A Motorola Nexus device with an ATOM CPU and 1080p screen.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes we hear things. Things that we're not yet ready to post in the blog, or talk about as news (or even serious rumors). This is one of those times.

We got wind of a Motorola built device with the model defined as "RNEXUS". The few bits we have say it has a 1080p screen of undisclosed size, a keyboard, and will use the Z2580 Intel Atom SoC. Im putting it here so we can talk about it, and hopefully find out a little more.

Discuss.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe Google will make a Nexus with a keyboard. I would rather see a nexus phablet. The keyboards should be a thing of the past IMO just look at the market and you will see touchscreens obviously the prime choice.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

FishPharm

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I would love to see several options for the next Nexus. I kind of feel that Samsung/Google dropped the ball on a few specs (crappy camera etc) for the Galaxy Nexus. I would love to have a choice this time. I always thought it was odd that Google would get with Samsung because the biggest competition to the Nexus is the S3. So if you were Samsung, why would you want to make the Nexus with superior specs? I just don't want one that has a slide out keyboard.

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Variety is the spice of life!! I would love a Nexus with a keyboard. Going from the Droid 4 to the S3 was a weird experience. But, give me a Nexus with a screen comparable to the S3 and a slide out keyboard on par with the Droid 4's and I'm all in :D

joeb3786

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
if there are to be multiple nexii then why not offer one with and one without a slider keyboard? After all, variety is one thing android has over apple.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

johnp888

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
A few years ago I would have been totally looking for a phone with a kb. I think slider kb adds too much bulk and prevents integration of a large screen in that form factor. I'll definitely consider one without the kb... But hurray for renewed phones with keyboards! More choice is always good, my wife doesn't want a phone without the kb.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Android Central Forums

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Size is everything. I want the Moto-Intel, but I'd prefer 720p and 4.3 inches or smaller. This sounds like yet another monsterphone.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I really want to see an unlocked version with cdma radios along with every other radio just like apple offers. That way I can buy the next nexus from the play store and keep my unlimited data through Verizon ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I love the idea of a Moto Nexus...with Moto's build quality and radios, with no mfg skin or carrier bloat, running JB. Yes please. I could do without the slider kb, but no big deal. I'll stay tuned to this rumor for sure.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would love to see several options for the next Nexus. I kind of feel that Samsung/Google dropped the ball on a few specs (crappy camera etc) for the Galaxy Nexus. I would love to have a choice this time. I always thought it was odd that Google would get with Samsung because the biggest competition to the Nexus is the S3. So if you were Samsung, why would you want to make the Nexus with superior specs? I just don't want one that has a slide out keyboard.

Because Samsung is like any company and they want profit. Making a superior phone than the s3 for Google means they are still spreading the Samsung name and making profits. For a company it's probably better that the consumers options be a galaxy note, s3, or galaxy nexus. Rather than galaxy s3, iPhone, BlackBerry, HTC etc..

Step 1: Make amazing phone
Step 2: Make more amazing phones
Step 3: ????
Step 4: profit!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I hope there's some rule that says you can;t have one :p

So mean! :p

---------- Post Merged at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I really want to see an unlocked version with cdma radios along with every other radio just like apple offers. That way I can buy the next nexus from the play store and keep my unlimited data through Verizon ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The iPhone 5 has separate models for CDMA and GSM, and they are not interchangeable with one another. The number of antennas required for this would be ridiculous.

I want a GSM device (obviously) with support for as many international LTE bands that they can fit on top of the AT&T bands (nope, no love for Verizon. They ruined the Galaxy Nexus and I hope they never get another one because of it).

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
No doubt there are many Motorola phones to come. If the next one has a keyboard the one after that will probably be a new iteration and we can all pick up or new dream nexus device. Can't wait.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2