OMFG!!! Next nexus is 4G LTE.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm waiting on the next nexus for my purchase. Hopefully this screen isn't bigger than 4.3 inches though.

I hope it is a 4.5" screen!

If they are doing away with the android buttons below the screen and use them as software buttons they should be able to fit a 4.5" screen in where 4.3 was before and in a smaller device.

mike8519

May 20, 2011
Visit site
If this is confirmed coming to vzw before the bionic arrives, I'm willing to hold onto my OG droid for this beast. Not sure if I'm a fan of removing the 4 buttons, but a massive 4.5"-5.0" 1280x720 screen would be worth it

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
The best part is they think it could come out around Thanksgiving. I hope it is on Verizon, but I'll follow it to ATT if necessary.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
If this is confirmed coming to vzw before the bionic arrives, I'm willing to hold onto my OG droid for this beast. Not sure if I'm a fan of removing the 4 buttons, but a massive 4.5"-5.0" 1280x720 screen would be worth it

This won't be hitting before the Bionic, for sure.

And I reallyyyy hope this comes to Verizon LTE and not Att LTE...that would be a shame,

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thank god I've got Best Buys Buyback plan! Come on Nexus on Verizon!!!!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
You know, I'm starting to think that we Verizon customers should start a petition or start leaving message on Verizon's Facebook and Twitter pages letting them know that we want the next Nexus phone. Maybe they will be more likely to pick it up if they see enough demand for it amongst they're customers.

Last edited:
Reactions: orchidsbloom

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
You know, I'm starting to think that we Verizon customers should start a petition or start leaving message on Verizon's Facebook and Twitter pages letting them know that we want the next Nexus phone. Maybe they will be more likely to pick it up if they see enough demand for it amongst they're customers.
Agreed. Show them there's demand for it.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site

I have done that. My response from @VZWSupport (a few weeks ago):

"Sorry, I do not have any info to share on Nexus phones at this time. Sign up for email updates at Verizon Wireless *RT"

Hit them up!

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys really think the bean-counters over at Big Red don't read this site (and sites like it)? They know there would be a market for this phone. I'll take one, too! I also seem to recall a BMX post about the Nexus S, "Ours will be better." The term "ours" is interesting because he works for Verizon. Is this the unicorn? I hope so. If it goes to AT&T, I hope all four people that will be able to use their LTE love it. YMMV,

Bryan

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Since I do not use Twitter or Facebook, I am nominating "Dark Wizard Matoya" to get that started.

Sure. I'm planning to leave messages on both Verizon;s Facebook and Twitter pages, and I would encourage all Verizon customers who use Facebook and Twitter to follow suit. Be respectful of course, but let Big Red know that we, they're customers, want the next Nexus phone.

Reactions: Ricky Babalu

TuxDotKing

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
A thought everyone, before all us Verizon customers get too happy...

I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but LTE makes perfect sense to be in the next Nexus. LTE is the next generation of GSM, nearly every network, worldwide and American is moving to LTE. What isn't obvious is that it will be on Verizon. Or even, useful on Verizon.

Likely, the unlocked, world version of the Nexus 3 will be HSPA+/LTE and not support Verizon because Verizon uses a bit of an oddball spectrum band for their LTE network. And there will also likely be a CDMA/WiMax version for Sprint. But nothing really past or present makes me think we'll see a CDMA/LTE version for Verizon.

And if, by some miracle the world version does support Verizon LTE bands, you'll lose the main reason many of us want it on Verizon; ubiquitous connectivity. You'll be limited to areas where Verizon has their LTE network set up; otherwise, dead zone. That's because without a CDMA radio, you won't be able to use Verizon's 3G/1x data network or their conventional call/text network. That may be okay for some, but not everyone.

TL;DR: Seriously, LTE is a good sign, but it's not a guarantee it'll come to Verizon. (And all of this wall of text assumes that the rumor is even true *at all*.)

Reactions: orchidsbloom

tehsusenoh

May 26, 2011
teh.cx.cc
Please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon.

That is all.

I need to get off of this enV Touch. I'm waiting for the Galaxy S II, but this might be better.