Google Pixel 2

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link mountainman. :D

There are only 2 things for me that the Pixel 2 MUST have otherwise i won't purchase. The first thing is portability. i love the smaller 5.0" inch Pixel. Sure its nice to have a massive 5.5" inch or bigger screen for watching videos and absorbing content, but it makes the device really big. (in my opinion)

The second would have to be better battery life. I think the Pixel is OK. its not fantastic but its not so little that it cant get you through the day. If they upped it to 3,100mAh i think that would be awesome! Just giving you those extra 2 hours makes a big difference.

Im really happy that they are focusing on improving the camera. Low light photography is so nice.

"the Pixel 2’s camera will be a major focus for the Mountain View company. Our source says that, specifically, Google is aiming to master low light photography with the next-generation device." - 9to5google

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I want some boomsound stereo speakers back.
I don't expect Google to make any substantial changes to the Pixel design. Changing too much in year two would amount to quietly admitting that the 2016 Pixels were something of a hit and a miss*, and it would also make the Pixel line look no more consistent or different than the Nexus line before it. Sad to say, if I do need to replace my Nexus 6 this year, it's most likely not going to be with any Google-branded phone because the 2017 Pixels aren't gonna go beyond 5.5" displays or sport FFSSs.

[*FWIW, I took that guff about the Pixels being a rush job because of last minute changes to be marketing smoke and mirrors--a head-em-off-at-the-pass attempt to explain away reviewers' criticisms.]

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
increase in price though...Hmm...

Yeah, never nice to hear prices going up especially when its already a hefty price. Hopefully when it launches it will be the same price and they will just discount the previous pixel and make it more affordable. Plus i did hear some rumbling about a cheaper alternative to the Pixel from Google.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I feel that while the Pixels are nice, and while different markets are different, the pricing is a bit too high for me. If Pixel2 is pricier, then it goes from "might consider, if I have some extra cash" to "too expensive". It's a thin line, but seriously, you can get almost as good specs for a fraction of the cost with One Plus...

booster_gold

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think the increase in price comes because of whatever those extra features are...like, you know...a calculator. that is worth the extra $50 by itself.

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
We need pics! I might be on the own but I think the Pixel is lacking aesthetically so I hope they change the look up. It is good to hear they're working on a more affordable version, a company like google should be able to cater to every market.

booster_gold

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think they probably will change up the design some since they have a lot more lead up time in the making of this phone in comparuson to the rush job they did with the Pixel when Huawei balked at the proposal and they went to HTC.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect Google to make any substantial changes to the Pixel design. Changing too much in year two would amount to quietly admitting that the 2016 Pixels were something of a hit and a miss*, and it would also make the Pixel line look no more consistent or different than the Nexus line before it. Sad to say, if I do need to replace my Nexus 6 this year, it's most likely not going to be with any Google-branded phone because the 2017 Pixels aren't gonna go beyond 5.5" displays or sport FFSSs.

[*FWIW, I took that guff about the Pixels being a rush job because of last minute changes to be marketing smoke and mirrors--a head-em-off-at-the-pass attempt to explain away reviewers' criticisms.]

Yeah I've came to the realization that if I want to upgrade from my Nexus 6....It won't be from Google unfortunately. I may go the Samsung route this year.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I want wireless charging back. It may be slow, but I love having my phone on my charger on my table next to my bed

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'll only consider the Pixel 2 if there's a XL version with near 6" screen, 64 GB option, dual front speakers and doesn't have the glass back.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Actually, I'd like them to reuse the same shape so that cases could work between generations, like the iPhone.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Actually, I'd like them to reuse the same shape so that cases could work between generations, like the iPhone.
Yep. Another good argument for minimal changes showing up in 2017. Google's not as locked in to a form factor as Moto is because of those Moto mods, but I'd imagine plenty current Pixel owners are invested in accessories, like Google's own live cases, that wouldn't be friendly to many design changes.