Samsung Galaxy S8 leaks

Rohith Rohi1

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Galaxy S8′s intelligent assistant might be called Bixby

Samsung announced its acquisition of Viv Labs last month, it’s an artificial intelligence startup founded by the people that created Siri. Viv Labs has created a unique, open artificial intelligence platform which enables third-party developers to build conversational assistants like Siri, the platform also enables them to integrate a natural language-based interface in apps and services. It has since been rumored that the Galaxy S8 is going to feature an AI assistant powered by this startup’s technology.

The company has filed for a trademark in South Korea, it seeks protection of the word “Bixby,” the application details that this brand will be used for “computer software for personal information management,” “computer application software for smartphones, mobile telephones, portable computers and tablet computers, Namely, software used to operate voice recognition system” and “computer software for enabling hands-free use of a mobile phone through voice recognition.”

It’s obviously just speculation right now that the Galaxy S8′s intelligent assistant might be called Bixby but the timing is what makes the whole thing seem plausible. These trademark applications do have a way of tipping us about new services before they’re actually launched so I wouldn’t rule out the possibility completely yet. Samsung is due to unveil the Galaxy S8 in February next year.

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S8′s intelligent assistant might be called Bixby

Me, too!

"Mr. McGee, don't make me angry... You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

Guess our age is showing

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Great. So instead of blowing up, this one is gonna turn green and wreak havok.

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site

S8 coming... can't wait. I will get it for free!!! I deserve 2 get it 4 free. Replacing note

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

S8 coming... can't wait. I will get it for free!!! I deserve 2 get it 4 free. Replacing note

You don't deserve anything for free. None of us do.

You're entitled to pay for your tiny piece of wonderful technology and enjoy it.

jmnesq

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I love Alfred. There may be some interesting copyright issues there, but I love the idea of calling my phone Alfred. Or Penny-One.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

And apparently (via WSJ) it's going to be delayed until April ::siiiiigh::

6 more months with my hand me down S5

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S8 Two sizes - 5.7 and 6.2? *rumor*

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/11/09/report-samsung-huge-galaxy-s8/

According to the latest report out of South Korea, the Galaxy S8 from Samsung will be made available in two display sizes; one with a 5.7″ display, and the other with a 6.2″ display. While those screen sizes may intimidate a few people, what they imply are actually quite exciting.

In order to deliver a 6.2″ display that doesn’t protrude straight out of your pocket or purse, it is reported that Samsung will ditch all bezels on the Galaxy S8, as well as the home button. With the removal of the home button, it should be expected that we might see on-screen buttons, instead of Samsung’s long-standing capacitive keys. This means, while the display size enlarges, the overall dimensions of the device do not.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S8 Two sizes - 5.7 and 6.2? *rumor*

I hope that u.s. former note 7 customers get a special deal if they go from the S7/7edge to the 8.

Brandwin

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I hope we know sooner rather than later. I wonder when an announcement will be made? I have a 6P and considering the Pixel, but I don't know.

I never owned a phone that wasn't an iphone until the Note 4. Then a year later I got a Nexus 6P. I don't care for Touchwiz, but the S8 rumors are getting my hyped!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Ditching the home button is the most exciting thing from this announcement to me :p There were many seemed-credible-at-the-time that they were planning to lose the home button, reversed button configuration and move to stock android on screen buttons on the Note 5 - and when that didn't happen and it didn't happen on the S7 it appeared that whomever was spearheading their fix-the-design to modern standards initiative had been sacked.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site

I hope we know sooner rather than later. I wonder when an announcement will be made? I have a 6P and considering the Pixel, but I don't know.

I never owned a phone that wasn't an iphone until the Note 4. Then a year later I got a Nexus 6P. I don't care for Touchwiz, but the S8 rumors are getting my hyped!
Even though I like the S7Edge I still feel like it's something I had to settle for because the Note 7 was so above and beyond
Ditching the home button is the most exciting thing from this announcement to me There were many seemed-credible-at-the-time that they were planning to lose the home button, reversed button configuration and move to stock android on screen buttons on the Note 5 - and when that didn't happen and it didn't happen on the S7 it appeared that whomever was spearheading their fix-the-design to modern standards initiative had been sacked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21