Best Current Android Phone and Why

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
As you can probably tell from the title, I want to know what you think is the best current android phone and why. It doesn't necessarily doesn't have to be the top-specced phone out there, depending on what is important to you as an Android user.

For, me it's probably the SGSII, because it combines top of the line hardware, Gingerbread (with a UI that's not half bad, IMHO), and most importantly, it's hackable. My second choice would be the Evo 3D/Sensation.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
NS4G, why? Because it has good specs and will be updated by Google to stay current with as many OS iterations possible. I doubt that the question of which Android phone is the best will ever be answered. Everyone has their own preferences and some like an updated phone over something that can do your daily chores.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I can't believed we haven't learned our lesson with Samsung and their skinning! I know the original Galaxy S over seas got updates timely, but in the US updating was terrible. I think the NS is the best phone because it gives a majority of consumers what they want, current software. Dual core is good, but it's only as good as the software it pushes. You can root yes, but out of the box the NS is the best because it's current, still has fairly good specs, and stock android.

nerdydesi

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Who is your current carrier (or who do you want to join with?). That would also obviously effect your choice of phones.

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Eh, cm7 is almost ready for sgs2. So in like a week ns =sgs2 for vanilla android. And will have 2.3.4
But if you don't root, nexus is king of vanilla for sure

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It will take a long time to get a final build of CyanogenMod (especially for Samsung phones). Just because nightlies start doesn't mean it's at all ready for everyday use, whereas the Nexus stock build is 100% ready from day 1. And by the time CM is finished for SGS2, there will probably be a new version of Gingerbread.

That along with the fact that the Nexus comes with no bloatware and is made to be easily unlocked/rooted. No beating the Nexus for the latest software and strongest/fastest developer support (CM, MiUi, etc).

Sent by a little green robot

anjaco

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
No doubt nexus has best support from Google, doesn't make the whole phone experience better. But to each is own

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade my Incredible for anything on the market today.

While it doesn't have the newest hardware, the dev community is absolutely amazing. Right now I have CM7, Sense 3.0 (from the Kingdom), MIUI and the Acer Liquid Metal Rom all loaded in a quad boot setup, and every day is bringing improvements and new concepts to the table.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I can honestly say that I wouldn't trade my Incredible for anything on the market today.

While it doesn't have the newest hardware, the dev community is absolutely amazing. Right now I have CM7, Sense 3.0 (from the Kingdom), MIUI and the Acer Liquid Metal Rom all loaded in a quad boot setup, and every day is bringing improvements and new concepts to the table.

The Incredible is a great device being that it does not have the highest end components. It's support by the community is what will keep the phone fresh for some time to come.

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't believed we haven't learned our lesson with Samsung and their skinning! I know the original Galaxy S over seas got updates timely, but in the US updating was terrible. I think the NS is the best phone because it gives a majority of consumers what they want, current software. Dual core is good, but it's only as good as the software it pushes. You can root yes, but out of the box the NS is the best because it's current, still has fairly good specs, and stock android.

trust me, I know about samsung's update issues, considering I have a cappy. I wasn't talking about the iterations of the SGSII that will come to the U.S. I was talking about the Euro version that you can import and use on AT&T or TMobile

mellojoe

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm still partial to the Dell STREAK. It is a 5" screen. HUGE! Granted, software support is probably the worst in the business, but from a hardware stand point it is probably the best.

thedunn805

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
AT&T: Inspire 4G
Sprint: Evo 3D
Verizon: Thunderbolt
T-Mo: Sensation

I guess I have a thing for HTC ;)

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk