If it sounds familiar, it should. Last seen as a Windows Mobile phone, we've heard that the model's being retooled with new hardware and may well be an Android phone on Verizon.

News at 11.
    04-23-2011 10:44 PM
    Has Toshiba released a smartphone on ANY carrier that has been a must own?
    04-23-2011 11:15 PM
    Eh, the TG01 was pushing it.

If you never heard of it it really was a dream device when it launched. At the time the specs were mindblowing, even today they're decent/standard.
    04-24-2011 05:18 AM
    Has Toshiba released a smartphone on ANY carrier that has been a must own?
    Not in the United States. Overseas, though, definitely.

If you never heard of it it really was a dream device when it launched. At the time the specs were mindblowing, even today they're decent/standard.
    And lighter than just about anything.
    04-24-2011 09:45 AM
    Hey, look at the screen shots it was stock 6.5.....If it happens to run a vanilla form of Android I would recommend that to friends on Verizon, that is if they don't want the bionic or Incredible 2.
    04-24-2011 10:22 AM
    Hopefully it's stock. I'm willing to bet it'll be extraordinary hardware coupled with half-baked software. But if it's unlockable, that might not matter.
    04-24-2011 11:32 AM
    If its built anywhere near as tough as my 5-year-old Satellite laptop and runs stock Android, I can see it being a great device for business users or people that just want a phone that works and holds up to their lifestyle. I can really speak for Toshiba's build quality. I just hope they pick a decent screen and don't mess with the software, those are areas they have never really excelled at.
    05-01-2011 12:54 PM
    This specific model was scrapped, but toshiba is making a different one probably
    05-22-2011 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD