Verizon cooking on something next week

hjstod

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing its their new $100 off promo when you upgrade to a smart phone from a basic cellphone...

I think the documents mentioned the 18th as the start date...
also early upgrades for those who still have...... GASPPPP *basic* phones!! If u are eligible before Dec 31st they will let select customers upgrade early to a smart phone!

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I told you what the news was, but no one wants to listen.
I understand, I'm not spitting out sources or credentials...but I can assure you that I will never say anything that I don't know for FACT.

8/18 = $100 gift card and early upgrades for basic to smartphone upgrades.
GS2 = 4G LTE on Verizon

That is all I have for now. You can take that to the BANK!!!

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I understand, I'm not spitting out sources or credentials...but I can assure you that I will never say anything that I don't know for FACT.

GS2 = 4G LTE on Verizon

I can assure you that the GSII WILL be LTE....

Now, they may have been expressing popular regurgitated rumor, but I am stating truth (clearly, by my use of the word "assure"...and did you not see that the word "will" was typed in all capital letters?).

In fact, if for some strange reason things change and the GSII does come out as a non-LTE device, I will remove my profile from this forum (for whatever it's worth).

Hi.

Newblood

May 18, 2010
Visit site

GS2 = 4G LTE on Verizon

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=18107&news=Verizon+Samsung+Galaxy+S+II+Android

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yea yea yea...all I can say is that my sources don't lie, they more than know what they're talking about, but sometimes facts change.
I was just dumb enough to ignore that the flow of these streams are known to change course.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

Newblood

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yea yea yea...all I can say is that my sources don't lie, they more than know what they're talking about, but sometimes facts change.
I was just dumb enough to ignore that the flow of these streams are known to change course.

Right...

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

The point isn't that you were wrong, but rather the snotty know it all attitude of your original post.

We all know that things change but honestly it has probably been known internally with Samsung and Verizon for months that this was the way things were gonna roll. Phones do occasionally get scrapped (original Bionic, BB Storm 3) or dropped by the carrier at the last minute (HTC Merge), but the latter rarely happens for top tier devices like this.

Regardless of what some of us (myself included) may think of Samsung phones this is a huge deal. I personally have been saying all along that it would not have LTE because of the size of the radios but it never even occurred to me that they would not carry it at all (Fascinate was a POS software wise but had a gorgeous screen and sold well). Unless we end up getting the Nexus Prime with the same hardware specs as the GS2, I can't see any other Samsung phone curbing the thirst that people have for this phone.

All I am saying is that you may want to re-evaluate the quality of your "source" before posting something like that again.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have somewhat infrequent contact with my source but it wasn't that long ago that I was assured of an LTE GS2.
This was probably a last minute thing and more likely a name change as opposed to a dropped device all together. Whatever the GS2 was going to be will most likely be called something else. I'm hoping on a Charge sequel like all the other Droid phones.

And my snottiness is just me goofing around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci