Next Galaxy S names for the carriers?

SUB-dawg

Nexus Lover
Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So the galaxy s 2 was announced and it shouldn't be long until we see it coming to US carriers. We have seen these but are there any other ideas?

In 2010 we had the Epic, Captivate, Fascinate, Mesmerize, and the Vibrant.

My favorite that I can think of are the Stimulate and Tantalize! :)

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea, the names were epic, in a funny way. lol.

Samsung's pushing the Galaxy S a little stronger. So I expect to hear US availability for the Galaxy S II and the Galaxy Tabs in the May 25th event. I am excited about this and will probably pay full retail for it on Verizon. ;)

Crossing my fingers for the phone specs to stay intact, but with 4G LTE. Sadly, it'll probably be thicker than the GSII unlocked. But if anyone can engineer a phone to as slim as possible, it's Samsung

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Thing is that they will want to keep the same factors of the US phones like the Epic has a Qwerty keyboard. Why go from one then get rid of it? I love that the phone has a Qwerty keyboard. Sprint needs to get LTE already WiMax sucks and we always knew that.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thing is that they will want to keep the same factors of the US phones like the Epic has a Qwerty keyboard. Why go from one then get rid of it? I love that the phone has a Qwerty keyboard. Sprint needs to get LTE already WiMax sucks and we always knew that.

I agree with you on the keyboard eventhough I am trying to get use to the touchscreen one just in case Sprint drops it. Like the Evo line Maybe they can go with the Epic & Epic Shift/Slide.

I dont agree with wimax sucks. I mean its not 20mbs but it still does the job. Files and apps for the phone aren't to big right now. But with the 4gb jump for apps they do need to step it up. I had saw this video before and Wimax was pushing 70mbs. Now tjat was in there mobile unit and I'm sure that was a direct link and not thru Sprints network but from that test i don't really think its slow. Just imo..

I would keep the names as is. Changing them would/can cause some confusion and take away from the brand. IMO the names chosen are pretty good names.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'm hoping the Epic 2 won't have the slide-out keyboard, or at least, make a keyboardless version along with the keyboarded version, because I want to actually have a thin phone. Guessing how the s2 is already one of the thinnest devices, they will probably be able to shave off a couple of mm's haha

Madcapjim

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm voting no keyboard as well. It's a beautiful phone as is, and I would be happy to pay full price for it, but if Sprint adds a keyboard, I'll pass.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
We all have our own opinions, working at VZW, when using our Fascinate vs. the Epic, it feels so empty and lacking without that physical keyboard, I can type much faster with it and I love being able to type text without the virtual keyboard blocking most of the screen. Plus, its amazing for emulators and other games. If the Epic was on VZW, I'd get it in a heartbeat! The Epic makes going to Sprint very tempting for me, its one of my most favorite smart-phones thus far and I still miss it despite having my Thunderbolt currently. :'(

I'm amazed that only Sprint got the Galaxy S in the entire world with a physical keyboard, not even its home market of South Korea got a keyboard option!

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I'm hoping the Epic 2 won't have the slide-out keyboard, or at least, make a keyboardless version along with the keyboarded version, because I want to actually have a thin phone. Guessing how the s2 is already one of the thinnest devices, they will probably be able to shave off a couple of mm's haha

That would be the Nexus S 4G it is basicly the Epic with NFC and Android 2.3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty