera and power VR graphics and have the "with Google " branding. It is supposed to be launched by Christmas.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The Motorola Targa will be the stock vanilla android or Google phone. It is said that it packs a quad core processor, LTE, a 12 megapixel rear camera, front facing camera and power VR graphics and have the "with Google " branding. It is supposed to be launched by Christmas.

That would be awesome, but I will not hold my breath. The locked boatloader deal is a turn off for me on moto phones too.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

s.joshua

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That would be awesome, but I will not hold my breath. The locked boatloader deal is a turn off for me on moto phones too.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Don't lose all hope in Moto yet - If the Xoom tells us anything, it is that Moto will give up the reigns (and allow an unlocked bootloader) if Google is behind the device. This could be a similar situation to that.

BobR

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I think it's clear now that BMX was telling us the following in his hype beast hangover poem...

1) People will be celebrating the Thunderbolt, but even as the beer flows, there will be more devices coming soon. [My thought here is that the 4G network issues should be mostly resolved after the Thunderbolt, so future releases may be faster and easier.]

2) Another device to reach your Peak, is clearly another device coming in a few weeks. Maybe the Pyramid, even though it seems to be targeted to TMobile in the rumors. Or maybe it's another name that is associated with a "Peak". Hopefully, it's 4G. EDIT: This now sure looks to be the apparently immOinent Samsung Stealth.

3) "For in the LiTE a new device shall shine" is clearly another LTE device that's dual core, so it seems pretty clearly to be the Bionic, with Moto Blur.

4) And then finally, "Unless it stock style you prefer..." refers to a stock device, which seems now to be the Nexus S phone, which BMX says is much better on Verizon. EDIT: This now looks to be some other stock device based on BMX's edited post which clarifies it's referring to stock Android not necessarily a Google phone.

5) Thunderbolt as the 4G wonder-phone was a lot about hype. He did already warn us that it's a good phone, but has battery life limitations that may be an issue for some. It's not all about the Thunderbolt as a flagship device. There's much more coming, despite what the hype says.

So all in all, what was so hard to interpret before seems plain as day once more information came out, and it's actually more exciting than if it was all about just one new device.

Now if only we knew the real target time lines...!!!!

Will the coming phones all make it before the unlimited data plans change to tiered data plans? I want to wait for another option with good battery life, but I would probably get the Thunderbolt with an extended battery if absolutely necessary.

Last edited:

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
yeah, I just saw his latest blog post. It's very tempting to just take the bolt back and wait. All the benefits of samsung hardware without any of the drawbacks of touchwiz and samsung updates.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
It makes sense for Motorola to deliver a stock phone. That would take some of the heat of them for locking their other devices. They have stated that they want to make android more acceptable to enterprise which means security. Also means better battery life. So having a stock phone would be great for those who love Motorola but hate blur. Would make sense to be multi core as well as it would launch with 2.4 or whatever the next OS will be that supports multi core more natively

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Hope it's not the Nexus S (It's a great phone, but I already have it >.>). If it's a Moto device, especially the Targa, I would be ecstatic. :D

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any other source than Black Man X on this? He seems to be saying Verizon's getting a Nexus S that's better than Sprint's recently announced one. And he had been hinting at a forthcoming stock Android experience. And he said wait a few weeks instead of pulling the trigger on the Thunderbolt.

But the Sprint Nexus S is just a regular Nexus S with 4G and some Google Voice integration as far as I can tell. No bump in specs like expansion slot or 720/1080 video. Black Man X says "theirs" is "much better" than Sprint's. Anybody have info on how it may be better? As it stands I'm not inclined to wait on it.

Astrodroid

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Aaand now BMX has edited his post so that it no longer implies that Verizon has a Nexus S on the way that is better than Sprint's. Now it says "our 'stock' device is soooo MUCH better…".

Nexus S on Sprint official | Rants, Opinions and the confessions of a Tech addict…

So he said in his most recent poem to wait several weeks to make a purchasing decision rather than get locked into a Thunderbolt contract right off the bat, because a dual core stock Android phone that had never leaked was coming out that was better than the "hyped" Thunderbolt and we'd regret it. So now we can say it's not another Nexus S 4G. Some have pointed out that the Sony Xperia Play is a dual core stock Gingerbread phone coming out on Verizon mid April ("mid to late" is what the rep at CTIA said). I'm thinking that has to be it unless there are more than one stock android phone coming out on Verizon in April. And if so, darn it. I'll go Thunderbolt or Dinc 2 instead.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie