LG sending 5300 units of something to Google?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Nexus refrigerator. 'nuff said.

That just made me laugh so hard, I think I may have ruined my keyboard from the excess of monster passing through my nose...

I've been in the market for a new fridge... if i got an android fridge, i'd be happy.

Lg. Nexus. Can I get rid of my Optimus now?

rosser

Former Advisor
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
maybe theyre gonna announce the nexus tablet from lg at google io and everyone at Google IO is gonna get one? Just a guess.

GeoKaplan

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Or...

With the rumored availability of Ice Cream Sandwich around June/July--the sort of important upgrade to the phone software that Froyo was for the N1 and Gingerbread wasn't for the NS--it could be LG 2 phones ready to be loaded for dogfooding in Mountainview.

A late April delivery allows for 6-8 weeks of in-house testing and updating before a final release of ICS. Supposedly, ICS will be optimized for dual-core processors, so the NS isn't of much value, it will take a more advanced piece of hardware to fully test the builds. The last deal with Samsung indicates Google isn't giving the Nexus business solely to HTC, and involving a 3rd major manufacturer would be good business sense. The phone having the 3G bands for both T-mobile and AT&T would make even more sense. I think every high-end-loving T-mo customer would buy one of these if they were future-proofed.

I think this will signal the dawn of Nexus 3. Or Nexus LG. Or whatever it will be called.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
"Samsung lady" we may be putting updates out...

samsung... update.... hahahaha!!!!! (it'll be a few years?)

andrew53517

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 will be here by Christmas according to Taylor in his final goodbye post.

"p.s. I know everyone loved my Android Insider rumor reports so I’ll leave you with one final tip. LG Nexus 3 with Tegra 3 by Christmas…"

Android and Me and You (aka Where did Taylor go?) – Android and Me

If there was a Nexus 3 coming in the coming weeks, this guy would've known about it and wouldn't have said the next one by Christmas. I'm thinking it might just be a tablet or something to give away, or G2X's. Nothing super special.

Last edited:

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If I remember right, they gave out Evos at IO last year, so it may not even be a Nexus phone/tablet. G2X or a LG tablet, like andrew said.

going_home

Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!
Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If they're launching a new nexus phone, they better leak it quick because I'm primed and ready to buy the g2x on launch day. I would not be happy if they announced a new nexus phone after my 14 return window closes.

Well get ready for that to happen.
Remember the Pyramid has been leaked lately too.

Alternatively you could just trade your current phone plus $ for one on Craigslist.
Everyone needs a backup phone and its very easy when your carrier uses sim cards.
I've done the Craigslist trade thing a bunch .
I just always meet in a public place like inside a Starbucks so its safe.
Plus I'm a coffee fiend anyways heheh.

;)

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Guys, it's the LG Nexus tablet, it's NOT a new Nexus phone. There are still Nexus S phones expected to roll out to other carriers, Google isn't going to $h!t where they eat on this one. Also, they don't need to encourage people to develop for phones, they need people to develop apps for tablets. These giveaways aren't just for fun, they are there to drive developer interest.

I promise you, they are giving away Nexus Tablets to everyone at I/O. They'll probably show off new features to also get devs excistied, like an update of Honeycomb and some killer new apps (Gmusic). I imagine there'll be a preview of ICS, but the emphasis will be getting developers to make tablet optimized apps for Honeycomb.

Last edited:

kaediil

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I also think it is a giveaway for googleio, and I can't wait until I get there to see what it is. I think I heard a number of about 5000-5500 for the number of io tickets, so 5300 seems like a suspiciously close number. I guess we will see in about a month.

-frank

scaots

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather get the next Nexus phone, but I agree that it is probably a tablet. Hopefully it will at least have Tegra 3; that would be cool if it is a Tegra 3 Nexus tablet. A G2X would be probably be cool, but you need qHD or better these days to be impressive. Maybe it is a new Google TV device... :eek:

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather get the next Nexus phone, but I agree that it is probably a tablet.

There won't be a new Nexus phone (i.e. one by someone other than Samsung) until the end of the year. I wish it would be faster too, as I really don't like Samsung products...but it is what it is :(

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My money is on a nexus tablet. Moto came out with a vanilla droid, and google still dropped the N1. Moto comes out with xoom, but I believe it will be some sort of nexus tablet at the IO event.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Buying a Nexus S was the best choice for a phone I have made. If it is a Nexus Tablet I will take a good look at it maybe buy it.

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone see Fight Club when Narrator has to pick his bag up for security because they thought he had an "electric razor" in his bag? My guess is its 5300 "electric razors."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech