Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default Motorola Photon 4G Specs

    Well Sprint users here is your next handsets specs:

    ~4.3-inch 540x960 qHD display

    ~Dual-core Tegra 2 processor

    ~8-megapixel camera

    ~1GB RAM

    ~WiMAX connectivity

    ~Soft-touch backside with a metal kickstand

    ~Laptop dock, similar to the one made for the Atrix 4G

    ~Target ship date July

    ~Android 2.3 running beneath the new of MotoBlur, which is the same version found on the DROID X


    Source: Techno Buffalo
    Last edited by CK; 05-26-2011 at 01:23 AM.
  2. #2  
    mikachu's Avatar

    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

    Default

    Id be excited, if this phone came out 4 months ago............
    Current Device: Nexus S 4g
    Previous:
    Samsung Epic 4g> Palm Pre > MDA > too many to list
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pakiplayer421 View Post
    Id be excited, if this phone came out 4 months ago............
    LOL!!! Wow... You aren't excited about this unless it came out 4 months ago. Us Verizon Customers are still waiting for a phone this good on 4G Network. Ohh... and will be for the next 3 months!

    Between this phone, the Evo 3D and the Lineup T-Mobile has coming up it's just making me SICK!!!!

    Verizon's network better keep up the good fight because that is all it has. Pricing is horrible, phones are garbage....
  4. #4  
    z71kris's Avatar
    What does that do?

    Posts
    483 Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    LOL!!! Wow... You aren't excited about this unless it came out 4 months ago. Us Verizon Customers are still waiting for a phone this good on 4G Network. Ohh... and will be for the next 3 months!

    Between this phone, the Evo 3D and the Lineup T-Mobile has coming up it's just making me SICK!!!!

    Verizon's network better keep up the good fight because that is all it has. Pricing is horrible, phones are garbage....
    quoted for truth!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post

    Verizon's network better keep up the good fight because that is all it has. Pricing is horrible, phones are garbage....
    And that's a wrap


    Sent from my Droid
  6. #6  
    STL 314's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Well Sprint users here is your next handsets specs:

    ~4.3-inch 540x960 qHD display

    ~Dual-core Tegra 2 processor

    ~8-megapixel camera

    ~1GB RAM

    ~WiMAX connectivity

    ~Soft-touch backside with a metal kickstand

    ~Laptop dock, similar to the one made for the Atrix 4G

    ~Target ship date July

    ~Android 2.3 running beneath the new of MotoBlur, which is the same version found on the DROID X


    Source: Techno Buffalo
    yum! this or the 3D?
  7. #7  
    tmacfan4321's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by STL 314 View Post
    yum! this or the 3D?
    HTC all the way. Moto can't compete, especially when they put that WebTop nonsense on their phones. Plus, Tegra 2 seems to be weak in comparison to the new Qualcomm dual-core chip that's in the Evo 3D. If I were on Sprint, I would have preordered the 3D already.
  8. #8  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e30kid View Post
    HTC all the way. Moto can't compete, especially when they put that WebTop nonsense on their phones. Plus, Tegra 2 seems to be weak in comparison to the new Qualcomm dual-core chip that's in the Evo 3D. If I were on Sprint, I would have preordered the 3D already.
    For me, it's between the Evo 3D and the Samsung Galaxy S2. But it's starting to become that I'm leaning towards the Galaxy S2
  9. #9  
    0pusX's Avatar

    Posts
    601 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,461 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    makes me want to go back to Sprint. If only they hadnt let their network go to trash in my area....................
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    For me, it's between the Evo 3D and the Samsung Galaxy S2. But it's starting to become that I'm leaning towards the Galaxy S2
    Samsung all the way in this match-up. I suspect HTC and Moto are going to fall by the wayside (among enthusiast) as Samsung and LG start to make huge inroads onto the Android scene.
  11. #11  
    SharonW's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    Samsung all the way in this match-up. I suspect HTC and Moto are going to fall by the wayside (among enthusiast) as Samsung and LG start to make huge inroads onto the Android scene.
    Ever since Samsung burned the Moment on the Frodo update (I bought the damn phone as part of my son's graduation gift), I'm very wary of Samsung.

    My OG Droid just got Netflix today and it runs brilliantly. I'm sticking with Moto and the Photon is the first high quality Moto on Sprint, my original provider. Two year contract with Verizon is up in November, so I get to weigh all the options between Verizon and Sprint. Especially in lieu of Verizon's upcoming tier pricing. Sprint is so much cheaper and there's even WiMax in New Haven (I live in a suburb outside).

    Also, I'll bet they announce that the Photon will have NFC! It only makes sense after today's announcement and the fact that Sprint is a partner.
  12. #12  

    Default

    I'm stoked for this device it's rumored to be running nvidia tegra 2 dual core cpu.
  13. #13  

    Default

    This is like the EVO 3D but from Moto
  14. #14  

    Default

    Pretty good time to be a Sprint customer... We know the SG2 is coming eventually as well, so we'll have top-tier options from at 'least three of the five major Android handset manufacturers (a G2X equivalent would be sweet, personally I could care less for Sony Ericsson tho). Sprint needs more variety tho, last year they set themselves up well w/the Epic and it's keyboard + the EVO... From recent leaks it doesn't seem like the next GS will be a slider so that means three 4"+ slabs, ho hum.

    I'm partial to HTC, today's announcements regarding unlocked bootloaders restored my faith in them... Even if the EVO 3D ships with a locked bootloader they'll probably just leak en engineering bootloader that developers can use to work around it (like what happened w/the Thunderbolt, and early root methods for the EVO 4G even, you really think ALL those leaks are accidental? c'mon!).

    There's a couple of things that could sway me towards the Photon tho... If it's significantly thinner than the EVO 3D I might bite, or if battery life on the EVO 3FD turns out to be abysmal (that's one thing Moto's pretty consistent with). The one other thing that could sway me towards Moto is if the Photon turns out to be a world phone, I heard a rumor that it'd have a SIM slot for GSM roaming, that'd be a sweet option (locked bootloader or not).

    The GS2 looks pretty nice, it's definitely thin as heck and I don't think I'd mind the plastic feel too much (since I tend to use slim TPU cases anyway, so I don't care how the back feels/looks)... But I'm still wary of Samsung's lackluster track record w/updates. They seem to be doing better this time around w/GB already imminent for the GS2, but their inability to push US carriers to release updates quicker still worries me... And don't tell me the carrier/manufacturer relationship doesn't play a role there.

    HTC/Sprint more than earned their keep w/the EVO... Pretty sure they released over half a dozen official updates, some pre-Froyo and several post-Froyo even (and GB is already leaking for most HTC pones, let's see when the Epic/Vibrant/Captivate get GB...).
  15. #15  
    kentusmc's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 7.1 RC 1.2

    Default

    if it wasnt sprint then yes
    Nokia 6xxx >> Motorola i710 >> Motorola Razr >> BB 9000 >> BB 9700 >> Nexus One >> Droid X >> Thunderbolt
  16. #16  

    Default

    That is everything ive wanted in a phone.. definately a hard choice between this and the evo3d!
  17. #17  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default

    It looks like a contender if the specs hold up. I dont know if I would get it myself but I'm glad that Sprint is steping up there game on the phone side. Now they just need to get the Wimax speeds up.
  18. #18  

    Default

    It's about time Sprint step their game up if it's GSM/CDMA then I think I might haveta to cop this. I wonder how much it would be without a contract?
  19. #19  
    IceDree's Avatar
    = I C E D R E E =

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

    Default

    UPDATE: This is my next is upping the stakes here with a report that Codename: Sunfire will also sport a GSM radio for global roaming. Photon 4G as a world phone? Cant hurt, right?
    If they build a GSM version (Like : Droid Pro , Motorola Pro & XPRT) , Im down for it
    Man i need a GSM phone with 4.3" Screen & Dual core



    Sprint Launching Dual-Core Photon 4G (and others) June 9 | TechnoBuffalo
    Last edited by IceDree; 05-27-2011 at 10:49 AM.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Im an HTC man... but the previous talk of locked/signed bootloaders has me looking at other women phones. This thing looks amazing. I really don't care about 3D so this might be a better purchase over the Evo 3d.

    For those who think it will be GSM/CDMA... that will likely be Int'l GSM, not AT&T GSM so you likely won't be able to use it outside of Sprint in the states
  21. #21  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    Ever since Samsung burned the Moment on the Frodo update
    Since when is Lord of the Rings part of android? Just kidding but yeah I was with you, I had the moment but I switched to an Epic after the first year.
  22. #22  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Impulses View Post
    They seem to be doing better this time around w/GB already imminent for the GS2
    Um GS2 already has GB...
  23. #23  
    IceDree's Avatar
    = I C E D R E E =

    Posts
    363 Posts
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - Stock 4.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsstrainer View Post


    For those who think it will be GSM/CDMA... that will likely be Int'l GSM, not AT&T GSM so you likely won't be able to use it outside of Sprint in the states

    Thanks for pointing that out , But my plan (If Motorola did make it GSM\CDMA & I hope they do , if they didn't make a stand alone GSM version) is to ship it to Saudi Arabia
  24. #24  
    SharonW's Avatar

    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    Since when is Lord of the Rings part of android? Just kidding but yeah I was with you, I had the moment but I switched to an Epic after the first year.
    ROTFL at myself! That's what I get for only 5 hours of sleep every day this week. I'm getting too old for that sort of crap.

    The whole Moment thing really pissed me off because it meant a lot to me to give him a really cool phone that I could afford and had a physical keyboard. (Shoot, I only paid $140 for my OG Droid in the month of its release on Amazon with some savvy shopping.) Plus, I and his girlfriend had done all this evangelizing about Android and how great it was and he ends up with a dud.

    He's had nothing but trouble with it. Bizarre stuff. Thankfully, his girlfriend is more of a techie than he so she helps out on some stuff. But even I can't solve the wandering cloud problem from Beautiful Widgets even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's the damnedest thing. The cloud shows up in the strangest of places.
  25. #25  
    Officerpolabear's Avatar

    Posts
    900 Posts
    Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SharonW View Post
    ROTFL at myself! That's what I get for only 5 hours of sleep every day this week. I'm getting too old for that sort of crap.

    The whole Moment thing really pissed me off because it meant a lot to me to give him a really cool phone that I could afford and had a physical keyboard. (Shoot, I only paid $140 for my OG Droid in the month of its release on Amazon with some savvy shopping.) Plus, I and his girlfriend had done all this evangelizing about Android and how great it was and he ends up with a dud.

    He's had nothing but trouble with it. Bizarre stuff. Thankfully, his girlfriend is more of a techie than he so she helps out on some stuff. But even I can't solve the wandering cloud problem from Beautiful Widgets even after uninstalling and reinstalling it. It's the damnedest thing. The cloud shows up in the strangest of places.
    Yeah that phone was bad and if I were you, I would add another line and maybe get an lg optimus or something cheap for him until his upgrade is available?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions