New htc or motorola devices for verizon?

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible we could see any new htc or motorola devices this year other than the thunderbolt, incredible 2 or the bionic?

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
That and the Targa, Droid X2 (which may be the same as the Targa) from Motorola. Not sure about HTC, but I'd like to see a variant on the Sensation/Pyramid.

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm more or less the same, really want to see something cutting edge from HTC to come out on Verizon. That said, the Motorola devices seem cheap to me, I don't know, just never been a fan and still not sure why everyone bashes sense (ignorance is bliss on my part maybe). Evo was a huge grab for Sprint when it came out, iPhone was a lame grab for Verizon.

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm due in July, and frankly I am underwhelmed about the choices that we've heard about.

I feel the same. My OG Droid is showing its age. Need to replace it soon, but VZW just isn't offering up anything compelling.

In the meantime, we're seeing Sprint get a Nexus, T-mo getting a good stock Android, etc...

What's better? a good phone on a bad network, or a less-than-great phone on the best network?

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same. My OG Droid is showing its age. Need to replace it soon, but VZW just isn't offering up anything compelling.

In the meantime, we're seeing Sprint get a Nexus, T-mo getting a good stock Android, etc...

What's better? a good phone on a bad network, or a less-than-great phone on the best network?
I'm in the same boat.
I've had my OGD since it first came on the scene (come to think of it, I was the seventh person to get one in Las Vegas, NV ), and I'm up for a new phone in July as well.
But I have yet to see anything that Verizon is pumping out peak my interest in any way.
Maybe the Targa, Bionic, or D3 will be worth while (but only if they're dual and full of vanilla goodness and transform into a weapon of mass destruction).
transformer_gun-2431.gif

Last edited:

rutkind

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding out for a dual core LTE Verizon phone. Cause just as everyone else said there is nothing compelling that is available now

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd love a dual core LTE device. I was waiting on Bionic and now it looks like that isn't happening. Really wish HTC would announce one that would come out before Fall. My Storm drives me nuts every day and I badly want to upgrade and finally be done with Blackberry.

cq

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I also have the OG Droid and really want a vanilla device to come out on Verizon. Vanilla may be more important to me than LTE or dual core, though those are also enticing. I was somewhat interested in the Bionic, but again, really want vanilla. I have been flirting with the idea of jumping to TMobile or Sprint for the Nexus S, but I have finally resolved to wait for Google IO and see what is released, if anything, and then make my choice.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I also have the OG Droid and really want a vanilla device to come out on Verizon. Vanilla may be more important to me than LTE or dual core, though those are also enticing. I was somewhat interested in the Bionic, but again, really want vanilla. I have been flirting with the idea of jumping to TMobile or Sprint for the Nexus S, but I have finally resolved to wait for Google IO and see what is released, if anything, and then make my choice.

I'm the same boat. It's time for me to upgrade from my OG Droid, and I've been toying with the idea of making the jump to T-Mobile or Sprint. I really like the G2x, and from what I hear it's a vanilla device. If it went to Sprint, I'd be jumping ship for sure. I like their plans better than T-Mobile. Still, as a ten-year Verizon customer, it's difficult for me to just leave the best SERVICE....

ttopformula88

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Wait or not?

I have and original Blackberry storm. I am so unbelievable sick of this phone. I swear it gets worse everyday. I was very excited for the bionic release but because of the recent news I am now undecided what i am doing.. I am tempted to jump onto the Charge or the thunderbolt. Any suggestions??
Thanks

Roose00

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
revolution does look good. LG hasnt really made much a big splash in the "super-smartphone" realm yet.

having a summer/fall upgrade option is ideal for verizon. should see what is happening with all platforms (BB, apple, android). but dual core seems to be a must if I am going to be choosing a phone for the next 20 months. LTE is a close second to dual core

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I am just hoping for something 4" instead of the 4.3" with LTE..heres to hoping for something....
fingersx.gif

Thus my desire for the G2x.... Of course, I talked to T-Mobile last night, and they said they would give me TWO of their new "Unlimited" Plans with a 15% discount, so $68 apiece. Before everyone jumps all over me saying, "They won't do that," I was under the same impression so I asked him to clarify. I told him I thought the discount did not apply to unlimited plans, but he assured me I could do it with this one. It's almost worth the $320 I'd need to buy out my contracts on my two smartphones on Verizon. Unless someone wants to buy out the last six months? LOL

Bryan

oresteez

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thus my desire for the G2x.... Of course, I talked to T-Mobile last night, and they said they would give me TWO of their new "Unlimited" Plans with a 15% discount, so $68 apiece. Before everyone jumps all over me saying, "They won't do that," I was under the same impression so I asked him to clarify. I told him I thought the discount did not apply to unlimited plans, but he assured me I could do it with this one. It's almost worth the $320 I'd need to buy out my contracts on my two smartphones on Verizon. Unless someone wants to buy out the last six months? LOL

Bryan

Just make sure you are aware of how much data you normally use and how much you intend to use...

Unlimited with Tmobile isnt really "unlimited".

I forget if the magic number is 5 or 10 GB..but once you go over that number, they throttle your speeds down to basically dial up speed for the rest of your billing cycle.

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure you are aware of how much data you normally use and how much you intend to use...

Unlimited with Tmobile isnt really "unlimited".

I forget if the magic number is 5 or 10 GB..but once you go over that number, they throttle your speeds down to basically dial up speed for the rest of your billing cycle.

Yeah, that's why I put it in quotes. I think that with that particular "unlimited plan", it's capped at 2GB before the throttle occurs. I've never used more than a gig because cable internet is still so cheap. Good looking out, though.

Bryan

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I have the Thunderbolt and I'm "happy" with that. The LG Revolution should be a nice device to own, if you really want a dual core cpu.

I just want the HTC Flyer, or something wifi only like the Eee Pad Transformer. Never was a fan of the MotoDroid line.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae