1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Carrier Phones (I.E Memorize,Facinate, Epic)

We saw a Galaxy phone for each carrier last year, will we see an upgrade to these phones. I know they introduced the Galaxy S 2, will we see a new upgrade to each of these phone this year.

Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.1

I think it will definitely happen for Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T but depending on how AT&T wants to market T-Mobile they may or may not get it.
    Siemens CF62T> Samsung T329 Stripe Black> MyTouch 3G Black (Android 1.6 Donut)> Blackberry Bold 9700 (5.0.0.330)> Samsung T219 Brown (backup crap dumbphone)> Google/HTC Nexus One (CM7.2)> Google/LG Nexus 4 (Android 4.2.2)

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

I'd say definitely considering how successful samsung was when they did the whole galaxy s invasion

ROM
    midNIGHT v5/ Bonsai v4

More "news".

Samsung Galaxy S2 To Arrive In US as Attain, Function and Within ?
    By CATALIN On MARCH 26, 2011

It seems that the South Korean manufacturer Samsung is taking the first few steps into setting up the entrance of the Samsung Galaxy S2 into the US market. As such, they have filled up the necessary paperwork for three trademarks for the names under which the Samsung Galaxy S2 might be hitting the American market. The names which Samsung is looking to trademark are most likely the titles under which the device will be available at the major US carriers.

The names under which the Galaxy S2 will arrive in the US are the Galaxy Attain, Galaxy Function and the Galaxy Within. These will be most likely the names which will be associated with the device on AT&T, Verizon and Sprint, as most of the times there aren’t any special names for Android smartphones in Europe. A Samsung Galaxy S is a Samsung Galaxy S, irrespective of its launch at Orange, Vodafone, Three and so on.

However, the manufacturer hasn’t released yet any official info regarding the Samsung Galaxy S2 carriers or availability in the United States. But, being the well informed bunch that we are, we know that Samsung Galaxy S2 has recently paid FCC a visit sporting AT&T frequencies. This is not to say that S2 will be an AT&T exclusive as Verizon, T-Mobile and Sprint cannot stay idle and miss on this pretty awesome device.

Samsung Galaxy S2 - Within, Function and Attain
    Fret not, as the Samsung Galaxy S2 specs won’t change for the versions, maybe with the addition of a 4G radio here and there, but other than that you will be seeing the standard dual core processor under the shiny new exterior ( NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 dual-core or Samsung’s very own Exynos line ).

You’ll also get the same 4.3 inch capacitive Super AMOLED Plus display along with the full HD capable 8 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash and front facing camera. To be honest, I don’t care much for the name it ships under as long as I do get my hands on one of these.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 specs will most likely stay the same
    This latest move by Samsung regarding their Galaxy S2 ( or Attain, or Within or Function ) smartphone is showing that we might be slowly but surely closing in on the release date of the device in the US as well.

As far as the European Samsung Galaxy S2 release date is concerned it seems that is scheduled for sometime during the month of May.

Make sure to check back regularly as we’ll bring you more news on this subject. Stay tuned!

Thanks PocketNow for letting us know the probable US Samsung Galaxy S2 names.
    Source:

Last edited by frostyfire03530; 04-03-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: fixed links
    Thanked by:

ROM
    midNIGHT v5/ Bonsai v4

Default Galaxy S2 4G?

2011.04.09 fr0styfire03530

Yesterday, a new device passed through the FCC listed as A3LSPHD720.

The Confidentiality Request Letter for the device is dated March 25th, 2011 hinting at a launch date no later than 180 days from then, September 21, 2011.

Given the FFC ID and WiMax support, the device will most likely be headed to Sprint. Curiously, the ID is close to the Epic 4G's (A3LSPHD700).

A Samsung/Sprint device launching around one year after the Epic 4g, could this possibly be the Galaxy S2 4G, successor to the Epic 4G?

Only time will tell...

Most likely the Nexus S 4G.

Last edited by frostyfire03530; 04-09-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by frostyfire03530 View Post
    2011.04.09 fr0styfire03530

Yesterday, a new device passed through the FCC listed as A3LSPHD720.

The Confidentiality Request Letter for the device is dated March 25th, 2011 hinting at a launch date no later than 180 days from then, September 21, 2011.

Given the FFC ID and WiMax support, the device will most likely be headed to Sprint. Curiously, the ID is close to the Epic 4G's (A3LSPHD700).

A Samsung/Sprint device launching around one year after the Epic 4g, could this possibly be the Galaxy S2 4G, successor to the Epic 4G?

Only time will tell...
    I thought that at first, but then I remembered the Nexus...

Nexus S is i9020, so maybe the Sprint version is SPHD720. Plus, it has RFID (which I'm assuming is NFC, unless they want to open my parking garage gate with your phone), and I don't think the S2 had NFC. I also think the GSM versions would come out before the CDMA versions.

ROM
    midNIGHT v5/ Bonsai v4

True, but there is already an ATT rumored S2 that passed through the FCC about 2 weeks ago I think it was.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

True, but there is already an ATT rumored S2 that passed through the FCC about 2 weeks ago I think it was.
    Hmm, guess I forgot about that. What was the ID on that one? Might have been the Infuse.

ROM
    midNIGHT v5/ Bonsai v4

The one for ATT is the 'A3LGTI9100' but Samsung renamed the Epic from the their naming scheme to conform the device to their Sprint naming standard. Also as an afterthought, though Sprint is getting the Nexus S, they aren't getting a Sprint branded Nexus. They are just getting it supplied to them without presale.... whatever. There would be no need to apply at the FCC again *Edit* except for the WiMAX. doh.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

The one for ATT is the 'A3LGTI9100' but Samsung renamed the Epic from the their naming scheme to conform the device to their Sprint naming standard.
    i9100...that's the S2. Interesting, the Captivate was SGH-i897. How sure are you it was for AT&T? The international version has AT&T bands in it.

Also as an afterthought, though Sprint is getting the Nexus S, they aren't getting a Sprint branded Nexus. They are just getting it supplied to them without presale.... whatever. There would be no need to apply at the FCC again *Edit* except for the WiMAX. doh.
    WiMAX and CDMA. Same phone, completely different radio, which is what the FCC cares about. It's not Sprint branded, but it can only be used on Sprint, and I'm sure they had a hand in it.

ROM
    midNIGHT v5/ Bonsai v4

Yeah, I forgot that the Nexus coming to sprint had the WiMAX. After sorting through the label pictures in the FCC I think it's safe to say that the SPH-D720 is the Nexus S. The chassis resembles the Nexus S practically perfect.
    The S2 rumors for att are only supported by the fact the A3LGTI9100 was GSM though, like you said it's prolly just the international verison with ATT bands.
    Meh. Here's to higher hopes. I'll keep scrounging around till something comes up. Thanks for the clarification.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Yeah, I forgot that the Nexus coming to sprint had the WiMAX. After sorting through the label pictures in the FCC I think it's safe to say that the SPH-D720 is the Nexus S. The chassis resembles the Nexus S practically perfect.
    The S2 rumors for att are only supported by the fact the A3LGTI9100 was GSM though, like you said it's prolly just the international verison with ATT bands.
    Meh. Here's to higher hopes. I'll keep scrounging around till something comes up. Thanks for the clarification.
    Hey, it's hard to keep up with all these phones lol. I was convinced about the Epic successor until I saw the RFID radio. That and the number (which could have just been a coincidence) were the only red flags.

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

I just want some info on the epic 2 to see if I want that or evo 3D

So I walked into an AT&T store on Friday and asked if they will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S II and the manager replied "Yes, it is due in late quarter 1 and we will also have the new Nexus." On top of that I asked what the ballpark on price w/ contract would be on the galaxy s II and he said $199. I am not sure why there is so much speculation on this because all I had to do was ask.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by myers6486 View Post
    So I walked into an AT&T store on Friday and asked if they will be getting the Samsung Galaxy S II and the manager replied "Yes, it is due in late quarter 1 and we will also have the new Nexus." On top of that I asked what the ballpark on price w/ contract would be on the galaxy s II and he said $199. I am not sure why there is so much speculation on this because all I had to do was ask.
    Carrier store manager doesn't exactly make a great source. Especially since he said "late quarter 1" and the first quarter ended 11 days ago. Plus there's no way AT&T gets the Nexus in carrier stores, since they wouldn't be able to lock down sideloading or crap it up with bloatware.

Though you have to remember that the galaxy s II was first said to be out during the end of March so he may have something saying end of quarter 1. The fact that he has knowledge of one coming to AT&T should give a clue, I mean, why else would you tell a customer to not buy the iPhone and to wait for either of those.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by myers6486 View Post
    Though you have to remember that the galaxy s II was first said to be out during the end of March so he may have something saying end of quarter 1. The fact that he has knowledge of one coming to AT&T should give a clue, I mean, why else would you tell a customer to not buy the iPhone and to wait for either of those.
    Good point. I just don't put much stock in what carrier stores say.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk