LG V30 Leaks and Rumors

Should the next LG V30 feature a removable battery?

• Total voters

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: LG V30 Rumored to Have Slide Out Secondary Display

I love it. It's a much better, reimagined LG Chocolate phone with better desing in 2017. I hope its true. Depending on what they keep from the V20 and the battery capacity I will most likely upgrade even though I really like my V20.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Oh god, that's terrible. I hope they don't do that. I don't like that one bit.

IHateMyTreo

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

stupidest idea ever. So they want to take all of the great quick access soft keys, notifications and options and bury it in a hidden screen? That you have to press some release button to access? It will never happen.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Looks like an LG G5 concept. Terrible idea, reminded me of those bar phones that slide open. There was a patent application showing what the V30 might look like and it looks way better than this.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Mod note: moved from V20 forum to Upcoming/Rumored Devices forum.

Murph5150

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
This has a target release date of September. Whatever LG has up its sleeve, the near-release of the iPhone 8 will make the market extremely competitive.

I've owned Android since it hit the shelves and I've never deviated to Blackberry, Windows, or iOS. The most recent review from Techno Buffalo (it won't paste the link) gives it a full write-up and makes no mention of the secondary screen. Hopefully that's erring on the side of making that feature disappear.

This fall we'll have some pretty good choices to choose from. Sorry guys, but if the iPhone 8 is endowed with a large enough battery capable of > 3,500 mAh or more, that might be my next daily driver. I have two Android phones now, so I'd still keep one Android device. As time gets closer, and reviews become more accurate, my decision will be more conclusive. Until then, may the best company win.

Ejjba

Dec 25, 2015
Visit site

All I can think of slide out screen something else to break or get stuck thats not software. Lol

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: LG V30 almost guaranteed OLED

OLED is beautiful, however it'll make me nervous when using brightness at 100% (keyboard is going to burn in for sure) especially when using navigation apps. I wouldn't mind it though.
I have had this Note 5 for 16 months and no burn in yet. Usually I see it where the notification bar is.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm reserving my opinion till I see the real deal. With how awesome the G6 is I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Great, another phone that won't receive timely updates because of some half baked idea.

Not a fan of that idea at all. The V series is already a big phone, why would you make it uncomfortably large???

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Great, another phone that won't receive timely updates because of some half baked idea.

Not a fan of that idea at all. The V series is already a big phone, why would you make it uncomfortably large???

If you're not buying Google, "timely" updates shouldn't be high on your criteria.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Wow, def looks like LG is incorporating their TV tech into the V30 display in that pic! As with everything, I won't consider it until I see it in person.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I have had this Note 5 for 16 months and no burn in yet. Usually I see it where the notification bar is.

I've had my Note 4 for over 2 1/2 years and there's burn in all over this screen. Too bad too because I like this phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

That 6gb ram with 128gb storage always seems to only be available in the Asian market because apparently they demand it. I DEMAND IT TOO! I love ir blaster but would give it up for the extra ram to make the phone fly.

MittenSportsFan

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site

I know LG is fighting an uphill battle against apple and Samsung and Google so they have to think outside the box.
But these gimmicky phones that they abandon after a failed launch totally erodes confidence in the brand.
How's that modular G5 system going?

I love my V10. I haven't had the boot loop issues that many complain about (knock on wood).

I am a heavy user with well over 8 hours of screen on time per day so I have to have removable battery.
I have 3 batteries and two chargers.
One battery and charger by bedside, one set in the car and one in the phone.

Until a phone comes along with quick change batteries that is superior to V10 I won't change.

LG should just make a very good Flagship phone that is top of the line in specs and build on it like Google has done with Pixel.
Stop switching gimmicks every year and abandoning those that invested in previous phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I don't think this hardware design will have an impact on updates

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I know LG is fighting an uphill battle against apple and Samsung and Google so they have to think outside the box.
But these gimmicky phones that they abandon after a failed launch totally erodes confidence in the brand.
How's that modular G5 system going?

I love my V10. I haven't had the boot loop issues that many complain about (knock on wood).

I am a heavy user with well over 8 hours of screen on time per day so I have to have removable battery.
I have 3 batteries and two chargers.
One battery and charger by bedside, one set in the car and one in the phone.

Until a phone comes along with quick change batteries that is superior to V10 I won't change.

LG should just make a very good Flagship phone that is top of the line in specs and build on it like Google has done with Pixel.
Stop switching gimmicks every year and abandoning those that invested in previous phone.

Gimmicks sometimes turn into selling features that people like so it's not all bad.

LG was one of the 1st with dual rear cameras and now everyone is getting into the act.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci