Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Default OMFG!!! Next nexus is 4G LTE.

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun since I haven't even read the post yet.

Exclusive: Google Nexus 4G detailed - 720p display, 4G LTE, Android 4.0
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

I hope it supports band 13 for Verizon!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I'm waiting on the next nexus for my purchase. Hopefully this screen isn't bigger than 4.3 inches though.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    I hope it supports band 13 for Verizon!
    This +1. Come on Verizon, get on the ball and start carrying the Nexus phones. Your customers (or this customer anyways) will love you for it.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ipatella View Post
    I'm waiting on the next nexus for my purchase. Hopefully this screen isn't bigger than 4.3 inches though.
    I hope it is a 4.5" screen!

If they are doing away with the android buttons below the screen and use them as software buttons they should be able to fit a 4.5" screen in where 4.3 was before and in a smaller device.
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Ok, this would be a phone I would want, on Verizon!

If this is confirmed coming to vzw before the bionic arrives, I'm willing to hold onto my OG droid for this beast. Not sure if I'm a fan of removing the 4 buttons, but a massive 4.5"-5.0" 1280x720 screen would be worth it
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

The best part is they think it could come out around Thanksgiving. I hope it is on Verizon, but I'll follow it to ATT if necessary.
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by mike8519 View Post
    If this is confirmed coming to vzw before the bionic arrives, I'm willing to hold onto my OG droid for this beast. Not sure if I'm a fan of removing the 4 buttons, but a massive 4.5"-5.0" 1280x720 screen would be worth it
    This won't be hitting before the Bionic, for sure.

And I reallyyyy hope this comes to Verizon LTE and not Att LTE...that would be a shame,

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Thank god I've got Best Buys Buyback plan! Come on Nexus on Verizon!!!!

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    This won't be hitting before the Bionic, for sure.
    Yeah it says thanksgiving in the article. Just want to know if vzw is actually getting it or not prior to locking myself in for 2 years

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

You know, I'm starting to think that we Verizon customers should start a petition or start leaving message on Verizon's Facebook and Twitter pages letting them know that we want the next Nexus phone. Maybe they will be more likely to pick it up if they see enough demand for it amongst they're customers.
    Last edited by Dark Wizard Matoya; 06-15-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Corrected spelliong error.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    =Pure awesome.
    Thanked by:
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Wizard Matoya View Post
    You know, I'm starting to think that we Verizon customers should start a petition or start leaving message on Verizon's Facebook and Twitter pages letting them know that we want the next Nexus phone. Maybe they will be more likely to pick it up if they see enough demand for it amongst they're customers.
    Agreed. Show them there's demand for it.
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Wizard Matoya View Post
    I have done that. My response from @VZWSupport (a few weeks ago):

"Sorry, I do not have any info to share on Nexus phones at this time. Sign up for email updates at Verizon Wireless *RT"

Hit them up!
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Since I do not use Twitter or Facebook, I am nominating "Dark Wizard Matoya" to get that started.

Global Posts
    272 Global Posts
    ROM

Do you guys really think the bean-counters over at Big Red don't read this site (and sites like it)? They know there would be a market for this phone. I'll take one, too! I also seem to recall a BMX post about the Nexus S, "Ours will be better." The term "ours" is interesting because he works for Verizon. Is this the unicorn? I hope so. If it goes to AT&T, I hope all four people that will be able to use their LTE love it. YMMV,

Bryan

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Babalu View Post
    Since I do not use Twitter or Facebook, I am nominating "Dark Wizard Matoya" to get that started.
    Sure. I'm planning to leave messages on both Verizon;s Facebook and Twitter pages, and I would encourage all Verizon customers who use Facebook and Twitter to follow suit. Be respectful of course, but let Big Red know that we, they're customers, want the next Nexus phone.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    =Pure awesome.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

Exclamation

A thought everyone, before all us Verizon customers get too happy...

I hate to be the Debbie Downer, but LTE makes perfect sense to be in the next Nexus. LTE is the next generation of GSM, nearly every network, worldwide and American is moving to LTE. What isn't obvious is that it will be on Verizon. Or even, useful on Verizon.

Likely, the unlocked, world version of the Nexus 3 will be HSPA+/LTE and not support Verizon because Verizon uses a bit of an oddball spectrum band for their LTE network. And there will also likely be a CDMA/WiMax version for Sprint. But nothing really past or present makes me think we'll see a CDMA/LTE version for Verizon.

And if, by some miracle the world version does support Verizon LTE bands, you'll lose the main reason many of us want it on Verizon; ubiquitous connectivity. You'll be limited to areas where Verizon has their LTE network set up; otherwise, dead zone. That's because without a CDMA radio, you won't be able to use Verizon's 3G/1x data network or their conventional call/text network. That may be okay for some, but not everyone.

TL;DR: Seriously, LTE is a good sign, but it's not a guarantee it'll come to Verizon. (And all of this wall of text assumes that the rumor is even true *at all*.)
    -Motorola Droid 1 on Verizon
    -Nexus S on no network
    -White 32GB Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi
    Thanked by:

Please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon please be on Verizon.

That is all.

I need to get off of this enV Touch. I'm waiting for the Galaxy S II, but this might be better.

That's really interesting
    Banned

att is going to have 4g lte also so that may or may not be for vzw

Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    ROM
    Atom on Nexus

Verizon is all about having the best covering network, which they do better than anyone else. I just don't see them as the company to come out with this (albeit, I would love it being that I am a VZW customer). They sold their souls to Sata...er...Jobs to try and steal some iOs market share from AT&T and I think they pretty much blew their load on that deal.

It would be perfect if this were a world phone on Verizon. Only way I'll sign another two-year contact.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

We don't know if Verizon will allow unlocked lte devices on their network. If they don't actively block unlocked devices, they don't have to support it. It just has to be compatible with their network.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    We don't know if Verizon will allow unlocked lte devices on their network. If they don't actively block unlocked devices, they don't have to support it. It just has to be compatible with their network.
    There was some confusion just after HTC announced that they were unlocking they're bootloaders when a VZW rep tweeted that Verizon wouldn't allow phones with unlocked bootloaders on they're network. Verizon was quick to issue a correction. Apparently the rep confused bootloaders with SIM cards, and Verizon will indeed be allowing unlocked bootloaders on they're network. They have plenty of phones with unlocked bootloaders on they're network now, in fact. My Droid Incredible is unlocked, rooted and running a custom ROM and it works on Verizon's network just fine.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    =Pure awesome.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast