Just saw that Google Daydream will be supported by LG's "next flagship phone", which is almost guaranteed to be the V30, but you never know. Since daydream only supports OLED at the moment, I'm quite sure it will be an OLER screen of some kind (most likely AMOLED, but I'm not the best with screen information.)
    05-17-2017 02:36 PM
    I hope so. Having LCD for the v10 and v20 and returning to oled with the S8 is like night and day.

Love me some oled
    05-17-2017 02:56 PM
    If it is the V30 with OLED, I'm sure it's going to look really good. That's the device I'm waiting to upgrade to, from my V20.

Although... I like the V20's screen a lot and it's nice that I don't have to worry about screen burn it. With the OLED, the potential for burn in will be present... Hoping LG can really minimize this.
    05-17-2017 03:40 PM
    Well boo. I prefer my phones without burn in, thank you very much. Not to mention I also just like the cooler color of LCD's.
    05-17-2017 03:41 PM
    Well boo. I prefer my phones without burn in, thank you very much. Not to mention I also just like the cooler color of LCD's.
    Ditto.... But it's the way of the future. What I'm afraid is we are going to lose a few more things we like.
    05-17-2017 03:50 PM
    Yay for deep, true blacks.
    05-17-2017 03:52 PM
    Ditto.... But it's the way of the future. What I'm afraid is we are going to lose a few more things we like.
    That too. Chances are, I'll be keeping my V20 for quite a while as manufacturers seem to be taking away more and more features I want and use.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-17-2017 03:55 PM
    Sheesh. I'm a sucker for OLEDs. If I can get OLED and not have to switch to Samsung...
    frope01 likes this.
    05-17-2017 04:32 PM
    Fine with me if it happens. Can't wait to see what the V30 brings. I'm going to hold out until it drops. Hopefully. Lol
    05-17-2017 07:17 PM
    I never thought I'd say this but I've been converted to OLED.

I can never get too obsessed with the deep blacks and potential power saving gains.

Considering Google's Daydream push along with dark themes now bring a thing on LG phones, it kinda makes complete sense to make the move, especially since LG has garnered quite a bit of experience with making OLED panels for their TVs.

As for the color temperature, I hope it's tweakable like the Galaxy S8.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-17-2017 08:32 PM
    I'm pumped LG is finally going oled but I'm thinking we're gonna lose the removable battery on the v30. If that's the case, I'll be taking a look at the pixel 2, note 8 and moto z2 force. I might even do the unthinkable and just hold onto the v20 for two years since it's still performing like a champ.
    RaRa85 and recDNA like this.
    05-18-2017 04:42 AM
    I'm pumped LG is finally going oled but I'm thinking we're gonna lose the removable battery on the v30. If that's the case, I'll be taking a look at the pixel 2, note 8 and moto z2 force. I might even do the unthinkable and just hold onto the v20 for two years since it's still performing like a champ.
    I agree that we will lose the removable battery. I don't really mind that. I'm also pretty sure that they will drop the IR blaster too and that does concern me. I really like having that feature.
    05-18-2017 12:48 PM
    I agree that we will lose the removable battery. I don't really mind that. I'm also pretty sure that they will drop the IR blaster too and that does concern me. I really like having that feature.
    I really hope they keep the removable battery, the V20 has me so spoiled with being able to go from 10% or 15 % to 100% in less than 2 minutes.
    RaRa85 and flyingkytez like this.
    05-18-2017 10:29 PM
    Google also sunk a fortune into LG's display tech - would make sense for LG to use it for their own devices, in addition to potentially supplying displays to other OEMs.
    05-19-2017 08:56 AM
    Have you guys/gals seen LG's OLED TV's?!? They are unbelievably AMAZING!! When I got my Samsung JS8500 65", the only other TV that blew it away was the LG OLED but they wanted 8K for it. Way too expensive for me but I see one in my near future when their prices drop. Def glad they may finally be using this display tech on their mobile devices!
    05-19-2017 10:21 AM
    Have you guys/gals seen LG's OLED TV's?!? They are unbelievably AMAZING!! When I got my Samsung JS8500 65", the only other TV that blew it away was the LG OLED but they wanted 8K for it. Way too expensive for me but I see one in my near future when their prices drop. Def glad they may finally be using this display tech on their mobile devices!
    LG's OLED TVs are a sight to behold.

The picture quality with that infinite contrast and HDR compatibility is just stunning. It's one of those TVs that you really have to see in person.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    05-19-2017 08:52 PM
    I really hope they keep the removable battery, the V20 has me so spoiled with being able to go from 10% or 15 % to 100% in less than 2 minutes.
    Me too but we can just expect it to be gone and if they keep that feature alive, we owe it to LG to support them for it. Removable battery with all the other features would just be the icing on the cake.
    PAC757 likes this.
    05-19-2017 10:19 PM
    That too. Chances are, I'll be keeping my V20 for quite a while as manufacturers seem to be taking away more and more features I want and use.
    Agreed. I love ir blaster. I prefer 16/9 ratio since it is what tv's are. I like flat screen. I wish they replaced 2nd screen with multicolor led notifications but that is another feature soon to be gone in the Android world.
    05-21-2017 11:12 AM
    I've always liked LCD better but whatever...

If it a good phone I'll take it. Burn in is my only real worry.
    05-21-2017 11:21 AM
    I would still go with the V30 over your other choices but staying with the V20 is a great option.
    05-22-2017 06:44 AM
    Just saw that Google Daydream will be supported by LG's "next flagship phone", which is almost guaranteed to be the V30, but you never know. Since daydream only supports OLED at the moment, I'm quite sure it will be an OLER screen of some kind (most likely AMOLED, but I'm not the best with screen information.)
    OLED is beautiful, however it'll make me nervous when using brightness at 100% (keyboard is going to burn in for sure) especially when using navigation apps. I wouldn't mind it though.
    05-25-2017 04:21 PM
    Removable battery is useful to some. Especially those who use their device at 100% brightness and on their feet all day with no access to wall outlet. Looking forward to using my V20 batteries on my upcoming vacation trip.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-25-2017 04:23 PM
    Looked at the V30 screen leak and the shape looks like the V10 design. I prefer the V20 design much better.
    recDNA likes this.
    05-25-2017 04:25 PM
    Looked at the V30 screen leak and the shape looks like the V10 design. I prefer the V20 design much better.
    Which leak are you referring to?
    05-26-2017 09:04 AM
    Fine with me if it happens. Can't wait to see what the V30 brings. I'm going to hold out until it drops. Hopefully. Lol
    +1

I have a feeling the LG V30 is going to be something really special. Otherwise Google wouldn't have mentioned it. I would be quite happy to see AMOLED on their next flagship. LCD displays definitely have their pros but AMOLED is always the winner for me 😃

Now we just have to wait and see! I'm sure we will definitely see a rival to the Galaxy S8 in the bezel department.
    Attached Thumbnails LG V30 almost guaranteed OLED-12633.jpg  
    05-26-2017 12:40 PM
33 12