Stuck on which new phone to go with???

triggergt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
OK I am on Verizon and I have an upgrade that I have to use because we are switching to a business account and when we switch I will loose it. I wanted the BIONIC pretty bad but I'm not sure if I do anymore. So I guess my question is if I do this within the next week will something new be coming out in the 15 day time period that I may like or want more(prime, vigor?) I have an X now and I really want a FFC and or just a better camera than my X. Sorry for being so long winded and thanks in advance for the suggestions!!! :cool:

triggergt

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I know the mega pixel doesnt matter but I really want a good camera on my next device!! Will the Prime be up to par with some of the best?

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Droid Bionic
Samsung Nexus Prime
Motorola Droid Razr/Spyder (announcing on 18--dont know about release, but I think pre-order counts as an upgrade too)

No news on the Vigor or I guess Prime dates.

If its for Business then I guess Motorola would be a pretty good choice, choose what you like best. :D

xAGx#AC

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Im kind of stuck too. Only between the Vigor and the Prime.

Problem is I LOVE HTC and Sense. I prefer their hardware over Samsungs.( in the past at least.) ICS seems really interesting, but Ive tried CM7 on my Incredible, and some of the stock apps werent for me, and I always went back to Sense ROMs, so I have a concern with that. I could always flash a pure ICS ROM onto the Vigor though, but do Sense ROMs exist for the Nexus S/stock Google devices? Never really seen one...

For my personal tastes;

Vigor
+HTC made
+Sense (love that weather! :p)
+Pixel density
-Battery life could be bad based on Thunderbolt knowledge
-Slightly smaller screen

Prime
+ICS
+Screen size/tech
+Most likely better battery life
-Samsung made (possibly overly plasticy)
-Possibly too thin/light for my liking
-Rumored no SD slot
-Not sure on the screen curvature
-Possibly sub-par stock apps (past stock camera comes to mind)

I probably wont even be decided until they are both fully revealed and I can hold both in my hands.

compchick813

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Im kind of stuck too. Only between the Vigor and the Prime.

Problem is I LOVE HTC and Sense. I prefer their hardware over Samsungs.( in the past at least.) ICS seems really interesting, but Ive tried CM7 on my Incredible, and some of the stock apps werent for me, and I always went back to Sense ROMs, so I have a concern with that. I could always flash a pure ICS ROM onto the Vigor though, but do Sense ROMs exist for the Nexus S/stock Google devices? Never really seen one...

For my personal tastes;

Vigor
+HTC made
+Sense (love that weather! :p)
+Pixel density
-Battery life could be bad based on Thunderbolt knowledge
-Slightly smaller screen

Prime
+ICS
+Screen size/tech
+Most likely better battery life
-Samsung made (possibly overly plasticy)
-Possibly too thin/light for my liking
-Rumored no SD slot
-Not sure on the screen curvature
-Possibly sub-par stock apps (past stock camera comes to mind)

I probably wont even be decided until they are both fully revealed and I can hold both in my hands.

I'm personally picking the Vigor over the Prime. I like the look of it better and I think the rubbery back will feel good in-hand. As cool as ICS will be, I would rather wait until most of my apps have been updated and stay on GB for now. The Vigor will get ICS sooner with custom roms than an official update anyway.

Chorizoman

Banned
May 18, 2010
Visit site
I Have A HTC EVO 3D I Love The Phone But I Am Thinking Is the EVO 3D Still Better Then the Iphone 4S or is the Samsung Galaxy II a better phone? Please help thank you:cool:

cubez

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I would go with either prime or vigor, but seeing as you have a small window you should also look at the phones that are available now. Don't know much on the bionic but i read threads about people complaining about the camera and picture quality. I have a thunderbolt which I love. It has one of the best cameras Ive had on a phone. My laptop wallpaper is of a 50's bel-air, a pic that was taken with my t-bolt and you wouldnt be able to tell that it was taken with a phone camera. On the negative battery life sucks and it is a little on the heavy side. My suggestion is go to your local verizon store and play around with the phones, you will get a better idea than looking them up online.

Tripsyk

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't get the Bionic. Go with either the Nexus or Vigor, they are almost out anyway and either one is worth the wait and will be a massive upgrade to you.

I personally am going Nexus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz