Samsung Galaxy S2

colbysbb

May 24, 2011
Visit site
This is my first forum. I currently have a blackberry and desperately want to switch to android. I have been waiting for the right phone to come out. I think that the SGS2 is going to be the way to go. I want to get a phone with all of the highest specs possible so that it will be relevant for a year or two. Does anyone know if the SGS2 will be LTE or not? I know it's not true 4G, but its the best we're going to get for a few years. I know it sounds strange, or maybe it doesn't after reading a lot of your posts, but I am almost loosing sleep waiting for this phone to drop on Verizon. Tell me what you think about the SGS2 or if I should wait for a Nexus Prime or Bionic.

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
This is my first forum. I currently have a blackberry and desperately want to switch to android. I have been waiting for the right phone to come out. I think that the SGS2 is going to be the way to go. I want to get a phone with all of the highest specs possible so that it will be relevant for a year or two. Does anyone know if the SGS2 will be LTE or not? I know it's not true 4G, but its the best we're going to get for a few years. I know it sounds strange, or maybe it doesn't after reading a lot of your posts, but I am almost loosing sleep waiting for this phone to drop on Verizon. Tell me what you think about the SGS2 or if I should wait for a Nexus Prime or Bionic.

Samsung likes making the best of phones, so I can see them making an LTE version of the GS2 for Verizon.

Reactions: STEINBERG5

LilBompie17

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be awesome if they made a Galaxy S2 variant with a qHD display? With Super AMOLED Plus that will beat anything heads down, but even if they had to make it with a less awesome Super LCD it'll still be great right?;)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon will drag their feet on the Function and put BING all over it. If there is a buck to be made Verizon will squeeze it out.

colbysbb

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty used to verizon bloat-waring their phones, and I think bing can be undone fairly easily. I'm just hoping it comes soon. Any ideas on how long we have to wait?

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't it be awesome if they made a Galaxy S2 variant with a qHD display? With Super AMOLED Plus that will beat anything heads down, but even if they had to make it with a less awesome Super LCD it'll still be great right?;)

Its physically impossible for it to be qHD. The reason it jumped to 4.3 inches is because the new subpixel layout requires a larger screen. A qHD SAMOLED+ screen would have to be 4.5 or 5 inches.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

dchurch85

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
The Charge is a good phone IMO, just a little slow. I love the screen and battery life, would rather have it than my thunderbolt. I don't think the GS2 will have bing on it, but who really knows.

STEINBERG5

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I see the Galaxy S II coming to Verizon but i have a feeling something will be changed. If not LTE possibly an even nicer screen, something to set Verizon apart from the others.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I see the Galaxy S II coming to Verizon but i have a feeling something will be changed. If not LTE possibly an even nicer screen, something to set Verizon apart from the others.

I know what will set it apart from the other carriers versions.... the 27lbs of bloat vzw will install on it

10-36

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to an AT&T rep today at my local AT&T store. I was told that the Samsung Attain (Galaxy S2) was estimated to be out by the end of the month.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to an AT&T rep today at my local AT&T store. I was told that the Samsung Attain (Galaxy S2) was estimated to be out by the end of the month.

We can hope, but AT&T probably would have announced it at their event this week. I'm pretty concerned and annoyed that Samsung hasn't announced anything or even confirmed they're existence by now.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
:)I think like last year it will be out for ATT and Tmo first. When did they get the first GS? The Epic came at the end of August so thats When I believe Sprint will get it. The Photon4G is coming out the 31st so i think that they will wait for atleast 30 days b4 the GSII comes out. But who Knows.Just cant wait

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
:)I think like last year it will be out for ATT and Tmo first. When did they get the first GS? The Epic came at the end of August so thats When I believe Sprint will get it. The Photon4G is coming out the 31st so i think that they will wait for atleast 30 days b4 the GSII comes out. But who Knows.Just cant wait
Played with one today at a store that sells unlocked phones... Wow, please come to verizon right now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa