There should be only 3 Samsung phones

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
There should be a
Galaxy S8 5.1inches in line with normal S series of phones.
Galaxy S8 Edge 5.5inches ...in line with the normal S edge series of phones
Galaxy S8 Note 5.7 (Note Replacement for 2017) with Spen and such.

The is no reason there should be more than 1 rls of Flagship phones in a year IMO.

Your thoughts

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Call it whatever you want. Just take your pick and use it.

There is S7, S7 Edge, and Note 7. Now it's just S7/S7 Edge.

Even though I have a S7 Edge, I'm wary of Samsung. This is my first Android away from Apple and I'm not impressed when it comes to reputation and action. Next time, don't rush. But it looks like they are doing just that with a rush release of the S8 in February.

Why do they feel they have to jump ahead of the competition and release it early? Apple doesn't give a damn when Asus or Dell releases their computers, they do it at their own pace.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
There will likely be 5 flagships with the "x" series in play.

Makes perfect sense...

Samsung needs to diversify as much as possible after this mess...

Biz 101....

blackhemi4x4

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
It's the fact that Samsung has so many lines that they can and will bounce back!

Different phones for different people, needs, costs, etc. Choices are good.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

Even though I have a S7 Edge, I'm wary of Samsung. This is my first Android away from Apple and I'm not impressed when it comes to reputation and action. Next time, don't rush. But it looks like they are doing just that with a rush release of the S8 in February.

Why do they feel they have to jump ahead of the competition and release it early? Apple doesn't give a damn when Asus or Dell releases their computers, they do it at their own pace.
Wow so your first Android experience was with the Note 7-sorry it was such a negative experience. What are you using now? I ended up with a Note 5. This is what I had before the Note 7 and it works well.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S8 - 5.1"
Galaxy S8+ - 5.5"
Galaxy N8 - 6.0"

Those are my guesses. Maybe they'll reserve the Q3 for the X and J lines.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
There should be a

The is no reason there should be more than 1 rls of Flagship phones in a year IMO.

Your thoughts

Wow i seriously hope it will. I dun mind Galaxy S8 Note 5.7 (Note Replacement for 2017) with Spen looks exactly the same as Note 7 lol

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Having two separate releases helps ease supply, reduces risks like this one had, and helps boost demand. There isn't a lot of negatives to it. Especially when the latter release has it's own distinctive USPs.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
There should be a

Your thoughts

Only three phones?

You do realize that one of the reasons that Samsung makes so much money and is dominant in the mobile space is because they have so many low- and mid-range phones that target price-conscious customers, especially in more developing parts of the world, right?

BouncyRoo

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
Wow so your first Android experience was with the Note 7-sorry it was such a negative experience. What are you using now? I ended up with a Note 5. This is what I had before the Note 7 and it works well.

I'm using the S7 Edge now, with the iPhone 6s as my backup phone. I don't know if the S7 Edge uses the same battery or battery controller as the Note 7, that's why I still have the iPhone.

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Late Feb/early March is the annual time frame when Samsung has revealed the Galaxy S series for the year. The S8 rumored rush would have to hit the market around Jan to be an early or rushed version that the media loves to post for clicks. The same went for the Note 7 as the Note 5/S6 Edge plus were released in Aug 2015. Will have to wait for an official statement from Samsung on what caused the issue with the Note 7. From what I can gather, they cannot replicate the issue in house. However, click bait media speculation will sway far more people than the truth sadly.

I'm using the S7 Edge now, with the iPhone 6s as my backup phone. I don't know if the S7 Edge uses the same battery or battery controller as the Note 7, that's why I still have the iPhone.

The S7E battery is different than what was in the N7. While any battery can be hazardous pending condition of the phone or just a one off mfg defect. I would not worry more about it than any other smartphone with regard to battery. Again, you will see plenty of click bait media in the next 60 days.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Late Feb/early March is the annual time frame when Samsung has revealed the Galaxy S series for the year. The S8 rumored rush would have to hit the market around Jan to be an early or rushed version that the media loves to post for clicks. The same went for the Note 7 as the Note 5/S6 Edge plus were released in Aug 2015. Will have to wait for an official statement from Samsung on what caused the issue with the Note 7. From what I can gather, they cannot replicate the issue in house. However, click bait media speculation will sway far more people than the truth sadly.

The S7E battery is different than what was in the N7. While any battery can be hazardous pending condition of the phone or just a one off mfg defect. I would not worry more about it than any other smartphone with regard to battery. Again, you will see plenty of click bait media in the next 60 days.
This! People need to stop spreading misinformation. These are normal release times. It wasn't that it was rushed, they just screwed up! Lol.

Jeremy Jensen1

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site
There should be a

Your thoughts

I think there should be 4 flagship phones. 2 flat and two curved. Both flats should have pens. If they feel like having a 5th experimental design I'd be fine with that as well. Samsung has alienated many with the lack of phones that fit durable cases. And obviously this year has provided evidence that the crazy stuff should hit a experimental phone line first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance