1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Default samsung at&t event thoughts

What do you all think they will reveal at the event?
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

SII.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I would like to see a Nexus S model for AT&T, but we shall see

ROM
    Stock

The inspire 4G.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

i would kiss the ground at&t walked on if it were the Nexus S. i really want one and if the right deal comes along, i may just trade my atrix for it. i love my atrix, but i started out with the nexus one and just wanted to stay with it, especially now that samsung made it and the screen on it is probably insane like my samsung focus (wp7).
    CrackBerry Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | Tech Enthusiast

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

and to answer... i think it'll be the infuse 4g.

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    The inspire 4G.
    don't you mean infuse 4g? lol. the inspire is already out... htc.
    Thanked by:
    Jalarm 

ROM
    Stock

Damn sorry. I get those 2 confused all the time. Thanks.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duvi View Post
    i would kiss the ground at&t walked on if it were the Nexus S. i really want one and if the right deal comes along, i may just trade my atrix for it. i love my atrix, but i started out with the nexus one and just wanted to stay with it, especially now that samsung made it and the screen on it is probably insane like my samsung focus (wp7).
    Well said man! I hope it is a Nexus S with at least a 4g radio.

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Damn sorry. I get those 2 confused all the time. Thanks.
    lol... don't worry, my buddy did the same. i was confused for a minute until he said samsung.

I think it will be the Infuse 4G, but its also possible the Nexus S can be announced with it too.

Nexus S code number i9020A is already available in Canada. In Guam, they're already selling i9020A in both white and black --- can you imagine, a white Nexus S? The current US version is i9020T, the suffix being for T-Mobile.

I think its possible that AT&T will carry the SGSII later. The phone has a quad band 3G frequency that includes the ones AT&T is using, making the transition swift to the US. But its not likely that AT&T will announce it right now, lest it will make people hold off on potential Infuse and Nexus S purchases. Osborne effect you know.

An AT&T and Samsung announcement will put heavy pressure on Verizon to release Droid Charge this week. Verizon has to announce Droid Charge soon given that retailers have already stocked it and you don't want them teed off, and you don't want Droid Charge to overlap with Droid X2's and LG Revolution's release. Verizon needs to announce Droid Charge after Droid Incredible 2 and Casio Commando but before LG Revolution and Droid X2 hits the market.

Oh, for those who have owned the black Nexus S, the white Nexus S is a dozy. It has this pearl like finish, and unlike the black model, there is a gritty surface on the back to help make the phone less slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by tcfreak20 View Post
    Well said man! I hope it is a Nexus S with at least a 4g radio.
    Why would you want a Nexus S over a SGII? Because it is vanilla android? I think I'd take the SGII (even with touchwiz) over a Nexus S because of the better specs (super amolded plus screen and dual core).

Global Posts
    19,860 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcesq06 View Post
    Why would you want a Nexus S over a SGII? Because it is vanilla android? I think I'd take the SGII (even with touchwiz) over a Nexus S because of the better specs (super amolded plus screen and dual core).
    why not? the vanilla experience may be all he wants. the device doesn't even have a U.S. release date. i like the 4 inch screen and the fact that all updates will come to that device first. i also like the device itself, the aesthetics as well as the icons. i can not stand the UI or touchwiz.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

I would like to see the Nexus S (mabye with a HSPA+ radio), but I highly doubt it, it is not locked down enough for at&t.

I prefer vanilla Android for many reasons, not the least of which I do not want to rely on the manufacturer to provide timely updates.

While El Goog's sense of timing is off (weeks equal months and days equals weeks), I much prefer that to Samsung's inability to get FroYo out the door for the Galaxy S series.

Dan
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dcesq06 View Post
    Because i am not expecting the SG2 to be announced tomorrow. I expect it to be something else.

Tomorrow its Infuse and on 24th event, its SG2...Now I am confused whether to buy Infuse or wait for another month or so for SG2...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts

If they released either device with stock android i would jump on it but the fact that I can't stand touchwiz makes me not want it.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi