A headphone jack is significant to me... So not having one would be a dealbreaker.
    Lets hope that they don't all follow Moto and Apple
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-22-2017 09:46 AM
    But stock Android directs where Android is going, and like I said high quality various types of aptx are coming to Android and that surely will make ditching the audio headphones audio port way more justified for manufactors although I don't think lg will be willing to loose one of its best qualities on the v series
    Thanks for the clarification
    Joaquim Santos likes this.
    03-22-2017 09:47 AM
    Exactly.. More screen size but with smaller body. Using the benefit of the screen ratio.
    To which I already mentioned "keep the V30 the same footprint with larger screen"
    03-22-2017 09:55 AM
    You can run great audio through USB C ... No reason they'd have to abandon their quad DAC tech, etc.
    Perhaps, don't know. But...I assume there are adapters to make my current wired Shure phones work in a USB-C jack? Because I'm not throwing them away. That adds quite a bit to the cost of the phone. A $5 adapter--that I can deal with.
    03-22-2017 12:25 PM
    Perhaps, don't know. But...I assume there are adapters to make my current wired Shure phones work in a USB-C jack? Because I'm not throwing them away. That adds quite a bit to the cost of the phone. A $5 adapter--that I can deal with.
    USB C to 3.5 mm adapter, yes. Moto included one for free, not sure if the V30 would.
    03-22-2017 12:34 PM
    Don't forget HTC.
    03-22-2017 02:47 PM
    Don't think so, I won't buy any phone without a headphone jack.
    03-22-2017 02:56 PM
    Yeah wouldn't really matter to me as I generally only use Bluetooth headphones.
    Jeyd02 likes this.
    03-22-2017 03:57 PM
    USB C to 3.5 mm adapter, yes. Moto included one for free, not sure if the V30 would.
    So, what then is the big deal? Yawn. The workaround seems pretty simple.
    03-22-2017 04:30 PM
    So, what then is the big deal? Yawn. The workaround seems pretty simple.
    Currently need a different adapter to be able to charge and listen to music (wired) at the same time. Otherwise, there really isn't one. And if you're already in love with BT, there definitely isn't one.
    03-22-2017 04:33 PM
    I only care about the ir blaster. If it's gone I go back to Samsung or iPhone
    03-22-2017 04:45 PM
    I use Bose qlink 25 headphones , they work Bluetooth but should the battery die they come with a cord to use them as traditional headphones , as for battery life they last about 27 hours of use on a charge , my Samsung tablet when Bluetooth is turned on dies in about 3 hours , my iPad with Bluetooth handles Bluetooth no problem and gets pretty much normal battery life , my iPod does as well , however with iPod if you access the Internet it dies quickly .
    03-22-2017 05:37 PM
    For sure! I love the Moto Z series but its lack of headphone jack is sad.
    03-22-2017 05:44 PM
    I almost never use my audio jack, and rely on Bluetooth instead for voice calls, music, and more. The only use for the jack is when you dock the device and wish to connect to the input on an amplifier, or computer. Even that I can circumvent with Bluetooth.... The main problem with losing the jack, as that an audio jack is a more than just audio. It is a four-pole digital interface for both input, and output. The audio jack on many devices also allows accessories that have nothing to do with audio.
    03-22-2017 06:14 PM
    Currently need a different adapter to be able to charge and listen to music (wired) at the same time. Otherwise, there really isn't one. And if you're already in love with BT, there definitely isn't one.
    I'm idly wondering how many people listen wired while charging now. The wire, of course, means you can only sit by the charger. That seems pretty inconvenient. But in any event, I'm sure it will disrupt someone, so I guess those folks will care.

Good answer though--I can't see it affecting me much. About the only time it might affect me is if I'm on a plane charging with an ext. batt pack and trying to listen at the same time. Even then, I'm usually going to bring my bluetooth noise canceling headphones. If I'm charging while listening, it's almost always over bluetooth. They have a long battery life, too. Even a trip to China doesn't bother them much.
    Yesterday 08:49 AM
    I'm idly wondering how many people listen wired while charging now. The wire, of course, means you can only sit by the charger. That seems pretty inconvenient. But in any event, I'm sure it will disrupt someone, so I guess those folks will care.

Good answer though--I can't see it affecting me much. About the only time it might affect me is if I'm on a plane charging with an ext. batt pack and trying to listen at the same time. Even then, I'm usually going to bring my bluetooth noise canceling headphones. If I'm charging while listening, it's almost always over bluetooth.
    I do it while driving on long road trips sometimes, but otherwise, I don't do that at all.
    Yesterday 08:52 AM
    For sure! I love the Moto Z series but its lack of headphone jack is sad.
    The Z Play has one.

The Play is arguably the best version of the Z you can get if you really don't care about specs and you aren't on Verizon.

Day-to-day performance is very good and as a great bonus, you get absolutely insane battery life. 2 days of use with 10 hours of on-screen time with moderate usage is pretty easy to achieve.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    Yesterday 09:25 AM
    The Z Play has one.

The Play is arguably the best version of the Z you can get if you really don't care about specs and you aren't on Verizon.

Day-to-day performance is very good and as a great bonus, you get absolutely insane battery life. 2 days of use with 10 hours of on-screen time with moderate usage is pretty easy to achieve.
    Thank you for clarifying! I was curious if the Play had one or not - I knew the Z flagship doesn't - so thanks for that! I'd actually grab the Play over the Force if given the choice! And that sounds like a great battery experience to boot!
    Yesterday 10:47 AM
118 ... 345