Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default upgrade coming in a month, what to get on ATT

    I love my nexus s so much but I am really tired of edge all the time. My upgrade is coming and I was thinking about a sense phone, but with all the dual core talk I am thinking about waiting for the HYC holiday or the LG thrill 3D. If anyone else has any suggestions or opinions that'd be awesome.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  2. #2  

    Default

    The Galaxy S2 Is Suppose To Be Coming To AT&T. I Bought An Atrix In March And I love This Phone. And When The Gingerbread Update Comes Netflix With Be Enabled In The Update (According To Breif Mobile's Video). But If I Didnt Waist My Upgrade On The Atrix I Would Have Waited For The Galaxy S2 Because My Atrix On It's Best Day Will Benchmark At 2700, And The Galaxy S2 Hits Over 3000.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mramos860 View Post
    The Galaxy S2 Is Suppose To Be Coming To AT&T. I Bought An Atrix In March And I love This Phone. And When The Gingerbread Update Comes Netflix With Be Enabled In The Update (According To Breif Mobile's Video). But If I Didnt Waist My Upgrade On The Atrix I Would Have Waited For The Galaxy S2 Because My Atrix On It's Best Day Will Benchmark At 2700, And The Galaxy S2 Hits Over 3000.
    Galaxy S II is a great phone. But I really don't want touchwiz.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  4. #4  
    Jc3
    Jc3 is offline
    Jc3's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts

    Default

    i am not terribly familiar with what at&t carry but doing a quick glance, i would probably go with the infuse out of the current available phones. but really i would wait for the gs2, which is what i am doing on verizon right now... been eligible for upgrade for awhile now, i just can't justify upgrading for any of the current phones from my incredible, they just don't seem that much better and i'm not in a 4g area so it doesn't really matter.
  5. #5  
    Jc3
    Jc3 is offline
    Jc3's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Galaxy S II is a great phone. But I really don't want touchwiz.

    root, i think cm7 is already working on an gs2 rom.
  6. #6  
    ls377's Avatar

    Posts
    1,594 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    Galaxy S II is a great phone. But I really don't want touchwiz.
    ADW that baby up .

    Like the above poster said, they're already working on CM7 for the SGS2 (Samsung sent atinm a GS2 specifically for that purpose).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ls377 View Post
    ADW that baby up .

    Like the above poster said, they're already working on CM7 for the SGS2 (Samsung sent atinm a GS2 specifically for that purpose).
    I'll root the thing in like 3 seconds, but I hate having to root something just to get it the way I want it. That should come out of the box.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  8. #8  
    dubious1's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMFin' it up

    Default

    I don't mean to hijack this thread, so I'll apologize in advance if that's the case.

    I'm also looking to upgrade with AT&T, although I'm able to do it anytime I'd like. I'm currently using the iPhone 4 and I'm ready to take the plunge into Android. I'm able to get the Inspire for $49 w/ a 2-year contract. I've thought about jumping to VZW and the Thunderbolt, but from what I've been reading the Inspire and TB are the same, with the exception of FFC, kickstand, larger battery, and of course LTE. I get a decent rate with AT&T now, and the coverage is great, so I'd like to stick with them.

    I've been hearing about the Holiday possibly coming to AT&T in the next few months (hopefully), but I'm kinda impatient when it comes to phones and technology in general.

    Long story short; should I hop on the Inspire for $49 or wait out of the Holiday? I have no interest in any Samsung phones (personal preference) and I'm not digging the Thrill. Thanks for any advice, and sorry for being long-winded
  9. #9  

    Default

    I'd like to jump in this thread too.

    My upgrade is available today, so I am in the same boat. I refuse to buy a Samsung phone (they f*cked me with the Moment, then they f*cked me again with the Galaxy S). What other phones are coming out for ATT? I feel silly wasting my upgrade on a phone that is (spec-wise) equivalent. I have no problem waiting a few months, if the phone is worth it. I'm tired of having to "hack" my phone just to get it to work as a phone. I recently got a Xoom and love it, I might end up getting an Atrix just because it is Motorola.
  10. #10  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dubious1 View Post
    I don't mean to hijack this thread, so I'll apologize in advance if that's the case.

    I'm also looking to upgrade with AT&T, although I'm able to do it anytime I'd like. I'm currently using the iPhone 4 and I'm ready to take the plunge into Android. I'm able to get the Inspire for $49 w/ a 2-year contract. I've thought about jumping to VZW and the Thunderbolt, but from what I've been reading the Inspire and TB are the same, with the exception of FFC, kickstand, larger battery, and of course LTE. I get a decent rate with AT&T now, and the coverage is great, so I'd like to stick with them.

    I've been hearing about the Holiday possibly coming to AT&T in the next few months (hopefully), but I'm kinda impatient when it comes to phones and technology in general.

    Long story short; should I hop on the Inspire for $49 or wait out of the Holiday? I have no interest in any Samsung phones (personal preference) and I'm not digging the Thrill. Thanks for any advice, and sorry for being long-winded
    Depends on what you want. You say your impatient (kinda) if you want to upgrade now and can't wait but want to stay with AT&T then you can go with the Inspire or Infuse. Those ar 2 great phones and both have their own unique thinghs that seperate them from eachother. The inspire for &29 at Radio shack if they still have the sale going is a solid device and sense, people always rave about it. the infuse has a nice 4.5 inch screen and a 1.2ghz proc. I personally would wait for the holiday or Thrill.

    Quote Originally Posted by comatoast View Post
    I'd like to jump in this thread too.

    My upgrade is available today, so I am in the same boat. I refuse to buy a Samsung phone (they f*cked me with the Moment, then they f*cked me again with the Galaxy S). What other phones are coming out for ATT? I feel silly wasting my upgrade on a phone that is (spec-wise) equivalent. I have no problem waiting a few months, if the phone is worth it. I'm tired of having to "hack" my phone just to get it to work as a phone. I recently got a Xoom and love it, I might end up getting an Atrix just because it is Motorola.
    For now is rumored the holiday. and The Thrill will be a great choice.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    I am actually really interested in the LG thrill, but I here the it is kinda buggy and laggy especially with the skin. Probably have to root that too.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  12. #12  
    Jc3
    Jc3 is offline
    Jc3's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts

    Default

    so what's everyone's problem with samsung? I love HTC and would love to have another HTC phone. but verizon doesn't seem to have anything with decent hardware comming for it. the gs2 seems pretty amazing so far, so i was going to compromise... why shouldn't i go with samsung?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jc3 View Post
    so what's everyone's problem with samsung? I love HTC and would love to have another HTC phone. but verizon doesn't seem to have anything with decent hardware comming for it. the gs2 seems pretty amazing so far, so i was going to compromise... why shouldn't i go with samsung?
    I'm just amazed tthat after the last 6 months with all the first galaxy s crap. People are trusting Samsung again. Its going to be the same thing. I see it now........
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  14. #14  
    Jc3
    Jc3 is offline
    Jc3's Avatar

    Posts
    84 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    I'm just amazed tthat after the last 6 months with all the first galaxy s crap. People are trusting Samsung again. Its going to be the same thing. I see it now........
    i am unaware of what this crap you speak of is... please, fill me in.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  
    Jalarm's Avatar

    Posts
    809 Posts
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jc3 View Post
    i am unaware of what this crap you speak of is... please, fill me in.
    It took till February to get an update out.
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom
  16. #16  
    hellrod87's Avatar

    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jalarm View Post
    It took till February to get an update out.
    Very true, and it was frustrating.

    I was happy with my Captivate (on ATT) but got sick of waiting and it drove me to root and flash my first ROM. Now I've got my phone running even better than before and I love it.

    It won't be a selling point for everyone, but the developer community for Samsung (especially Galaxy S line) is really strong and definitely something to consider if you are the "hacking" type. I'm excited to see what Cyanogen can do with the GS2. Awesome move by Samsung to give them a phone for free.
  17. #17  
    Major's Avatar

    Posts
    204 Posts
    Global Posts
    651 Global Posts

    Default

    The Captivate Froyo update wasn't released until about a week or so after the Atrix was released. By that time it was too late; I had already picked up an Atrix and I never looked back. I still have the Captivate (my daughter uses it), and I updated to Froyo, but it still sucks compared to the Atrix. The Captivate has nicer color reproduction, but the Atrix kills it in every other performance metric. It is simply a better device.
  18. #18  
    dubious1's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    BAMFin' it up

    Default

    So my impatience got to me, and I went and picked up the Inspire today. I'm very happy with the phone so far. I'm really digging Sense on the phone, as well as the freedom to put anything on any screen/page. Basically, I'm glad I'm free from the limits of iOS (although I still own an iPad, and that won't change :-)) Will I be bummed if/when the Holiday comes out? Probably. But for what I'm using the phone for now, I'll have no problem hanging onto the Inspire for a bit.
  19. #19  
    sndplace's Avatar

    Posts
    1,001 Posts
    ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

    Default

    Comparing last years hot phone to a new duo core not so hot phone from this year isn't fare. Test your Atrix to a more comparable phone like the GSII and see whats faster.
    Now did it suck that I was still sporting 2.1 when most phones were updating the 2.2? yes. Did I care? Not really I just rooted it and boom it had 2.2. I have to co-workers who have the Epic and I was the only 1 who had it.
    Most of those 10+ GS phone owners Probably didn't care to much either since they kept selling. For Sammy , I think they are listening to the hacking community.

    Anyway... glade you made a choice and enjoy the Inspire. My sister finally was able to pick hers up at Radio Shack when it was 29 bucks, She got the red one. And she loves it too.
  20. #20  
    knighthawk321's Avatar

    Posts
    249 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted stock GS4 ROM

    Default

    I made a comment in the Holiday rumor thread that I'm really looking forward to the Holiday. Most of my friends are HTC users, (them what don't do fruit, LOL!), and my wife got an Inspire on my recommendation. She loves it, so far, though she is still bonding with it. I am a current BB Bold 9700 user, and looking forward mightily to going Android when my next upgrade comes in October. I started coming to AC to get a jumpstart on being android savvy, that, and talking to my friends who have them. If the Holiday has the hardware config they're talking about, I'm in. The one thing that hasn't shown up in the rumor mill is the amount of internal storage. I am seriously hoping it matches the Atrix and GS2 (16GB internal, 1GB RAM, 32GB microSD).

    Previous phones:
    BB Curve 8300
    BB Bold 9700
    (Dumb phones beyond count)

Posting Permissions