LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG V30 almost guaranteed OLED

I really hope they keep the removable battery, the V20 has me so spoiled with being able to go from 10% or 15 % to 100% in less than 2 minutes.
Me too but we can just expect it to be gone and if they keep that feature alive, we owe it to LG to support them for it. Removable battery with all the other features would just be the icing on the cake.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

That too. Chances are, I'll be keeping my V20 for quite a while as manufacturers seem to be taking away more and more features I want and use.
Agreed. I love ir blaster. I prefer 16/9 ratio since it is what tv's are. I like flat screen. I wish they replaced 2nd screen with multicolor led notifications but that is another feature soon to be gone in the Android world.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I've always liked LCD better but whatever...

If it a good phone I'll take it. Burn in is my only real worry.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I'm pumped LG is finally going oled but I'm thinking we're gonna lose the removable battery on the v30. If that's the case, I'll be taking a look at the pixel 2, note 8 and moto z2 force. I might even do the unthinkable and just hold onto the v20 for two years since it's still performing like a champ.

I would still go with the V30 over your other choices but staying with the V20 is a great option.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

Unless every manufacturer removes headphone jacks from their devices, I will never buy one.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: If the V30 loses its Headphone Jack, will you still buy it?

I know I won't buy any phone without a headphone jack.

Nope, if that's the case, goodbye LG! They're going to be like HTC and go from the best Android smartphone to the most unpopular cellphone manufacture. HTC actually is underperforming in sales, all because they are trying to mimic Apple with no headphone jack and copy Samsung with an all shiney glass design. Manufactures need to LISTEN to the consumers.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Just saw that Google Daydream will be supported by LG's "next flagship phone", which is almost guaranteed to be the V30, but you never know. Since daydream only supports OLED at the moment, I'm quite sure it will be an OLER screen of some kind (most likely AMOLED, but I'm not the best with screen information.)

OLED is beautiful, however it'll make me nervous when using brightness at 100% (keyboard is going to burn in for sure) especially when using navigation apps. I wouldn't mind it though.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I agree that we will lose the removable battery. I don't really mind that. I'm also pretty sure that they will drop the IR blaster too and that does concern me. I really like having that feature.

Removable battery is useful to some. Especially those who use their device at 100% brightness and on their feet all day with no access to wall outlet. Looking forward to using my V20 batteries on my upcoming vacation trip.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Just saw that Google Daydream will be supported by LG's "next flagship phone", which is almost guaranteed to be the V30, but you never know. Since daydream only supports OLED at the moment, I'm quite sure it will be an OLER screen of some kind (most likely AMOLED, but I'm not the best with screen information.)

Looked at the V30 screen leak and the shape looks like the V10 design. I prefer the V20 design much better.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Fine with me if it happens. Can't wait to see what the V30 brings. I'm going to hold out until it drops. Hopefully. Lol

+1

I have a feeling the LG V30 is going to be something really special. Otherwise Google wouldn't have mentioned it. I would be quite happy to see AMOLED on their next flagship. LCD displays definitely have their pros but AMOLED is always the winner for me 😃

Now we just have to wait and see! I'm sure we will definitely see a rival to the Galaxy S8 in the bezel department.

Attachments

• 12633.jpg
    12633.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 25

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
See the V30 patented design concept!

This was submitted by LG back in 2016. The design shows a camera and speaker combination in the top center (from my speculation), and two second screens split in-between, giving it a more symmetrical look. The rest of the body shows a similar bezelless design like the G6 and S8. What's your thoughts on this design? Do you think LG will go with this design? I personally think it's cool. Just hope LG KEEPS all current features from the V20 and doesn't remove any of it (the removable battery especially). I'm more for practicality, flexibility, and functionality, but looks do matter a bit however shouldn't matter more than the features. We need something useful and different than current offerings (again, removable battery, dual cameras, 2nd screen, quad DAC, etc) otherwise it'll just be another phablet smartphone with no features but looks pretty (ahem, HTC U11).

lg-v30-patent-hero-1000x568.jpglg-v30-patent-1.jpglg-v30-patent-a.jpg

Mr Mendelli

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: See the V30 patented design concept!

These are beeeut-i-ful. If the second screen is split with a centered camera, I would love that. Thanks for the share!

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG V30 renders leaked!

Blackberry is that you? 😃 haha.

I don't really see the point of having another screen right below a already big screen. Seems a big odd. BUT, that being said, if LG did actually release something like this, I would first have to hear their reasoning behind it before I start making decisions. I love the concept of a slider but a keyboard would have been nicer 😃 We need more sliders!

mltvolfan

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
LG V30 Rumored to Have Slide Out Secondary Display

Kind of like the Blackberry Priv, but instead of a slide out keyboard, it would have a slide out display. What do all you V20 owners think about this concept? Would this make you want to upgrade to the V30? I think this is an interesting idea, and look forward to finding out if the V30 actually includes this feature. It would definitely make it a unique phone in a sea of similar iPhones and Galaxies.

Early LG V30 design shown off in leaked images

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon