Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Kingdom for sprint at the FCC!!!

So I am seeing that a 4g wimax HTC device is at the FCC for testing. obviously a sprint phone due to wimax.

I have been trying to get more info on this but there is a lot of conflicting rumors, primarily regarding whether if has a 4" or 4.3" screen.

What exactly is this phone, and where does it fit into sprints lineup? I am glad to see sprint is giving us options and choices however. And what about the rumored HTC rider?? which was pictured in a blurryshot with the kingdom, The rider has evo-like circles around the the buttons on the bottom, so it must be for sprint as well.

If this is a 4" phone i am all for it, Never went for evo 4g because it was too big for me, and i am afraid evo3d even though sligtly smaller might be as well.

I know this thing only has a single core processor, but who really needs dual-core right now??? doesn't seem necassary other than for the 3D on the evo3D or the webtop on the atrix and photon.
    LegendarySoul likes this.

ROM
    CM9

In hac rf appendix a there is a test for Communication System: GSM850; Frequency: 835 MHz;Duty Cycle: 1:1

Does this mean it's a world phone?

Link to doc on FCC
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mxmarcus View Post
    In hac rf appendix a there is a test for Communication System: GSM850; Frequency: 835 MHz;Duty Cycle: 1:1

Does this mean it's a world phone?

Link to doc on FCC
    Rumors have it that it is a world phone. (so if true sprint will have 3 android world phones; XPRT, photon, and this rumored kingdom).

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro1 View Post
    Rumors have it that it is a world phone. (so if true sprint will have 3 android world phones; XPRT, photon, and this rumored kingdom).

That will be sweet
    Now I can choose Photon or Kingdom

from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Stupid question, but the kingdom is an android device correct?

Sent from my Inspiration
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Stupid question, but the kingdom is an android device correct?

Sent from my Inspiration
    Yes, it is

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mxmarcus View Post
    Yes, it is

Thats what i thought. For some reason my brain was sayibg windows 7. Not thinking right today.

Sent from my Inspiration

ROM
    WebOSInternals UberKernel

It'd be lovely to have an HTC Sensation-alike for Sprint. I'm due for an upgrade like...now. I hail from PreCentral with my original Sprint Palm Pre, but sadly HP isn't throwing down the gauntlet fast enough for me to not spring for Android (at least for now... hehe).

Currently waiting for the Evo 3D, but if I knew I could get a phone with the same speed, a sleeker look and a higher quality single camera, I'd wait, since the 3D features really don't do very much for me.

So will it be like Incredible S or Desire S? They have smaller screens than the EVO and I dont see why it would be like the Sensation since that has the same screen as the EVO. I really hope it has GSM so I can use it overseas.

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by ytravel View Post
    So will it be like Incredible S or Desire S? They have smaller screens than the EVO and I dont see why it would be like the Sensation since that has the same screen as the EVO. I really hope it has GSM so I can use it overseas.
    It does have the GSM. It is a world phone like the Motorola Photon

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Almost all the tech blogs are saying that the FCC filings reveal nothing new, only what is already known, which includes a 4.3" display...I've clicked on every link in the fcc filing and see nothing that says a 4.3" display. Earlier rumors suggest a 4" screen, since this was expected to be sprints version of the incredible.

Any clarifications??? can anyone point to where it gives display size in the FCC filing???

I think the Engadget reviewer saw qhd and assumed that meant 4.3", and every other story has just repeated the error.

The Atrix is an example of a 4" qhd display if I'm not mistaken, i.e., they do exist.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I have a crazy question. Wasnt the Kingdom suppose to be the EVO 3D? Also has anyone seen the EVO3D FCC release? Just wondering.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by djw39 View Post
    I think the Engadget reviewer saw qhd and assumed that meant 4.3", and every other story has just repeated the error.

The Atrix is an example of a 4" qhd display if I'm not mistaken, i.e., they do exist.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    Completely agree, so much for accurate reporting these days.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

http://m.pocketnow.com/android/htc-k...-exposed-image http://www.phonearena.com/phones/HTC-Kingdom_id5465
    I found these articles. Phonearena talks about a 4" which suggest a incredible like size phone.

The links should be working now.

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Looking through some of the FCC reports, it looks like this phone may also support CDMA on the SMR band?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...=%27NM8PH44100

Look under "test report pce 1."
    Former Android user trying iOS on for size.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

interesting, might be worth the wait

ROM
    CM9

Quote Originally Posted by quincunx View Post
    It'd be lovely to have an HTC Sensation-alike for Sprint. I'm due for an upgrade like...now. I hail from PreCentral with my original Sprint Palm Pre, but sadly HP isn't throwing down the gauntlet fast enough for me to not spring for Android (at least for now... hehe).

Currently waiting for the Evo 3D, but if I knew I could get a phone with the same speed, a sleeker look and a higher quality single camera, I'd wait, since the 3D features really don't do very much for me.
    I am up for upgrade but don't want to waist it on EVO 3D.

I need a world phone!

Global Posts
    9,821 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'll be considering this or the Photon come September. The 3D has great specs but not for me..

ROM
    Zedomax OC 1.6 Ghz

The rider is the Evo3D and the E3D is also a world phone.

Upcoming HTC events: this Thursday in Utrecht, next Monday in London. We are expecting Kingdom = Sprint Hero 4G to be a world phone if I'm not mistaken, so European unveiling seems plausible enough. Also note that the original Hero was first announced in London.

HTC heeft iets groots gepland op 27 juni - Android - Androidplanet.nl

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

HTC EVO 4G+ official, but is it destined for Sprint? -- Engadget

this might be the Kingdom... Look at the HTTP after clicking link, on top says aka Kingdom

Global Posts
    889 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks

I really hope this comes to sprint soon. I would love a true successor to my evo. Not that 3D gimmick.

Global Posts
    9,821 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

The phone really appears to be a nice looking device. Having a hardware switch for recording/camera mode doesn't seem like a bad idea either.

Edit: Here is a run-down of the device specifics: http://androidandme.com/2011/06/phon...he-htc-evo-4g/

Quote Originally Posted by lornaevo View Post
    I really hope this comes to sprint soon. I would love a true successor to my evo. Not that 3D gimmick.
    Aside from the 3d aspect of the phone. The EVO 3D is a really good sequel to our OG EVO. Updated specs, screen, battery, processor, memory. New Sense version. Other then the 3D gimmick, how is it not a sucessor?

sndplace likes this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast