Anything new coming to AT&T?

fade2black

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm eligible for an upgrade this Sunday and on AT&T but don't know if I should wait for some better Android phones to come out. I have a BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I'm aware of the new Bold 9900 coming soon but I would like to try Android. 2 things though are important to me. Can anyone confirm if these phones (Holiday, Thrill, Atrix)...

1.) Have an LED notification light?

2.) SD Memory Card that can be removed without removing the battery?

...It seems like Samsung loves putting the memory card behind the battery.

The SD card is easily accessible on the Captivate without pulling the battery.

Reactions: Nickerz

knighthawk321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have no choice but to (im)patiently wait until the end of October. By then, the Holiday ought to be out. If the specs are as killer as they're reported to be, the search ends right there.

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
all glaaxy s series phones have a door on the side of the device that pops open and reveals a click-slider sd slot.

Really!? So the Galaxy S II when it comes to AT&T will have a way to remove/replace the SD card without having to remove the battery? If this is the case, I'm willing to take a harder look at the GS2. I was watching a youtube comparison of the GS2 (about 1:15 into video) and it said it wasn't "hot-swappable" but then the device isn't released in the U.S. - so does this mean I have hope?

Jowiso

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the forums and interested in bailing on the iPhone for Android. I'm on AT&T and looking forward to new Android devices.

Are we expecting the Nexus Prime on AT&T this fall?

droid1294

May 19, 2011
Visit site
there are 3 high end android phones going to at&t. the lg thrill 4g, the htc holiday and the htc lead. the holiday is basically a sensation with 1gb of ram and 4.5 inch screen. the lead is basically a sensation, but has no ff camera, has 5 mp camera, and has 800 by 480 screen

Korama12

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The announcement of the Nexus S on AT&T seems to be fueling some speculation about the Nexus Prime potentially coming to AT&T. I have to admit, as a current AT&T subscriber, I got excited too. But the more I think about it the more I doubt it will happen. AT&T (and Verizon for that matter) just love their bloatware too much. Then I read this TIME article:

AT&T-Ready ‘Nexus S’ Android Phone Hitting Best Buy for $100 - Techland - TIME.com

Basically it claims that AT&T has almost nothing to do with the launch of the Nexus S on its service and suggests that Google had to get Best Buy involved just to get the price of the phone subsibized. Indeed a quick search turned up no official statements from AT&T about the release. That doesn't really sound like a carrier that is embracing the Nexus and probably doesn't bode well for the Nexus Prime on AT&T.

Of course a lot can change between now and October/November. Personally I wish they would just release the Nexus Prime for all carriers and give consumers more options.

Reactions: Jowiso

jemcmichael

May 13, 2011
Visit site
there are 3 high end android phones going to at&t. the lg thrill 4g, the htc holiday and the htc lead. the holiday is basically a sensation with 1gb of ram and 4.5 inch screen. the lead is basically a sensation, but has no ff camera, has 5 mp camera, and has 800 by 480 screen
Don't forget the Samsung Galaxy S2 will be coming next month at some point.This phone is dominating Europe at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo