Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jc3

Default any new phones to come to verizon soon?

my incredible has the reboot loop problem. after giving it a hard reset tech support says there is nothing else they can do, and my phone is out of warranty so i can't get a replacement.

i am however, eligible for an upgrade right now. the problem is, i just don't like any of the current phones as much as my incredible. right now my top choices are the thunderbolt and the incredible 2 (leaning more twords the thunderbolt) but neither make me want to set aside my incredible. it would kill me if i went ahead and got one of these and then found out that verizon got a phone in i really like... so, how do i find what's to come?

i am not in a 4G area btw, so that doesn't factor into the decision.

I do quite like the evo... should i sit out my contract then switch to sprint? the 3D is out soon too... i've only ever been with verizon and at&t, and i would never go back to at&t, it was complete ****.

i did a bit of searching and found out about the gs2 which from what i have seen looks pretty damn nice. but was rumored to come out sometime in the past 3 months? well that didn't happen.... who knows how long it will be till that comes out.

i prefer HTC's os but would be willing to deal with others that run on android, as long as they aren't way ****ty like the iphone's os.

I'm in the same frame of mind. I have 4 lines and just used one upgrade on the Dinc2. Although I love it, it may or may not get permanent root and I would just like to have one of my lines with a top of the line machine. I just don't see anything on Verizon that excites me. I would love to try something other than HTC to get a different experience but what is there....LG Revolution? Moto DX2? I'm looking for more I guess.

The Bionic is intriguing but does anyone really know when it's coming out? Anyone have any dirt on mindbending handsets in Verizon's future?
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

moto droid 3 is supposed to come out sometime in june and the bionic prob in august, gs2

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Verizon has sooo many good phones out right now. Trying being on ATT.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Eclipse v1.2/imnuts PBJ

Least you have the nexus option, Verizon in all their wisdom has decided that its customers only want rehashed devices crammed with 100 lbs of bloatware
    Droid Charge
    Eclipse v1.2/ imnuts PBJ OTB Edn
    If you like what I say, hit the Thanks button!

I want the Bionic or whatever it may be called

I honestly would just buy another incredible cheap from craigslist and milk it dry until something you really want comes out. I have been doing that with the original droid. Not being in a LTE city I see nothing that is enough of an upgrade from my Rooted and CM7 OG Droid to make me lock in for 2 more years. I like being in a month to month state with verizon where I can choose when to lock in again with the device of my choosing. This also allows me to jump ship to Sprint if the EVO 3D turns out to be the bees knees.

Global Posts
    10,176 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Verizon has a great lineup right now; even better in the coming months with a whole new set of phones to be released, or rumored for release

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I just got an Incredible off eBay for $140. Shipped.

I was in the same boat as you. Wanted an upgrade from my OG Droid. But nothing worth using my VZW upgrade yet.

And the phone is 100% too. Not one scratch. Not one software problem.

Default tab

has anyone tried the htc tablet?
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Jc3

my incredible is getting worse and worse, i ported my number onto a pre order for the evo 3D. i'm sick of waiting for verizon to get a better phone.

Default Re: any new phones to come to verizon soon?

I am in the same boat. I have a DINC 1 and my 1 year contract has been upgradeable since march. I have CM7 on it and that runs fantastic which is helping me hold out. I really want a 4.3-4.5 screen, dual core, LTE, 768+ RAM, good camera and an unlocked bootloader. I would suggest to anyone in my same position to root your DINC and put CM7 on it and hold out. If no one is buying the current phones they may be pressed to get the new ones out!
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Jc3

i got the issue when i was stock, did a hard reset and it worked for about a week. rooted and flashed skyraider 4 and it worked then for about a month. when that ****ed up i tried out cm7 and it didn't fix it at all. but that is what i have been running and will until monday when my evo 3D comes

I have the original droid too. I need to get rid of this thing its sooo outdated, but I want to see what the Bionic, Droid 3, and Function are like. Might have to buy the original incredible for cheep and keep it until I see the new and upcoming phones.

I like the idea of buying a used Incredible for now. It is a great phone and the Incredible 2 is nice but doesn't have the sleek form factor that the original has. I'm waiting to see what happens with the Galaxy S2.

I keep reading rumors about the Galaxy S2 being released by VZW this summer. That is the one I am waiting on. I can't live with GB on DX much longer, unless MOTO releases a fix soon.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Thumbs up Re: any new phones to come to verizon soon?

Been sporting my OGD is it's inception... and hopefully I can retire her soon with either the Bionic or the SGSII (only if the SGSII is sporting 4G LTE).
    As for the rumored Nexus Prime... who knows.
    Either way I'm due for a new phone.
    All I can say is thank goodness for the likes of CM7 and PE6 for keeping my OGD rocking strong!!!
    LuckyGold G3 on spot!

I don't see the GS2 on Verizon sporting LTE, GS3 or some variant in 2012 sure, but not the original. Besides they have the Charge out and since 3G still is the majority of Verizon's coverage area and Samsung is selling the GS2 so fast they are not looking at LTE.