- god of thunder.
- 155 Posts
- Latest CyanogenMod
Verizon Stock Android LTE phone
BMX has made references to it twice now and its got me wondering... what could it be? Nexus S with LTE? The Moto Nexus Phil has heard rumors of? Droid Bionic with an option to disable blur?
Originally Posted by blackmannxOriginally Posted by blackmannx
- 03-17-2011, 12:46 PM #2
- 386 Posts
- Stock (for now)
There isn't any tangible evidence a device such as that exists to my knowledge. I'd love it if they made a CDMA/LTE Nexus S (or whatever the next Nexus phone will be), but keep in mind that Verizon only has one Vanilla Android phone in it's entire rather large Android lineup (Motorola Droid).
- 03-17-2011, 02:36 PM #3
- 03-17-2011, 05:40 PM #4
- 03-17-2011, 07:27 PM #5
- 03-17-2011, 09:08 PM #6
- 03-17-2011, 09:12 PM #7"Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"
If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
- 03-18-2011, 12:36 PM #8
- 03-18-2011, 12:55 PM #9
- 03-19-2011, 09:11 AM #10
- 03-19-2011, 01:19 PM #11
- 03-21-2011, 08:28 AM #12
- 305 Posts
BMX confirmed a Nexus S today with the Sprint accouncement
Posted Monday March 21, 2011
Just was showing the nexus S to someone and looking what the tag line says on Google’s page…
Nexus S â€“ The new Android phone from Google
Way to ruin the announcement for CTIA… Lmao.
Back to the lab….
Congrats to Sprint buy ours is MUCH better…
- 03-21-2011, 12:36 PM #13
- 67 Posts
Yep, I think it's clear now that BMX was telling us the following in his hype beast hangover poem...
1) People will be celebrating the Thunderbolt, but even as the beer flows, there will be more devices coming soon. [My thought here is that the 4G network issues should be mostly resolved after the Thunderbolt, so future releases may be faster and easier.]
2) Another device to reach your Peak, is clearly another device coming in a few weeks. Maybe the Pyramid, even though it seems to be targeted to TMobile in the rumors. Or maybe it's another name that is associated with a "Peak". Hopefully, it's 4G. EDIT: This now sure looks to be the apparently immOinent Samsung Stealth.
3) "For in the LiTE a new device shall shine" is clearly another LTE device that's dual core, so it seems pretty clearly to be the Bionic, with Moto Blur.
4) And then finally, "Unless it stock style you prefer..." refers to a stock device, which seems now to be the Nexus S phone, which BMX says is much better on Verizon. EDIT: This now looks to be some other stock device based on BMX's edited post which clarifies it's referring to stock Android not necessarily a Google phone.
5) Thunderbolt as the 4G wonder-phone was a lot about hype. He did already warn us that it's a good phone, but has battery life limitations that may be an issue for some. It's not all about the Thunderbolt as a flagship device. There's much more coming, despite what the hype says.
So all in all, what was so hard to interpret before seems plain as day once more information came out, and it's actually more exciting than if it was all about just one new device.
Now if only we knew the real target time lines...!!!!
Will the coming phones all make it before the unlimited data plans change to tiered data plans? I want to wait for another option with good battery life, but I would probably get the Thunderbolt with an extended battery if absolutely necessary.
- 03-21-2011, 05:06 PM #14
- 03-21-2011, 05:13 PM #15
- 03-22-2011, 07:18 AM #16
It makes sense for Motorola to deliver a stock phone. That would take some of the heat of them for locking their other devices. They have stated that they want to make android more acceptable to enterprise which means security. Also means better battery life. So having a stock phone would be great for those who love Motorola but hate blur. Would make sense to be multi core as well as it would launch with 2.4 or whatever the next OS will be that supports multi core more natively
- 03-22-2011, 09:31 AM #17
- 03-22-2011, 10:08 AM #18
Hope it's not the Nexus S (It's a great phone, but I already have it >.>). If it's a Moto device, especially the Targa, I would be ecstatic.-Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon
-Nexus S on no network
-White 32GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
- 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM #19
Does anyone have any other source than Black Man X on this? He seems to be saying Verizon's getting a Nexus S that's better than Sprint's recently announced one. And he had been hinting at a forthcoming stock Android experience. And he said wait a few weeks instead of pulling the trigger on the Thunderbolt.
But the Sprint Nexus S is just a regular Nexus S with 4G and some Google Voice integration as far as I can tell. No bump in specs like expansion slot or 720/1080 video. Black Man X says "theirs" is "much better" than Sprint's. Anybody have info on how it may be better? As it stands I'm not inclined to wait on it.
- 03-26-2011, 10:36 AM #20
Aaand now BMX has edited his post so that it no longer implies that Verizon has a Nexus S on the way that is better than Sprint's. Now it says "our 'stock' device is soooo MUCH better…".
Nexus S on Sprint official | Rants, Opinions and the confessions of a Tech addict…
So he said in his most recent poem to wait several weeks to make a purchasing decision rather than get locked into a Thunderbolt contract right off the bat, because a dual core stock Android phone that had never leaked was coming out that was better than the "hyped" Thunderbolt and we'd regret it. So now we can say it's not another Nexus S 4G. Some have pointed out that the Sony Xperia Play is a dual core stock Gingerbread phone coming out on Verizon mid April ("mid to late" is what the rep at CTIA said). I'm thinking that has to be it unless there are more than one stock android phone coming out on Verizon in April. And if so, darn it. I'll go Thunderbolt or Dinc 2 instead.
- god of thunder.
- 155 Posts
- Latest CyanogenMod
- 03-26-2011, 04:21 PM #22
I found the stock info here:adroinica update dated March 22, 2011
This source says it was originally going to be google's next phone before samsung got the nexus s: Android Community Article dated March 11, 2011
- 03-26-2011, 10:30 PM #23
- 03-26-2011, 10:54 PM #24
Huh, well I stand corrected on the processor. A quick google when I was researching this issue gave me this article, which says dual-core. But everybody else says single. Well that's good news then, because BMX's stock dual has to be something else. Not the Nexus S, not the Xperia Play. You wouldn't think it would be another HTC or Motorola so close to the launch of their first big 4Gs apiece on Verizon. And we already knew about the Samsung and the LG LTEs, so it isn't those. It's not Sony unless they've got something other than the Play. Who's left?
- 04-01-2011, 09:55 PM #25