Samsung Galaxy "X"

SHIVA77

Banned
Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I looked for a Galaxy X forum and didn't find it. So am starting a thread on my current phone's Note Edge forum.

I think the upcoming Samsung Galaxy X, folding phone could be my next phone.
Keep in mind that the info about this phone is sketchy and the image that I attached below can't be trusted as the final or even real.
Frankly the phone when folded seems too thick, I think Samsung Galaxy X folding phone will fold flat, unless they plan to make two versions of it.
samsung-galaxy-x-specs-features-and-release-date-of-samsungs-foldable-phablet.png

Some of the info on this new phone suggest that the phone folds with the screens out like this image.

Brevet-samsung-galaxy-X.jpg

Basically this could be one of the hottest new elite phones. By elite phone, I mean low production, experimental and expensive (like our Note Edge).

What do you guys think?

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I think it's great that phones like this are potentially being built and experimented with, but I'm not that fussed on it right now. For me the only thing it adds, is portability. Maybe if i was given a real life example of when this foldable screen would really benefit me over the 'standard' phone then i would be more excited for it. :)

offsidebowler

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
Damn are they really working on this? It seems more like a patent they file 'just in case' rather than it being something they're going to imminently release. What would be the point in it?

MikeyBugs95

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Frankly I think that it's near worthless as an actual phone at this time. Maybe in a few years when technology and material science has advanced considerably. At the moment, I can't see any potential use for this as a consumer product. Military? I can definitely see a use if weight and thickness can be kept low [as low as possible] but durability high [as high as possible]. I also don't seem how they can overcome the problem of having a flexible screen and possibly flexible electronic components that can withstand years of being folded and opened.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non