Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Resident Linux Fiend

ROM
    Stock Touchwiz LJC 4.1.1

"Samsung lady" we may be putting updates out...

samsung... update.... hahahaha!!!!! (it'll be a few years?)

Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 will be here by Christmas according to Taylor in his final goodbye post.

"p.s. I know everyone loved my Android Insider rumor reports so I’ll leave you with one final tip. LG Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 by Christmas…"

Android and Me and You (aka Where did Taylor go?) – Android and Me

If there was a Nexus 3 coming in the coming weeks, this guy would've known about it and wouldn't have said the next one by Christmas. I'm thinking it might just be a tablet or something to give away, or G2X's. Nothing super special.
    Last edited by andrew53517; 04-09-2011 at 11:11 AM.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

If I remember right, they gave out Evos at IO last year, so it may not even be a Nexus phone/tablet. G2X or a LG tablet, like andrew said.

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Its 53 hundred **** kissing gifts for the boss....

I think it wil be the G-Slate.

Its suppose to be coming out soon anyway and one just popped up on Ebay and the location is California.

LG G Slate Honeycomb (Android 3.0) Available NOW!!! | eBay
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JSAUCE75 View Post
    If they're launching a new nexus phone, they better leak it quick because I'm primed and ready to buy the g2x on launch day. I would not be happy if they announced a new nexus phone after my 14 return window closes.
    Well get ready for that to happen.
    Remember the Pyramid has been leaked lately too.

Alternatively you could just trade your current phone plus $ for one on Craigslist.
    Everyone needs a backup phone and its very easy when your carrier uses sim cards.
    I've done the Craigslist trade thing a bunch .
    I just always meet in a public place like inside a Starbucks so its safe.
    Plus I'm a coffee fiend anyways heheh.

Hebrews 13:8

Guys, it's the LG Nexus tablet, it's NOT a new Nexus phone. There are still Nexus S phones expected to roll out to other carriers, Google isn't going to $h!t where they eat on this one. Also, they don't need to encourage people to develop for phones, they need people to develop apps for tablets. These giveaways aren't just for fun, they are there to drive developer interest.

I promise you, they are giving away Nexus Tablets to everyone at I/O. They'll probably show off new features to also get devs excistied, like an update of Honeycomb and some killer new apps (Gmusic). I imagine there'll be a preview of ICS, but the emphasis will be getting developers to make tablet optimized apps for Honeycomb.
    Last edited by ottscay; 04-09-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Global Posts
    380 Global Posts

I also think it is a giveaway for googleio, and I can't wait until I get there to see what it is. I think I heard a number of about 5000-5500 for the number of io tickets, so 5300 seems like a suspiciously close number. I guess we will see in about a month.

-frank

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    ROM
    STOCK

My money's on a tablet.

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I'd rather get the next Nexus phone, but I agree that it is probably a tablet. Hopefully it will at least have Tegra 3; that would be cool if it is a Tegra 3 Nexus tablet. A G2X would be probably be cool, but you need qHD or better these days to be impressive. Maybe it is a new Google TV device...

Quote Originally Posted by scaots View Post
    I'd rather get the next Nexus phone, but I agree that it is probably a tablet.
    There won't be a new Nexus phone (i.e. one by someone other than Samsung) until the end of the year. I wish it would be faster too, as I really don't like Samsung products...but it is what it is

Global Posts
    830 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

I'm going to think different and say its newer Google TV for Google I/O.
    So many phones, so little time.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

My money is on a nexus tablet. Moto came out with a vanilla droid, and google still dropped the N1. Moto comes out with xoom, but I believe it will be some sort of nexus tablet at the IO event.
    Im T rop per and I approve this message
    Thanks for watching = T

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Buying a Nexus S was the best choice for a phone I have made. If it is a Nexus Tablet I will take a good look at it maybe buy it.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Global Posts
    978 Global Posts
    ROM
    LiquidICSv1.5 MR3V1 JMOD

Anyone see Fight Club when Narrator has to pick his bag up for security because they thought he had an "electric razor" in his bag? My guess is its 5300 "electric razors."

ROM

Why am i leaning towards the G2X?? I, unfortunately, don't think its gonna be a Nexus Tablet. Even if it is, its gonna be that sh#*#y g-slate.

Devs are clamoring for a development device based on the Tegra2. You're not going to iron out processor issues with a Hummingbird device. If we are going to accept that the Android platform will be processor fragmented, accept it and release development devices with each contending processor platform.

If you look at it, which device comes with

1. Tegra2
    2. Stock Android OS
    3. Has both AT&T and T-Mobile bands

You end up with the G2X. Just unlock the damn thing.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Guamguy View Post
    Devs are clamoring for a development device based on the Tegra2. You're not going to iron out processor issues with a Hummingbird device. If we are going to accept that the Android platform will be processor fragmented, accept it and release development devices with each contending processor platform.

If you look at it, which device comes with

1. Tegra2
    2. Stock Android OS
    3. Has both AT&T and T-Mobile bands

You end up with the G2X. Just unlock the damn thing.
    Good points but Goole wants to push the tab market further. So develop DC on tablets, prolly something similar to the slate, which was prolly a prototype used to when the goole bid.
    Thanks for watching = T

ROM

Default Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    Good points but Goole wants to push the tab market further. So develop DC on tablets, prolly something similar to the slate, which was prolly a prototype used to when the goole bid.
    So you think it's gonna be a Nexus Tablet (Nexus T)?

Isn't the G-Slate 3D? Seems weird that Goog would put the Nexus name on something 3D given they haven't been pushing the tech. It's the manufacturers who have been going all in with 3D.

They could of course create a non-3D version of the GSlate and call it the Nexus Tablet.
    Smarty Pants

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by muscal View Post
    So you think it's gonna be a Nexus Tablet (Nexus T)?
    Im only reading between the lines an guessing like the rest, but yeah something along those lines.

I believe the next nexus will come from either LG or Samsung, primarily because they are large manufactures, they make there on screens and they can afford to undercut the rest. Now seeing LG make a huge shipment to Google sounds fairly logical sense Google needs a Developer Tablet. Which would make a nice gift at Google IO. The shipment was close to what attenance is supposed to be.
    Thanks for watching = T

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tropper View Post
    Im only reading between the lines an guessing like the rest, but yeah something along those lines.

I believe the next nexus will come from either LG or Samsung, primarily because they are large manufactures, they make there on screens and they can afford to undercut the rest. Now seeing LG make a huge shipment to Google sounds fairly logical sense Google needs a Developer Tablet. Which would make a nice gift at Google IO. The shipment was close to what attenance is supposed to be.
    I think we can all agree the shipment was indeed for Google IO but what i don't understand is how LG built a Nexus Tablet when their g-slate/optimus pad hasn't even come out yet. Did they do a really good job at leak prevention or something? I feel like if it is the g-slate/pad that it would be underwhelming for conference attendees.

Like I said before I also think it will be the G-Slate.

There has been no mention of a release from T-mobile. It was suppose to be released next week but I think they will wait and time the release with Google IO.

ROM

I think i'm selling my ticket then. lol
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

washers and dryers for all the employees. They are pretty awesome

Sent from my Droid
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast