Samsung might remove headphone jack from future phones?

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I was reading the paper today and it stated that even though Samsung is going through this recall with the note 7 they're looking towards the future, and are considering following In apple's footsteps in removing the headphone jack any thoughts?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
The topic isn't Note specific, so it doesn't necessarily belong here. That being said Samsung has no reason to get rid of it. They already know the negatives of getting rid of the headphone jack as well as other things (like when they got rid of SD card slots on the Note 5, and it bit them). They made the jack in the Note 7 water resistant, and they could do it in the future for any phones. They also make a ton of wired headphones, and they wouldn't want to anger those customers by saying they couldn't use them on their new phones. Your source is unreliable, and you shouldn't trust him/her/them.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
The topic isn't Note specific, so it doesn't necessarily belong here. That being said Samsung has no reason to get rid of it. They already know the negatives of getting rid of the headphone jack as well as other things (like when they got rid of SD card slots on the Note 5, and it bit them). They made the jack in the Note 7 water resistant, and they could do it in the future for any phones. They also make a ton of wired headphones, and they wouldn't want to anger those customers by saying they couldn't use them on their new phones. Your source is unreliable, and you shouldn't trust him/her/them.

They could remove it and replace it for a second usb type c port and just have an adapter for it.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
You're right "A.O." - it's absolutely NO TIME to be messing with stuff now after all that's just happened. They'd better just "hold tight" to what they've given us because, other than this stupid battery issue, this phone (in my opinion anyway) is a winner!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I could see them doing it. The next phone? Maybe not but sometime in the future I could see it happening.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Sure its a good time... get rid of it and gets some space to put stereo speakers. You match an awesome screen with awesome sound. phones starting to hightlight sound. ZTE, V20, etc. Be nice to make the bottom of phone symmetrical too ;)

You're right "A.O." - it's absolutely NO TIME to be messing with stuff now after all that's just happened. They'd better just "hold tight" to what they've given us because, other than this stupid battery issue, this phone (in my opinion anyway) is a winner!

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think as the quality of Bluetooth headphones gets better along with the price of them coming down makes them more attainable, it's only a matter of time until they all do this. But I also think Apple is jumping the gun on doing this now. I just don't think the masses are ready to shell out a bunch of money for headphones that are still pricey (at least for quality ones). I think it will be a couple of years before the other makers (including Samsung) make this move. However, if Apple proves everyone wrong and the lack of a headphone jack works out for them then it's a good bet other manufacturers will rush to catch up.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I think as the quality of Bluetooth headphones gets better along with the price of them coming down makes them more attainable, it's only a matter of time until they all do this. But I also think Apple is jumping the gun on doing this now. I just don't think the masses are ready to shell out a bunch of money for headphones that are still pricey (at least for quality ones). I think it will be a couple of years before the other makers (including Samsung) make this move. However, if Apple proves everyone wrong and the lack of a headphone jack works out for them then it's a good bet other manufacturers will rush to catch up.
Don't the newest Motorola phones come without a headphone jack?

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Someone once suggested they'd remove all ports. Wireless charging, blue tooth, mirror to tv, etc., that it wasn't needed. However, those extras cost and time to charge. I had to get a used/new car and it is the cheap model without bluetooth (really).

I don't think we're there yet. Just like not everyone likes or uses cloud storage, ports will be there for a while. Little by little, sure but not entirely.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Sure its a good time... get rid of it and gets some space to put stereo speakers. You match an awesome screen with awesome sound. phones starting to hightlight sound. ZTE, V20, etc. Be nice to make the bottom of phone symmetrical too ;)

If you're getting rid of ports, why have speakers? One of my managers bought two $150 Bose blue tooth speakers a few months ago (good thing he likes iPhones).

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Android will probably move to just type c in 3-5 years, at the earliest, if PC's and other devices do the same. They need a consorted effort like that to think about it working on a mainstream device. Same way they were even reluctant to move to type c in the first place, but with a lot more reluctance.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realize that I haven't used a headphone jack in my last few phones so I personally wouldn't even miss it.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I didn't realize that I haven't used a headphone jack in my last few phones so I personally wouldn't even miss it.

I been using Bluetooth headphones since my note 5, but when the battery dies on my headphones it's cool to reach for some corded headphones if I need to,but you're right I probably wouldn't miss it much either

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I been using Bluetooth headphones since my note 5, but when the battery dies on my headphones it's cool to reach for some corded headphones if I need to,but you're right I probably wouldn't miss it much either
Right, it's always nice to have options.

People still play music through aux connections in cars and radios where there's no Bluetooth capability.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1