LG Nexus...?

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Link to original article below

The highlighted quotes in article make seem Google "chooses" a manufacturer but what about Google's Nexus Program? Isn't the nexus program(bidding system or auction) is where manufacturers have to bid to get chances to make a nexus devices? Doesn't that imply the highest bidder win rather than being chosen?

Please anyone shade some light on this subject.

LG rumored to manufacture next Nexus device

Well this is certainly a change of pace, isn?t it? We?ve seen Google choose two manufacturers to produce products for their ?Nexus? line thus far: HTC and Samsung. Now, the latest rumor suggests LG could be next in line for the job. For those of you that don?t know, the ?Nexus? line of devices are updated to the latest version of Android before all others, and have Google on their side for superb technical support. Samsung has had the last two Nexus devices, so why has Google decided to mix it up?

If anything, you?d think Motorola would be next in line; especially since Google finally closed out the company?s buyout. LG hasn?t really made quite the footprint HTC or Samsung have left in the Android timeline yet, so it?s hard to fathom. However, the LG Spectrum was quite an eye-opener when it came to build quality and an amazingly pixel-rich display. They?re definitely on the right track, and if they continue to improve their line of devices in a way that catches the public?s eye, anything is possible.
Yet, the Galaxy S III is just around the corner, and HTC just dropped the One X ? a phone to rule them all. Stealing the thunder from either of these companies will be difficult. But in the end, Google will be the sole deciding factor on the matter. Sure, they have their best interests in mind, but they also let us know they want us to view the ?Nexus? line as lead by Google, and not a ?preferred? manufacture. We?ll find out eventually, but since the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was released only a couple months ago, it should be some time before another Nexus phone should hit the market. Now, a Nexus tablet is a different story altogether.

rizzman

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Big bummer if that is the case....we all know how the last premium LG devices turned out to be. I know, cause I was one of the dumb suckers that purchased one of those thinking they put out quality products. Never again LG.

strawhatnito0890

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see a moto nexus or a another HTC nexus i like Samsung screens but I'm not a big fan of there any more after two moments and a intercept but dere galaxy line is good just looks and feels cheap

K.U.S.H 305 MB855

Clay333

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site
I heard this about the galaxy nexus too, but Samsung ended up making it. My money would be motorola will be next since the purchase by Google

benjiboy23

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, i think that Sony should make the next nexus. Their Xperia S,U and P are some of the most advanced phones on the market right now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Big bummer if that is the case....we all know how the last premium LG devices turned out to be. I know, cause I was one of the dumb suckers that purchased one of those thinking they put out quality products. Never again LG.

Most of the problems were with software which google would take care of so that really wouldn't hold true if lg made the nexus.

N33k5

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
In the case of bids in the building of anything it goes to the person/group/company that will make whatever the request is at the lowest cost and of high quality/specs. Just remember each company has equal potential of making some horrible or wonderful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair