Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,880 Global Posts

Default [Unofficial] Verizon roadmap

From ... A source. All time frames are subject to change.

LG Revere Aug.
    LG Cosmos 2 Aug.
    Motorola Droid 3- Mid July
    Motorola Droid Bionic- Late July
    Blackberry 9930 Bold- Late July
    Blackberry Sedona- Aug.
    Samsung Plato- Aug.
    LG Gelato- Aug.
    Samsung Convoy 2- Late July
    Pantech Breakout- Late Aug.
    Samsung Aegis- Sept.
    Samsung Galaxy 10 16GB and 32 GB Late July
    spectre1006 and LikeWebOS like this.

Default Re: [Unofficial] Verizon roadmap

Here's what I've found so far:
    LG Cosmos 2 = feature phone
    Samsung Plato is the name Samsung uses for a connected TV. Very interesting. Google TV with Verizon LTE anyone?
    LG Gelato -- http://www.androidcentral.com/tags/gelato
    Samsung Convoy is a feature phone. Safe to say Convoy 2 will be as well
    Samsung Aegis is a netbook
    Can't find any info on LG Revere or Pantech Breakout
    rarchbold likes this.

Sad Andy is sad...

Where are the HTC dual-core phones with Sense 3.0?
    androidjunkie30 likes this.

Where's the Galaxy S2 (Function)? How come the Droid3 has disappeared from the Devices page here on Android Central?

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    Where's the Galaxy S2 (Function)? How come the Droid3 has disappeared from the Devices page here on Android Central?
    This is what I want!
    colbysbb likes this.

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by MikeYasuragi View Post
    Sad Andy is sad...

Ya thats what i wanted to hear hopefully they left out something like that or maybe htc and verizon are trying to keep things on the DL

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Sad Andy is sad...

The T-bolt has only been out for around 4 months. For sales sake, we probably won't see a new HTC (excluding a slider) until Q4'11 or Q1'12, at the earliest. Just my thoughts.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Sad Andy is sad...

After the thunderbolt debacle I think verizon is going to hold out on dual core htc until they can probably prove it wont have all the issues that plagued the thunderbolt.

Sad Andy is sad...

Yeah can't believe no dual core htc's

Where is the Samsung S2??? Function anyone???

Thanks Phil!

Carrier
    ICS

wheres the vanilla stock android lol?

No Galaxy S2 in this line-up? Maybe it's further out than we think. Probably going to be a Q4 release...

July is the beginning of the upgrade window for OG Droid owners on two-year contracts and the best VZW has is a badly delayed offering announced way back in January?

Pathetic.

Who wants to sign a two-year contact for such stale tech?

Nexus Prime or I'm jumping ship when the contract expires in November and taking the corporate accounts with me.

Meh, that lineup frankly is unimpressive. Need more info on the Nexus/flagship device supposedly coming in the Fall.

Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    July is the beginning of the upgrade window for OG Droid owners on two-year contracts and the best VZW has is a badly delayed offering announced way back in January?

Pathetic.

Who wants to sign a two-year contact for such stale tech?

Nexus Prime or I'm jumping ship when the contract expires in November and taking the corporate accounts with me.
    Please explain how the Bionic is stale. Dual core 4g. Only dual core 4g on VZW. Doesn't seem stale to me.

If it finally releases on 7/28 as rumored, that will be over six months after it was introduced back in January. The Atrix and Thunderbolt were announced at the same event and have been available for some time now.

It's stale AFAIC. It may be the best
    VZW offers just now, but that's a little like saying a certain phone is the best Blackberry available. Meh.

If a Nexus or similar flagship appears likely in Q4, there is absolutely no incentive to choose a Bionic before then.

Quote Originally Posted by STC09 View Post
    If it finally releases on 7/28 as rumored, that will be over six months after it was introduced back in January. The Atrix and Thunderbolt were announced at the same event and have been available for some time now.

It's stale AFAIC.
    True it will come out later than expected, but it will still be the best phone spec wise VZW has to offer. It "should" be much better than both those phones.
    csschrot likes this.

I edited my comment above while you posted this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Zero System( no ROM)

Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post
    True it will come out later than expected, but it will still be the best phone spec wise VZW has to offer. It "should" be much better than both those phones.
    A little too late. All our minds have moved on to other things such as the SGS II or the rumored Nexus Prime. The bionic has the specs but no longer the hype.just the possibility of a pure google experience device is enough to make even the most diehard bionic lover think twice.

Who says that VZW will get that rumored Nexus phone? You can always wait for the next best, but then you wait forever. When that Nexus comes out there will be rumors for an even better phone that is coming 3 months later, and so on.

I have been waiting since November to upgrade. I have 2 choices, the Bionic and S2. I will be buying one of those and will not look back.
    KiboeTheDog likes this.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Zero System( no ROM)

Quote Originally Posted by allan1313 View Post
    Who says that VZW will get that rumored Nexus phone? You can always wait for the next best, but then you wait forever. When that Nexus comes out there will be rumors for an even better phone that is coming 3 months later, and so on.

I have been waiting since November to upgrade. I have 2 choices, the Bionic and S2. I will be buying one of those and will not look back.
    I agree with that. But being on Verizon makes me hope for some sort of pure device since we haven't had one since the original Droid. I'm personally sick of waiting for updates, but don't want to sacrifice my good service. But I too will get the SGS II if no pure device comes before the year ends.

Better the chance of a Nexus than the certainty of:
    Blur
    Locked bootloader (or will it be unlocked?)
    VZW bloatware
    Blur-related delays of updates
    Did I mention Blur?

All that PLUS a two-year commitment?

I was impressed by the Bionic - the Atrix, anyway - in the early days and might have broken my contract to get one. Now? No way. Two years of aging technology is way too much for anything less than a fresh Nexus-class phone.

Btw, I would seriously bet against anything Android upstaging a Nexus phone within three months or more of release.

Funny the next iPhn won't have 4G LTE so why isn't that being called stale. No 4G LTE = Stale right.
    KiboeTheDog and corymcnutt like this.

Didn't address the iPhone because it's not something I would consider. Ditto BB or anything running WP7. I want the best of Android and nothing else.

That and the fact that this forum is named - strangely enough - Android Central.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast